Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Their right about the middlefield control :P
    By killing the 3 last enemies , when they try rush from their base to urs in the start of the battle , it can reduce the phycology of the enemies (those 3 ppl) + more chances to win the other 7 in the first clash in the middle (and reduce those 7 phycology too)

If they can't GET it, then obviously they have no place in it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Who said anything about HKs ? You can easily turn Midfield into a chokepoint. As a matter of fact, the easiest way to get WSG perfection is by controlling Midfield. But again, it supposes that you know what you're doing. You're not going to win anything if everyone goes to midfield and starts mindlessly farming HKs, but we're talking about an actual strategy so randoms don't count.
    In an organized group that "gets it" yes, but that isn't the case unless you set it up, or get very lucky. Topic is comprehension, while people do comprehend, many, many do not, not even after playing for years. I don't really know what point you're trying to make here.

The game isn't exactly rocket science.. there's nothing to get. I came from MMOs like DAoC, WAR, WoW and others.. and it didn't confuse me in the least. I'm not special or smarter than anyone else, so I don't really see there being this imaginary bar that this thread seems to think is there.

Personally, I think yes, there will be a lot of people who come aboard at launch, expecting an updated version of WoW. Many people already, during beta/stress tests have been moaning non stop about the fact that this or that mechanic is 'dumb' etc, because it is unlike the standard mmo formula of run around, gather quests, turn in and grind grind grind. Even something as simple as the need to use actual dodging has a lot of these people scratching their heads. Those players will either adapt or keep their heads in the sand and go back to boring old WoW. That's my take on the scenario, anyway.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

I'm not sure I didn't "get it", I just thought it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    first off, if a game has to reward you for playing it something has gone horribly horribly wrong.
    I couldn't agree more...

I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I admit one of my biggest fears is that the MMO genre seems to have fewer and fewer players who share this mindset.
    Last edited by Shlamorel; 2012-08-21 at 12:41 PM.