Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Less heroics doesn't mean jack diddly in the quality of the product. You also marked all those dungeons in red to symbolize your... I dunno... fury at them being 're-used'. I again don't think that means anything - same place, but most everything is re-worked mechanic-wise, bar a few things. Poke and prod at every tiny thing you can until everything in WoW is terrible compared to how it used to be in your own private world.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you, since neither of us will ever change our minds, but I recognize your avatar and all I've ever seen it on are post that bash WoW, so excuse me if I take you less seriously... it doesn't help that you seem to retreat into quasi-intelligent garbling whenever some one brings up a good counter point. I don't think you hate or despise finding things about WoW 'declining'... I think you love forming personal opinions about things you dislike and trying to pass them off as facts of WoW's 'decline'. Dom't feel too bad, it's a popular past time these days. WoW has never been better, that's my opinion, and this dungeon number thing means nothing and you are a fool to say that is proof that they are getting lazy or something... that is my opinion as well.
    I genuinely do hate that WoW is getting worse and worse and less time is being put into it. I love WoW and I once loved Blizzard. I'd be insane not to feel crushed when something I started playing at the age of 12 (I'm 19) is declining so rapidly. It's not as if I haven't backed up any of my claims. The OP is pure evidence.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-19 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Yes, your getting less dungeons in Mists of Pandaria. I believe it's 9 at release, with two of them being remakes. So if you're going to be "That guy" and say there are only 7 dungeons, go ahead.
    Considering that he colored the remade dungeons in the OP red, yes, he's gonna be that guy.

You are correct though, it's 9 heroics at launch. Plus scenarios.

Edit: Wait, 10? Which is the tenth? O.o
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-19 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I wish all you naysayers would move along to Guild Wars 2 and never darken our door again. I am sick of all the 'wow is dying' posts. News flash, everything dies and entropy is a bitch. WoW could lose another 50% of its subscriber base and it would STILL be the biggest P2P MMO on the planet.
    Not me. I wouldn't wish that kind of curse on Guild Wars 2. I just wish they would stop with the same tired argument and move on. Yes we get it, you don't like the direction WoW is going. How many times do you have to repeat yourself before it dawns on you that no one gives a flying rats butt about your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    So I paid the same money but received half the content. Thanks for putting that out for me.
    Putting? Pointing? Not quite sure what you want to say there. Everyone knew how much content they were getting when they picked Cata up...

And I prefer with the Pandaren and all of the other changes to think that WoW is actually culling its player base, not dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Ah, I must've missed the 10th one being added. I forgot about the other remakes; thank you for that. And yes, scenarios will be a side-grade to dungeons will they not?
    I won't push an opinion regarding the scenarios being "side-grade", it is all pretty subjective. From the development point of view however, they're equal, because they're instanced areas with trash mobs and bosses that must be developed and tested separately from the world.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The only "re-used" dungeon in Cata that wasn't completely remade was Zul'Aman. The rest had entirely new bosses and mechanics. This "Blizzard is lazy"-talk is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I genuinely do hate that WoW is getting worse and worse and less time is being put into it. I love WoW and I once loved Blizzard. I'd be insane not to feel crushed when something I started playing at the age of 12 (I'm 19) is declining so rapidly. It's not as if I haven't backed up any of my claims. The OP is pure evidence.
    How on earth having 2 less instances is meaning anything? -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

while i can tell on your list that you dont count the 4 revamps. ill give you the troll dungeons those felt like the devs being lazy and trying to push out old content.

however sfk and deadmines are fine taking low lvl dungeons and revamping them once every blue moon is good and while i think sfk couldve been better i still enjoyed it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    while i can tell on your list that you dont count the 4 revamps. ill give you the troll dungeons those felt like the devs being lazy and trying to push out old content.

however sfk and deadmines are fine taking low lvl dungeons and revamping them once every blue moon is good and while i think sfk couldve been better i still enjoyed it
    Love your sig
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The only "re-used" dungeon in Cata that wasn't completely remade was Zul'Aman. The rest had entirely new bosses and mechanics. This "Blizzard is lazy"-talk is bullshit.
    Pretty much. Zul'Aman was the only 5-man dungeon in the entire game so far that disappointed me for that fact alone. I'm not saying it was a bad dungeon, but it was pretty much the same thing as the level 70 raid version, but downsized and boosted in level, with only a few small exceptions.

Other than Zul'Aman, anyone calling remade dungeons lazy needs a reality check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Other than Zul'Aman, anyone calling remade dungeons lazy needs a reality check.
    So the same deadmines with some new boss strats is the same as a completely new dungeon like Culling of Strathholme?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-19 at 11:22 PM.

I think it's important to remember when comparing raw numbers of instances that quantity doesn't necessarily reflect quality or development resources. Dungeons in TBC, and to a lesser extent Wrath, often shared art assets/styles, while every new instance in Cataclysm was unique, often radically so.

When you consider that a lot of the TBC instances were copy/pastes of the same tilesets, textures and doodads, with very few complex events involving triggers and scripted sequences (not to mention some that were bugged quite severely), and massively imbalanced difficulty in heroic modes, I'd definitely put my money on a lot more time and effort having been put into the Cataclysm ones prior to launch. ^^

So the same deadmines with some new boss strats is the same as a completely new dungeon like Culling of Strathholme?
    Culling of Stratholme re-used just as many assets as the Cata-enhanced old dungeons.

Deleted
    Culling of Stratholme re-used just as many assets as the Cata-enhanced old dungeons.
    It's that thinking that makes people like you think WoW is going as strong now as it ever did. You are wriggling pathetically trying to find flaws in my arguments, where as mines are just solid proof. Fine, one that looks less like SW. Is Azjol'Nerub the same as cata deadmines? (Vanilla deadmines with some new bosses.)
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-19 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that thinking that makes people like you think WoW is going as strong now as it ever did. Fine, is Azjol'Nerub the same as cata deadmines? (Vanilla deadmines with some new bosses.)
    Yes, it is the same thing as far as I'm concerned. You picked a terrible dungeon for comparison at first though, considering Culling of Stratholme was pretty much a restructured and non-destroyed Stratholme, much like Zul'Gurub.

You are re-using an area for story progress with new bosses. Nothing but the area is the same, and even then in many situations, the area changes slightly. You can call that lazy, but I honestly think that's silly.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-19 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    Let me get this straight... Culling of Stratholme is your idea of the pinnacle of new, fresh, original design?

I don't even...

It's that thinking that makes people like you think WoW is going as strong now as it ever did. You are wriggling pathetically trying to find flaws in my arguments, where as mines are just solid proof. Fine, one that looks less like SW. Is Azjol'Nerub the same as cata deadmines? (Vanilla deadmines with some new bosses.)
    Actually, AN, and Old Kingdom for that matter, uses art assets from a zone that was scrapped. Nothing in there was made specifically for those dungeons. It all came from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Let me get this straight... Culling of Stratholme is your idea of the pinnacle of new, fresh, original design?

I don't even...
    If you have read is various other posts he is just here to stir crap and talk smack.

Deleted
    Actually, AN, and Old Kingdom for that matter, uses art assets from a zone that was scrapped. Nothing in there was made specifically for those dungeons. It all came from somewhere else.
    ...jesus christ. THEY STILL CREATED THOSE ASSETS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'm done with this thread. The evidence has been provided for you all. Good bye, and I'm sorry you are what make Blizzard feel they CAN be lazy. 'Less heroics every expansion from now on, okay guys?' 'Yes sure, Blizzard. We don't really like it, but we won't say anything.' 'Good, now continue to give us money as we put out less and less content.'

You're all in denial.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-08-19 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could also be argued that even if there wasn't the precedent for the Azjol-Nerub empire zone, they use the art from each other.
    People like to be picky, so let's be picky too.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    If you have read is various other posts he is just here to stir crap and talk smack.
    True that, but still, it's somewhat fun to see what people can come up with.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-19 at 11:34 PM.