Deleted

Overflow and playing with friends

So I've been reading about the Overflow thing, it's not bad overall, actually even considering the amount of player yesterday the game went pretty smooth lagwise.

But the main problem with the Overflow shard is how difficult it is to play with friends. Somehow there is a "join" option when you right click on your party portrait, but no matter what we did we couldn't play together at all yesterday. We tried grouping/ungrouping logging in/off , pressing the join option each time, both. The only place we managed to see each other was in town.

Also I've read that you could join your friends for their story quest, but how is it done? When trying to join the story area, from a city (we could see each other there), there was no option to join.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason why you couldn't join when clicking on your friends portrait is because the server is full that there is no empty spot for you to get in.

To see your friends story vice versa one of you have to start the story quest by going to it and a menu should pop up to ask if you want to enter that story quest zone or not. You two can be far apart as long as someone starts it, the quest should teleport you to the personal story instance.

You cant join a friend that's in the main server but they can join you in the overflow through that join option you found in the party portrait.

I'm guessing that was your mistake, if you were trying to join them in the overflow and it wasn't working, then that is not intended, it worked fine in bwe3.

the same rule for full main servers applies to full overflows, whichever one of you is in the not full overflow is the one that's going to need to be joined.

When someone starts a personal story instance a popup appears for everyone in the party asking them if they wish to join or decline.

Deleted
    Weird, when we tried, I did get the popup for my own quest when walking through the green portal, but he wouldn't get any popup, even if standing right beside me, or even standing right on the portal.

Regarding overflow and join, when we tried to join and failed we were both in a overflow. The only time we could see each other was when we finally entered the main server (pretty much at the same time as we left the city at the same time and i guess we were very close in the queue).
    Last edited by mmoc5b799d32f5; 2012-08-22 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Weird, when we tried, I did get the popup for my own quest when walking through the green portal, but he wouldn't get any popup, even if standing right beside me, or even standing right on the portal.
    Must be bugged then.