Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Sylvari Female Breasts

The Sylvari are not born and seem to just wake up next to the Pale Tree, i.e. they are plants that grow? So why exactly do the female Sylvari have breasts? Given it appears they have no need to rear young.
    Last edited by Lawnmower; 2012-08-20 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The Sylvari are not born and seem to just wake up next to the Pale Tree, i.e. they are plants that grow? So why exactly do the female Sylvari have breasts? Given it appears they have no need to rear young.
    Why do they have eyebrows?

Their eyebrows are actually leaves folded together to create something that's actually facsimile of a human's counterpart. It's a walking plant. Breasts are no different.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-20 at 12:55 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Maybe, but even the Sylvari have something called, lust and passion ^^. Well mine does

They model themselves off humans

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Why Humans then? why not any of the other races? Is a specific reason stated within the lore?

A human planted the Pale Tree. Due to this the Pale Tree likely models the sylvari after humanity.

Edit: Note, the sylvari as far as I understand have fairly comparable physiology to humans, even when comparing sexual features. However, sylvari cannot give birth to other sylvari, they are only born from the Pale Tree.
    Last edited by Willias; 2012-08-20 at 01:04 AM.

Why Humans then? why not any of the other races? Is a specific reason stated within the lore?
    The pale tree gathers information in its life and is passed on to her children (of course not everything is passed on). The pale tree sprouted 250 years ago and didn't give birth till 225 years into its life.

Most likely it gathered the most information on humans, the current dominate race at the time and their characteristics gathered into the pale trees children. I'm sure other characteristics of other races are in the mix too however humans were more dominate producing more human like results.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-20 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    Because everyone likes boobs.
    Even plants.

Actual answer: If you're asking from a design perspective then it's probably so there's an obvious visual difference between male and female models.
    If you're asking from a lore perspective I have no idea.

Why the hell not?

They needed an elf race in GW2. So instead of modeling off the centaur so give a plant horseman race, they went for more human features. They still lack the muscle of humans in the males.

Given it appears they have no need to rear young.
    Since when are boobs needed to give birth?

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 01:06 AM ----------

They needed an elf race in GW2.
    They specifically said they did not want an elf race and if you actually make one, you can tell its nothing elf like besides pointy wood ears which they don't have to be pointy.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-20 at 01:06 AM.

Ha this thread is fantastic.

Why would you even question the tree people having a pair of babs?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Since when are boobs needed to give birth?
    Rearing is not giving birth, hun.

It's thoroughly explained in the lore.
    The pale tree must have infused Ronin's memories too though........him not having breasts n all
    It's all got fine continuity and believability in the gw2 lore, yh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Rearing is not giving birth, hun.
    SHHHHHHHH

they don't need to know that

>.>

<.<

Ok I see, so I'm assuming they also hold human characteristics such as emotions. Can they experience love? hate? remorse? happiness? etc.?

Ok I see, so I'm assuming they also hold human characteristics such as emotions. Can they experience love? hate? remorse? happiness? etc.?
    Yes to everything. They don't believe in segregation of love via male and female so all sylvari are bi by default.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-20 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    To make them more relateable.

My personal opinion on it (Since everyone before me said some legitimate reasons) is that it's an allure factor of a female. Of course people would still play the race if it wasn't male / female and just in-between or unidentifiable, but than it's a lot harder to relate towards. Guessing from a more artistic Point of View, they made the race become more approachable so that you understood what gender the race was (Even though I think they have no actual gender, just an appearance). Also, people like breasts on a female figure, so that might be the most common factor...
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2012-08-20 at 01:10 AM.

They can experience emotion, but it's all very new to them, with no one there to hold their hand and tell them it'll be okay (or guide them along). They embrace it, or they shove it aside.

They can love, they can hate, they get caught up in all the messy bits that intertwine the both very very easily (Caithe/Faolain). They can be happy, they can be Vulcan. And they can definitely hold grudges too.