• Sanctified Wrath

7 8.86%
  • Divine Purpose

51 64.56%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.0.4 Holy Lvl 75 Tier

What will be your choice for the remaining of the expansion with the new talent system as a Holy Paladin on the Level 75 tier of the talents ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Divine Purpose if i decide to stay as holy, it's the only sensible choice from what i have seen so far. (Subject to change ofc).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Avenger is quite powerful as well, but as we already have plenty of cds I will go for Divine Purpose as well

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    What will be your choice for the remaining of the expansion with the new talent system as a Holy Paladin on the Level 75 tier of the talents ?
    Everyone will have different thoughts on what to get. From testing in Beta I'm going with Divine Purpose. A chance at a free cast of WoG / LoD can't hurt at all and has a chance all the time. The other two require Avenging Wrath (if I remember right, haven't looked in awhile) and would make you feel forced to save AW for those times when you know you'll get the most out of the two instead of just using it as a cooldown.

I see Sanctified Wrath / Holy Avenger more as a "burst" cooldown which when healing I don't really feel there is a moment when we need "burst" as that's more a dps thing and if we need healing burst we have other cooldowns that could help with that. Since even Guardian is a lot better now that it provides +10% haste per heal he casts.

Sanctified wrath, more holy shocks means more pew pew.

It leads to the biggest dps increase so that's the one I'm going to be using.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2012-08-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Holy Avenger is the one I'll be trying first. However, getting the most out of that talent revolves around having enough mana to generate lots of HP in that period. Regardless, for AoE burst Holy Avenger will be amazing, and also serve as a mana conservation option to some extent.

If that isn't really viable in raids due to mana I might go Divine Purpose. I can see it perhaps being the go to option until mana picks up and players are reporting it feels useful and seems to proc a lot.

Sanctified Wrath... I frankly can't imagine why a PvE Holy Paladin would prefer this over the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Holy Avenger is the one I'll be trying first. However, getting the most out of that talent revolves around having enough mana to generate lots of HP in that period. Regardless, for AoE burst Holy Avenger will be amazing, and also serve as a mana conservation option to some extent.

If that isn't really viable in raids due to mana I might go Divine Purpose. I can see it perhaps being the go to option until mana picks up and players are reporting it feels useful and seems to proc a lot.

Sanctified Wrath... I frankly can't imagine why a PvE Holy Paladin would prefer this over the other two.
    Sanctified wrath for more damage.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Sanctified wrath for more damage.
    I can't think of many situations when a Holy Paladin would need to do more damage outside of perhaps helping out in Spine Heroic.

I can't think of many situations when a Holy Paladin would need to do more damage outside of perhaps helping out in Spine Heroic.
    depends on how you want to play your paladin, I know through cata, mine was a ranged dps, and thats what I plan to do in MoP with my holy spec too.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

depends on how you want to play your paladin, I know through cata, mine was a ranged dps, and thats what I plan to do in MoP with my holy spec too.
    And I'm sure there are melee hunters too but neither are desirable.

At the moment, Divine Purpose feels the best to me.

You were a ranged dps Holy Paladin in Cata?! I'd love to know how you sustained spamming exorcism longer than a minute!

You were a ranged dps Holy Paladin in Cata?! I'd love to know how you sustained spamming exorcism longer than a minute!
    wasn't that hard if you had enough spirit to get to hit cap, then you would have to seal dance combined with judging on CD when you got low.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

wasn't that hard if you had enough spirit to get to hit cap, then you would have to seal dance combined with judging on CD when you got low.
    That doesn't make sense? Judgement mana return was removed. I can't remember if it still qualifies as a melee attack for seal of insight, but Judgment costs 5% base mana while the seal returns 4%... So either you didn't do it period, or you didn't do it through cata as you claimed.

topic seems to have gone quite silly already :x

10+ Year Old Account
    I lean towards Sanctified Wrath at the moment, but it's all undecided.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

It definitely still was that hard. I had enough spirit to be double the hit cap pretty much. Spamming exorcism wasn't an option. Even relatively short spam phases, such as tendons on Spine heroic, could see me bleed half my mana pool. I would love to see a dps Holy Paladin spamming exorcism for the duration of heroic Deathwing. I have doubts you could even last Morchok.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    That doesn't make sense? Judgement mana return was removed. I can't remember if it still qualifies as a melee attack for seal of insight, but Judgment costs 5% base mana while the seal returns 4%... So either you didn't do it period, or you didn't do it through cata as you claimed.
    you didn't get it from the seal, you got a buff when you judged that increased your mana regeneration from spirit by like 30% in cata.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

you didn't get it from the seal, you got a buff when you judged that increased your mana regeneration from spirit by like 30% in cata.
    I take it you mean Judgements of the Pure? That is still, in no way, enough regen to last you through an entire encounter without several periods of doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    I take it you mean Judgements of the Pure? That is still, in no way, enough regen to last you through an entire encounter without several periods of doing nothing.
    No, it's not even close. My Holy Paladin had pretty much the best gear available in game and there's not a chance in hell I could sustain Exorcism spam for an encounter. I doubt it could even be sustained for more than a minute. I'm not sure which encounters Gamdwelf has been dpsing.

Really surprised at the amount of votes for Divine Purpose as it just seems so lackluster for holy (in my opinion, obv)

I'll be going with a mix of Sanc Wrath and Holy Avenger depending on encounters, but I think I'll end up going with Sanc Wrath for the most part.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 03:03 PM ----------

Also, does anybody have Raid testing/LFR logs where they were using Divine Purpose? Would love to take a look at them =)