Poll: What would you be?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you had a Superpower?

Feeling in a very hero-re mood lately, so lets do it!

Would you rather be a hero or a villain... Now this is going by, not the comic book message or the movies, or cartoons 'that good always wins' or 'good always prevails over evil' this is going by more...realistic terms (But with super powers, so....not so 'realistic') because we all know...good always doesn't!

Me personally I would be a mercenary/bounty hunter with;

Power:
    Telepathy/Telekinesis (Its one power really...)

(Making you think, feel things. I could tell your brain your on fire...when your not! Or make you think your someone when your not, I could train your brain mentally to make you think your a solider/assassin. But you wouldn't be, this would take all my focus and a little tap on my shoulder could brake my control and I would be able to lift and toss objects)

and Rapid healing

Traits:

Assortment of gadgets/ and how to use them (Guns,Rifles, explosives,swords, traps and poisons)

Enhanced reflexes

I would be sort of a Anti-hero! If your killing people....innocent people, I'm not going to rough you up a bit and send you off the prison! I'm going to kill you...and if there is a price on your head I'll pick that up too. If your terrorizing a community somewhere that doesn't effect me or people I know/love, or effecting my flow of money your not on my radar until I get a offer! Now if your planning on starting a war, I will take you down with all of my abilities, might even hire some help!

Now the world, I'm talking of is alittle similar to our own! Not everyone has super powers or 'abilities' and those that do are either feared,admired or hated!

I would be a Anti-Hero I suppose!

So tell me what power you would have...Limiting it to 'no god like' super powers and no immortality or invulnerability! You can has a higher resistance to pain, and things like that. Only 2 powers can be used I.E Fire/Ice, Gadgets doesn't count as a power more of a 'trait'! You can have two traits, I.E Gadgets/heightened senses (Like me)

So...lets go
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Think people are sort of missing the point of the game, let me explain!

Hero, Villain, Anti, hero Key points here

Then your power I.E fire/ice (you can have two)

then your traits like super endurance/gadgets (can only have two)
    Last edited by Duito; 2012-08-23 at 08:20 PM.
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

I don't think I'd lean too far on either side. I'd want to be good and do good deeds, but if I had to kill a good person for a greater purpose, or if I had to abandon a bus of kids to save something more important, I'd do it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like being human. Not in the public eye or scrutiny.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Intuitive Aptitude

I don't even care if I have the ability to actually perform what I know, I just want to know it.

As far as Hero vs Villain, I think I'd just be. Chances are I'd abuse my power at least a little, but if I witness a crime and feel like I can come out of it with my skin intact, I'd definitely step in and help.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

Easily a villain.

Why? Because good and evil are subjective. Being a super "hero" means you exist to preserve society in its current form.

Being a villain means you get to rewrite society in your perfect image. The best part is that if you win, you're no longer a villain since you get to write the history books.

The anime, Death Note examines this whole concept of good and evil in a pretty awesome way.

As for my non-godlike power?

Well, I'll choose an X-Men-type power. I choose total control over a fundamental force (like Magneto). Except I choose Gravity.
    Last edited by Laize; 2012-08-20 at 04:15 AM.

If I had to choose a power I would be a telepath like Charles Xavier from the X-men.

I would probably end up being a villain though because I could see myself giving into my desires doing bad things to cater to them in addition to killing people I disliked, from the outside looking in I would probably viewed as quite evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't think I'd lean too far on either side. I'd want to be good and do good deeds, but if I had to kill a good person for a greater purpose, or if I had to abandon a bus of kids to save something more important, I'd do it.
    I just think that would be called a douche
    Jokes aside...Kids really, awwh those poor little thumb suckers...think you would be a Anti-hero then or...I don't really know what to call it

What will your power be?

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I like being human. Not in the public eye or scrutiny.
    Humans are boring!

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    If I had to choose a power I would be a telepath like Charles Xavier from the X-men.

I would probably end up being a villain though because I could see myself giving into my desires doing bad things to cater to them in addition to killing people I disliked, from the outside looking in I would probably viewed as quite evil.
    HmMmM nice!

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 04:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Easily a villain.

Why? Because good and evil are subjective. Being a super "hero" means you exist to preserve society in its current form.

Being a villain means you get to rewrite society in your perfect image. The best part is that if you win, you're no longer a villain since you get to write the history books.

The anime, Death Note examines this whole concept of good and evil in a pretty awesome way.

Well, I'll choose an X-Men-type power. I choose total control over a fundamental force (like Magneto). Except I choose Gravity.
    Sweet very good idea

LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Easily a villain.

If I were to pick a fundamental force, I'd choose the strong force. With it I could dissolve matter into individual protons and neutrons and could, theoretically, recombine them into any atoms of my choosing. If I could affect the range of the strong force, I could even potentially use it to create molecular compounds of my choosing. Would be nice to have the powers of destruction and creation at my whim. (I'm probably exaggerating the "creation" potential of that ability.)

If I could only destroy things, I definitely would be a villain. If I could create things as well, I'd more likely be a wealthy vigilante/mercenary.

Probably a villain. It sounds much more fun than saving the city from all the powerless street thugs stealing someone's purse, assuming no one else has superpowers.

I would be a villain. I would have more fun getting rid of the people/things I don't like in this world.

Deleted
    Id be Chaotic Neutral , doing whatever I want ,whenever I want while causing as much chaos as possible without being evil.

Powers:
    - Mental powers with a 'specializiation' on invading the mind, causing hallucinations etc
    - Shapeshifting

'Gadgets':
    None really.

Anti-Hero!

My power would be Cell Manipulation. I would be able to do things like replicate skin and tissue to restore wounds, restore blood, etc. Basically, the modern version of a healer. :P I'd also be able to cause horrible injuries to people that would try and attack me by causing their cells to grow too quickly! I'd be really useless in combat though because I would need to be able to physically touch the person I want to help/harm. I'd be useless against those fireball tossing, gravity wielding guys.

The built in failsafe for my power is simple genetics. Cells can only replicate themselves so many times (or so I've read) and healing gigantic wounds would probably take a few years off the person's life. ^^

I'd be an Anti-Hero because I wouldn't associate myself with either side. I'd be that loner that wears a hoodie and no one would ever notice me, but I'd heal someone that was injured and run away so they wouldn't know it was me.

I'd... probably get kidnapped by a villain who wants to abuse my power, saved by the heroes and forced to work with them out of my sense of respect until I paid off my debt.
    /dance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanero View Post
    Anti-Hero!

My power would be Cell Manipulation. I would be able to do things like replicate skin and tissue to restore wounds, restore blood, etc. Basically, the modern version of a healer. :P I'd also be able to cause horrible injuries to people that would try and attack me by causing their cells to grow too quickly! I'd be really useless in combat though because I would need to be able to physically touch the person I want to help/harm. I'd be useless against those fireball tossing, gravity wielding guys.

The built in failsafe for my power is simple genetics. Cells can only replicate themselves so many times (or so I've read) and healing gigantic wounds would probably take a few years off the person's life. ^^

I'd be an Anti-Hero because I wouldn't associate myself with either side. I'd be that loner that wears a hoodie and no one would ever notice me, but I'd heal someone that was injured and run away so they wouldn't know it was me.

I'd... probably get kidnapped by a villain who wants to abuse my power, saved by the heroes and forced to work with them out of my sense of respect until I paid off my debt.

I would hire you, my line of work would be dangerous ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 05:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Id be Chaotic Neutral , doing whatever I want ,whenever I want while causing as much chaos as possible without being evil.

Powers:
    - Mental powers with a 'specializiation' on invading the mind, causing hallucinations etc
    - Shapeshifting

'Gadgets':
    None really.
    No gadgets... is a trait xD

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Probably a villain. It sounds much more fun than saving the city from all the powerless street thugs stealing someone's purse, assuming no one else has superpowers.
    Others would have powers, just not 'the whole world' because we all know how that would end

one giant BOOOOM

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 05:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I would be a villain. I would have more fun getting rid of the people/things I don't like in this world.
    Sweet I would pick villain as well, but I don't see myself as that guy...or a good guy! I feel in between and Anti-hero xD my choice always and forever

LIFE

I'd Choose...

To be:
    Anti hero - Neutral. Would start out striving to make my life better, not fighting crime, after a while, maybe trying to make the world a better place

My two powers:
    Problem with this is that they have to be non-godlike.. ruling out absolute power over space and time, controlling gravity/photons/electrons
    Morphing and Teleportation (being biologically immortal being the only reason I chose morphing over psychic powers)

Then, my traits:
    dont really get what you mean by this.. being able to hack/picklock/hotwire/drive anything, and pull freshly baked waffles out of my left eye.
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traits mean: Super strength, Super speed, super reflexes, gadgets and things like that xD

LIFE

I would say Super Speed and teleportation...

And as to what said i would fall on... I wouldnt fall on either... they both have merits
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I would say Super Speed and teleportation...

And as to what said i would fall on... I wouldnt fall on either... they both have merits
    So your a Anti-hero I don't get it xD

LIFE

I'm gonna be a bit cheap and go with something that entails several powers: I'd be a werewolf. Superhuman strength, speed, agility, and reflexes, heightened senses, and quick healing. These would be present to an extent in human form, putting my physical prowess a bit above the level of Olympic athletes plus perfect vision and sharper hearing and smell, and when in beast form I would have strength around that of a Kodiak bear(strong enough to casually rip a door off a car, for some perspective), jumping ability like that of a cougar, leaping ~forty feet with a ~fifteen foot vertical, steel-hard claws and teeth, superior eyesight and vastly superior hearing and smell.

No special vulnerability to silver. I don't consider that part of "true" werewolf lore, it was just made up in 1936.

I guess I'd be a "good mercenary" type. My abilities are up for hire, but I won't do anything I see as bad or just stand by if someone needs my assistance.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2012-08-20 at 06:15 AM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Does Money count as a super power? Id kill for an Iron Man suit...

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Vermiliel Mauritius Dawnguardian View Post
    Intuitive Aptitude

I don't even care if I have the ability to actually perform what I know, I just want to know it.
    That one actually sounds interesting, could definitely make a good bit of money out of it. Could possibly combine it with the ability to "foresee the infinite potential outcomes that are dependent on the actions taken in any given scenario" similar to that of Griffin from MIB3 assuming I could manipulate those outcomes to my benefit.

I'd probably go Anti-hero, I'd have no problems aiding others if it's a life/death situation or they are working on a project that I'd consider would benefit me or mankind in the long run.