Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For the record Hellgate: London while short lived was interesting. D3 could use atmosphere injection of that sort.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad, you'd think these kind of people weren't complete dicks.
    Not that I gave a fuck about D3 but, fastest selling pc game maybe, but no where near the best.

Deleted
    Who cares, everyone knows blue posts are full of shit and they post nonsense.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    For the record Hellgate: London while short lived was interesting. D3 could use atmosphere injection of that sort.
    Interresting classes maybe, the rest was shit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Brevik also made hellgate:london so I don't think if Brevik was the one who made the decision for D3 it would be any better and could have been worse. "Fuck that loser" lol That's a bit too much.
    dude plz get some infos about HGL .. HGL failed because they got money issue so they had to release an unfinished game .. this has nothing to do with brevik .. google is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Interresting classes maybe, the rest was shit.
    The classes and the whole layout/dark atmosphere were interesting ... better than the pretty polished nothing D3 presents. Grenadier spec was pure win. But yeah, the game was like it was missing other half. It certainly was not a MMO.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Yet another reason that Facebook is simply a bad idea for anyone in a position like that.

Deleted
    Someone posted on the devs facebook "its ok u made the most successful selling PC game of all time" (something like that). I mean oh yeah? MAYBE because D1 & D2 was epic before. I would NEVER have bought it from day 1 if I knew how fucking bad it would be.

First no PvP? Really? Fucking hell...

Its built around AH = the drops you want and can use yourself is sooooooooooooooooo small its insane=grind gold as he said and thats NOT what it should be about.

No talents/points = very little replay value. In D2 you could lvl up a char to about 80 and it was around "finished" even though u had 19 lvls left you could progress slovely towards. And if u choose to "spec" one way and if u got bored you could take a break then maybe think later hmm would be fun to try another spec. Then you had to lvl up and gear for that. You just had much more to do in D2.

The itemization... really?... REALLY? Even on legendaries?!?

Most spells in D3 was boring and useless that had no use.

They think a game is good because it sells shit loads of copies because of old titles and ride on that wave? Blizzard seems to not know what they are doing these days. Lets see how MoP will be. I hope it will be fun but for some reason I have the feeling the PvP will be horrible.

They should fire that Jay Wilson guy.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2012-08-20 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Can someone explain me what's the fuzz here? o-O
    Jay Wilson said FUCK.. So what? We all say it all the time? He prolly thought it's a private FB where he can talk just the way he talks in his office - but it turned out to be public and people found out (FB 'duh)..
    Not a big of deal IMHO.. Unless I'm missing something important here o-O
    Well, one could say that when Jay Wilson said "Fuck that loser", he unintentionally said that as well to the all people that are unhappy with the current state of Diablo 3.
    The people who held Diablo II in high regards, will certainly agree with the points made by David Brevik during his interview. And Brevik was never aggressive, he was very cautious with his words.

So, there's not much of a middle ground here:
    Brevik represents the proven, successful and beloved formula that culminated in Diablo II.
    Wilson represents the record sales success but often controversial formula that breeded Diablo III.

Regardless of which side do you prefer, it is never good for a company's image to have a employee that says something offensive in Facebook, a public space available to everyone. This is the kind of venting you only between your friends.

Deleted
    I am highly disappointed by Blizzard. They should have posted a formal excuse or at least some kind of explanation. I was a Diablo 2 fan since day 1 and to be honest, D3 in comparison is a total crap game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lpcinder View Post
    I am highly disappointed by Blizzard. They should have posted a formal excuse or at least some kind of explanation. I was a Diablo 2 fan since day 1 and to be honest, D3 in comparison is a total crap game.
    Mike Morhaime kinda did a month ago, although I'm not sure if you're referring to D3 in general or Jay Wilson's comment of which only happened recently so it's unlikely they would have made a response that fast, along with the fact they'd have to verify it first.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080663481
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-08-20 at 01:39 PM.

Well the design philosophy has changed way too much even in wow since Jeff Kaplan was tasked to dev lead Titan.

I agree with Brevik 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Mike Morhaime kinda did a month ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080663481
    I know but I was talking about this incident. I don't care about D3 anymore since there is no fun to be had there, but I do care when a person like Jay Wilson says things like this. He should be ashamed of himself. D2 is far superior to D3 even if it's way older.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lpcinder View Post
    I know but I was talking about this incident. I don't care about D3 anymore since there is no fun to be had there, but I do care when a person like Jay Wilson says things like this. He should be ashamed of himself. D2 is far superior to D3 even if it's way older.
    It would appear I clarified my post too late .
    I kinda wish they did sack him or something. He's almost ruined the Diablo franchise which in my books isn't a good reason to keep him employed. I'd expect a response from Blizzard about his comments later this week at the very latest given how it's swarming the forums.

Deleted
    They should be fired for that. Really. If I posted that I would be in my job. Anyone with half a brain knows not to post anything on Facebook that you don't want made public.

It's their attitude that strikes me as amazing, they really can't accept the criticism, they seam unable to see the faults that everyone else can. If they could, they could fix the and make the game half decent, instead they come out with this juvenile response..
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-08-20 at 02:15 PM.

www.facebook.com/Jay.Wilson.Apologize.Now

I haven't played yet but people have some serious mental & emotional issues with this game. Especially personal insults. Is calling him a fat fuck with multiple chins that needs to die/get fired really going to solve anything? ❤
    Last edited by BoysBoysBoys; 2012-08-20 at 02:12 PM.

I can't wait until people see through the D3/WoW/CoD garbage and it fizzles out. Then Devs can stop making half-assed games because it will kill their sales and reputation.

The masses will learn. It just takes time.

Oh noes, someone posts something on a personal (private?) page and suddenly DRAMA.

Certainly, saying 'fuck that loser' is rude. Was it referring to any of you? To anyone who isn't this Brevik guy? Absolutely not. It was directed at one person, ergo one person in the entire world has the right to get upset over it. It is nothing to do with anyone else at all.

Demanding that he lose his job over this or demanding he should apologise is outright childish. Grow up and stop sticking your noses into other people's private business. Only one person gets to demand an apology, or get offended over this. Nobody else.

This dumbass celebrity idol worship (and the extreme opposite) needs to stop. Who cares about their personal life: it's completely irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Oh noes, someone posts something on a personal (private?) page and suddenly DRAMA.

Certainly, saying 'fuck that loser' is rude. Was it referring to any of you? To anyone who isn't this Brevik guy? Absolutely not. It was directed at one person, ergo one person in the entire world has the right to get upset over it. It is nothing to do with anyone else at all.

Demanding that he lose his job over this or demanding he should apologise is outright childish. Grow up and stop sticking your noses into other people's private business. Only one person gets to demand an apology, or get offended over this. Nobody else.

This dumbass celebrity idol worship (and the extreme opposite) needs to stop. Who cares about their personal life: it's completely irrelevant.

What an incredibly naive view of how the world works. It's really bad pr for bliz. And it may be news to you, but people care about the attitude of the devs, and this speaks to what that attitude is.

It's also Facebook, it's not private. Only a complete muppet thinks that what they put on Facebook won't be up for public scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

I think it's the fact that he would talk that way about any peer, let alone the one who helped design the franchise that piggy backed him into fame (or infamy). He owes a lot to that man. To insult him because of HGL being an ambitious project that failed is disgusting. Diablo 3 was a safe conservatively designed sequel to an established IP with the financial backing of a 10 billion dollar company, he took no risks. It just shows hubris and an appalling lack of respect. You'd think someone who has messed up so badly would have some humility

If they talk that way about a guy like him, what do you honestly think they say about the fans who are critical of D3? Yeah we get our annual Morhaime letter about how much they value us, but that reads like a personal "fuck you" to everyone who has ever criticised the game.
    Last edited by hailey; 2012-08-20 at 02:31 PM.

Fuck that loser