6 sec cd on PW:S;
    SW:death self-damage gone;
    Can't reduce weakened soul with healing;
    Inner Focus silence immunity now requires a major glyph;
    No rapture;
    Mind blast/spike gone for Disc, have fun being locked on holy school;
    Other !@#$ that I forgot.

Is this real life?
    Last edited by Razorcat; 2012-08-20 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree, sucks they took the dmg element out of pvp healing. but it was sliding down that slope with cata too :[. imo; the new talents are nice enough to offset the rest of it and give us enough time to get decent casts off.

Since you're talking about Disc it seems:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcat View Post
    6 sec cd on PW:S
    Disc PW:S doesn't have a CD.
    Can't reduce weakened soul with healing
    SoS is still there.
    No rapture
    Still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No mana burn;
    To be honest I'm kind of happy and sad to see it go, mana burn as a whole was really strong(if it hit). Personally I can kill healers without it(as shadow). All it did was make the process go faster. At least for me. The reason I think it was taken out because of how effective it really is, it might of been needed way back when but not now, it's possible to kill healers without it, just have to time cc better now that's all.

No baseline mind control and a 30 sec cd one if talented
    Yeah losing MC baseline kind of sucked, however the new 1 we got is actually really nice(even if it costs a talent). 1.5sec cast, which is a lot better then the current. Can be used on all non-machine, meaning it can see a ton more use PvE (though your complaints seem to be disc PvP related you'll most likely not care about that part) Also being a "Non-machine" target we can finally throw druids that are in cat/bear off cliffs just like everyone else now!

SW:death self-damage gone
    If you really want that option you can glyph for it. So it's not completely "gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Essageo View Post
    This I find to be one of the strange changes. As to my knowledge, druids & shamans still have a second school they can abuse. Seems they really dont want priests to do damage, Dunno why but I sometimes miss being 1shot by shadowmourne. OT, I saw a guy somewhere say to make a priest glyph that makes all offensive spells into arcane (like starshards from Nelfs), which I approve of instead of the instant holy fire glyph.
    Shaman have Lava Burst on a cooldown, much like the old Mind Blast, but they can't really exploit a second school to damage without fear of interrupt. Elemental Blast and Lightning Bolt are both Nature spells.

And Druids lost their Arcane school, only being left with Moonfire or Wrath unless they're balance spec'd. And, well, Paladins have never had a second school. So really, the loss of Mind Spike/Mind Blast isn't only a Priest issue. It's a necessity to shift focus off of interrupts and onto actually playing the game. More of a meta-shift than anything else. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

if it's interrupts this is about, why not remove/change them instead of removing second school spells for healers?

Because majority of interupts got their cd increased to 15 seconds so its gotten easier for casters therefore healers don't need to juke with a second school, they can take the risk and juke with their holy school otherwise it'll be too unfair.

Deleted
    No mana burn;
    About time, should of gone in Cataclysm with Drain Mana and Viper Sting.

Deleted
    2s without manaburn is gonna be interesting for sure. I wonder if healer/x vs healer/x is going to be a 100% draw now that one of the healers can't be a manaburning priest.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-08-23 at 01:37 PM.

Shackle Undead should have been the Tier 1 crowd control talent, with its limitations removed. Dominate Mind/Mind Control has been garbage since Vanilla. It's completely lame to have to crowd control yourself to crowd control someone else. No other class has to put up with that nonsense.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    About time, should of gone in Cataclysm with Drain Mana and Viper Sting.
    Mana Burn was worthless against any team that didn't have another Priest. The other 3 healers have no problem whatsoever avoiding/dealing with it, with ridiculous mana cooldowns, free heals and instant heals.

I won't comment about all the other stuff, but I'm glad to see mana burn gone. I've been pissed about that ever since warlocks lost theirs but priests didn't. Mind control is pretty obnoxious too, so I can't say I'll miss that getting spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Shackle Undead should have been the Tier 1 crowd control talent, with its limitations removed. Dominate Mind/Mind Control has been garbage since Vanilla. It's completely lame to have to crowd control yourself to crowd control someone else. No other class has to put up with that nonsense.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 05:18 AM ----------

Mana Burn was worthless against any team that didn't have another Priest. The other 3 healers have no problem whatsoever avoiding/dealing with it, with ridiculous mana cooldowns, free heals and instant heals.
    I disagree, Mana burns was the key to winning games in arenas. Not just for its mana burn use but for all those retards that decided to waste interupt on it so u could heal for 10sec for free.

Deleted
    Good use of mana burn can win a lot more games then you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I won't comment about all the other stuff, but I'm glad to see mana burn gone. I've been pissed about that ever since warlocks lost theirs but priests didn't. Mind control is pretty obnoxious too, so I can't say I'll miss that getting spammed.
    Main part of that was because as long as you started drain mana, it couldn't be avoided with LoS.

Deleted
    Not in 2s as mage/priest. Though vs druids it is rather pointless (bearform and all), but thankfully druid healing is terrible ^^
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-08-27 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Take a druid with you at all times. You'll have Cyclone and I guess that solves the problem of not having enough utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Take a druid with you at all times. You'll have Cyclone and I guess that solves the problem of not having enough utility.
    Like having 2 Cyclones will help?

Isn't Cyclone on the same Diminishing Returns as Psychic Scream?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mind Control is one of the most OP CC if used correct. Most CC can only keep one target controlled and if you hit it breaks. With MC you can MC one target right at the start and have the mobs kill it. Tank picks up the adds when its about to die and you MC next target and start hitting a preset target the tank will try and not aggro. Now you are CCing 2 targets and have one killed already. How can that not be the best CC in game?!
    Last edited by Sloth888; 2012-08-28 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth888 View Post
    Mind Control is one of the most OP CC if used correct. Most CC can only keep one target controlled and if you hit it breaks. With MC you can MC one target right at the start and have the mobs kill it. Tank picks up the adds when its about to die and you MC next target and start hitting a preset target the tank will try and not aggro. Now you are CCing 2 targets and have one killed already. How can that not be the best CC in game?!
    Mobs generally do very little dmg in comparison with players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth888 View Post

- players burn the mob faster down then the mob itself if in proper group, mc now has a 30 sec cd if memory serves me right
    - player is *disabled* when second mc
    - cannot be used in raids, not viable cc even if it was (except nax)