Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    But you can be sure it will drop at least to amount botters are offering, because at least some of them will sell through RMAH and others will not be able to aford higher prices.

Also,radiant star emerald prices are already at 0,57 €/mil (you have to count 30% cut on profit there) and futher droping, this might just be the push needed to drop gold prices to 0.25 €/mil
    But gold already WAS at the price gold sellers were advertising, as witnessed by the radiant emerald - people were using them as currency in order to transfer gold into cash . Being able to sell it directly for the amount that gold sellers are, instead of having to jump through hoops should just make it easier, really.

"Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab."

TIME LEFT? TIME LEFT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? BLACKBERRY STOPWATCH AUCTION HOUSE PLAYING WHEOUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Grumply View Post
    "Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab."

TIME LEFT? TIME LEFT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? BLACKBERRY STOPWATCH AUCTION HOUSE PLAYING WHEOUUU
    Because there was absolutely no way to keep track of that without sorting by time...

Deleted
    How are people even surprised? This is what inflation does.

You think you're a tough guy because you have 200 million? A month from now it'll be worth only like 50 million.

Personally I thought I had something when I had 2.5 million. But in today's economy it's like I only have 5000 gold. I can't buy shit.
    And although inflation hurts me, it also hurts people with more money. Nobody except the gold farmers themselves or the AH players can escape from this.

Deleted
    Well I spent almost all my gold on a few decent items and I also bought Eirena a nice weapon and necklace and now she has 8700 dps! I'm hoping they hold some sort of value. I'm also guessing if this gold change goes live D3 will have Zimbabwe's economy lol.
    Last edited by mmoc17e7648fd5; 2012-08-20 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    Well I spent almost all my gold on a few decent items and I also bought Eirena a nice weapon and necklace and now she has 8700 dps! I'm hoping they hold some sort of value. I'm also guessing if this gold change goes live D3 will have Zimbabwe's economy lol.
    Well,people like you are really overacting terribly.
    At most, and that is assuming gold prices will instantly drop to minimum (which i think they will, but not immediately), it will double the gold prices, because current gold is currently 0.5-0.6 per mil through RMAH, blizz just makes it to you dont have to use gems to get this price. Not saying 100% inflation is low, it isnt, it will change things, but claiming that 200 mil gold is nothing (and that doesnt go directly at quoted person, but others), is really overexagerating.

It is kind of confirmed:
    Patch 1.0.4 will allow you to sell a stack of 1,000,000 gold for as low as $.25 (if that's your thing).
    I don't know for US, but for EU it will totally corrupt RMAH and heavily inflate GAH by giving monopoly over RMAH to bots to sell their cheap millions. I hope my gold auction will be sold before 1.0.4, couldn't sell even gold on EU RMAH for couple weeks.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-08-21 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I'm quite sure it is just the way the wrote it, 1 million gold will be able to be sold as low as .25$€£ which makes sense as botters sells gold at around .4£$€ anyway so the 2.5£$€ was just not competitive, now if only they could remove the 250£$€ cap on RMAH so people wouldn't have to list items for a billion gold instead of what ever price they want on the RMAH due to it being more profitable to sell it for gold and then sell the gold.
    Yes, I agree.

$ value of gold goes down, prices of items on the GAH goes up. I think anyone holding a lot of gold right now would be smart to make some investments.

Deleted
    Well,people like you are really overacting terribly.
    current gold is currently 0.5-0.6 per mil through RMAH
    I've been getting £2.50 from the UK auction house, it's impossible to sell on the EU but it looks like gold will be worth next to nothing on the UK auction house as well. I for one am estatic I didn't sell that ring I found a few days ago, God bless procrastination!

I just hope they clarify few things. If really they allow gold to be sold below the $0.25 per 100000 stack limit, it will virtually allow botters to take advantage of it. And hey, where's the value of our gold? *sigh*

Hey, I'm a new joiner here. Anybody knows how to set my signature?

Good job Blizz, cutting the value of gold down to 10% of what it is now. Well, back to selling items! And anyone that doesn't think that gold will almost instantly drop to the minimum value, and that you will be able to sell at any higher than 0.25$ per million simply has no clue how this game's economy works. As far as I'm concerned, this is the one black mark on this patch.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-08-21 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Good job Blizz, cutting the value of gold down to 10% of what it is now. Well, back to selling items! And anyone that doesn't think that gold will almost instantly drop to the minimum value, and that you will be able to sell at any higher than 0.25$ per million simply has no clue how this game's economy works. As far as I'm concerned, this is the one black mark on this patch.
    I fell really bad for anyone who was actually buying gold for 0.25 per 100k, when you could get 1mil per 0.7 through gems.

Also, for anyone who missed it, its already confirmed by blue.

Patch 1.0.4 will allow you to sell a stack of 1,000,000 gold for as low as $.25 (if that's your thing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello massive inflation.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't feel like its poorly worded at all. They have increased the maximum amount of gold you can list to 1 million. Instead of only selling in increments of 100k you can now either sell in 100k and 1 million or between 100k and 1 million.

They are not changing the minimum list price for gold auctions. It will only devalue gold if people sell at the minimum list price which is entirely possible. This is a good thing because it keeps gold prices down instead of increasing them to the new minimum gold price.

I gotta agree with you I don't see whats confusing about it at all.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Hello massive inflation.
    Control and decimation is fine with me :P but I can't say the same for you all unfortunately

It won't change anything, really, it allows for a supply and demand based gold selling market, it won't inflate the economy more than it already is (and you should be far more concerned about the non capped gold find percentage with paragon levels), the bots will have as much gold as before and they will sell just as much as they did before, the only thing that is changing is that you can buy gold cheaper instead of buying gems that you turn in to gold.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-08-21 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Sooo, has the gold on the rmah dropped a lot already?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    Sooo, has the gold on the rmah dropped a lot already?
    last i checked 1million gold was selling for around 98 cents. so yeah i guess.