Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

New MF system - Paragon

What I'm awesome at f5'ing the dam site anyway here's the new system of MF and It's actually good lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968...stem-8_20_2012

Discuss ~

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 04:15 PM ----------

Huh I don't even have to use my macro now LOL

YES

I like it, gives more of an incentive to play the game even after you've reached level 60 - personally I've always thought that swapping in and out of magic find gear is just silly, being completely honest you shouldn't be able to switch gear at all while in combat. Still, very good idea which in the end, as stated in the article, you won't have to even bother about magic find at all.

I absolutely love this.
    I guess people with lots of MF gear will be really butthurt... oh well.

The only thing I wonder is... will Paragon levels be bound to your character or to your account? (as in, all of your lvl60s share the same paragon)
    I kinda hope it's the latter... I play two lvl60s depending on my mood and this would mean I'd have to decide which one to focus on :S
    Last edited by nevermore; 2012-08-20 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, finally, something new and fresh to add to progression. I love this change, i fkn love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's basically a way to add lvl 99 without saying were going to abandon lvl 60 and go back to how it was in d2? Well it's nice change I guess. I like capping mf at lvl 100 although at that point wouldn't one have all the gear one needed?

You get stats - hence playing the game more will actually reward you.
    You get MF - hence playing the game more will reward better loot (to a certain degree)
    You get 100 levels, the first one being like 59-60 - a very long run to aim to level cap.

FINALLY I RECOGNIZE DIABLO. WHY TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK TO THE ORIGINS.

EDIT: nephalem stacks will stack woth paragon levels. MF gear won't stack, but you'll get passively more powerful by leveling.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-20 at 04:24 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i have one question. . . what happens to my paragon levels when the xpac hits?

Looks...unimportant. A literal grind for little reward? I was excited when I started reading and kept waiting for the catch, now I'm just sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Now i have one question. . . what happens to my paragon levels when the xpac hits?
    It isn't WoW, they don't increase the level caps lol

The first Paragon level should take about as long as it took most players to get from level 59 to 60, and the experience requirement will rise from there. The time to reach the upper Paragon levels approximates the long-term time investment required to get a level 99 character in Diablo II.
    Sounds really fucking nice. I might start playing again with this patch . I just have too little time

Also:
    Jay Wilson is Game Director for Diablo III, and his Necron army is WAY better than your Eldar army.
    Lol. I always like their employee descriptions at the end of articles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Looks...unimportant. A literal grind for little reward? I was excited when I started reading and kept waiting for the catch, now I'm just sad.
    The catch is the elimination of MF gear on your main. All of the benefits, none of the drawbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    It isn't WoW, they don't increase the level caps lol
    Didn't they do that just right here? Furthermore with the gear all having ilvls do we really expect that they won't also increase lvl cap to go along with the increase in ilvl we know is coming in the xpac...?

finally endgame? yes please

btw. did they just take most of Kripp's suggestions?

Deleted
    So they didn't fix MF gear swapping but added system that will make MF worthless on items over time?

Bad, but then again I wasn't that excited about 1.0.4 in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Didn't they do that just right here? Furthermore with the gear all having ilvls do we really expect that they won't also increase lvl cap to go along with the increase in ilvl we know is coming in the xpac...?
    We don't know. But based on D2, it won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yeah but it doesn't exactly affect anything really, In WoW of course most of your stuff becomes garbage lol.

In this sense your MF gear becomes ''worthless'' as you grind since the more you grind the better your MF gains on It's own

And if they do increase the level cap; Expect 20420402040 people to leave again including me lols
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-20 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Leveling with stats, reduced need for MF gear, and "look at me" portraits for those that like that thing. Seems pretty big rewards to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    We don't know. But based on D2, it won't happen.
    I'd wager a pretty decent sum that ilvl on gear will increase in the expansion. Levels maybe not, although they pretty much did just that with this paragon stuff.

lol. yet another pointless change\feature on the diablo realm.

They just completely butchered the only stat 'customization' you could have, by balancing MF on the gear, for a good kill ratio\mf... now, it's just another 'automatic' stat, without any form or choice and\or customization.

Absolutely pathetic... but hey, the masses seem happy. Yet another step taken to dumb down the game even more. Stat points automatic, skills irrelevant since you can change without any issue, no need to choose MF (oh, good luck for the guys who spent $$ on the best MF items, lol).

What the hell is going on with diablo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Yeah but it doesn't exactly affect anything really, In WoW of course most of your stuff becomes garbage lol.

In this sense your MF gear becomes ''worthless'' as you grind since the more you grind the better your MF gains on It's own

And if they do increase the level cap; Expect 20420402040 people to leave again including me lols
    It gives stats as well does it not? I would wager that lvl 100s will faceroll inferno even moreso with the nerfs coming... The problem is that without actual talent points or even putting points into stuff you want to stat wise, lvl 100 in this thing is still somewhat pale and shallow by comparison. Nice changes overall though.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 04:32 PM.