Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    btw. did they just take most of Kripp's suggestions?
    I'm just waiting for the "They stole ideas from the community! They are so uncreative!" crowd to appear . Instead of "They're listening to and considering community suggestions". (Not saying you implied either of them.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    So they didn't fix MF gear swapping but added system that will make MF worthless on items over time?

Bad, but then again I wasn't that excited about 1.0.4 in the first place.
    That's kind of a good point to be honest...

It doesn't really fix anything. It just replaces the gear swap problem with MF
    being a worthless stat.

But it's good to see that after releasing the game it only took Blizzard 4 months
    to actually start developing the content which should have been in on the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It gives stats as well does it not? I would wager that lvl 100s will faceroll inferno even moreso with the nerfs coming...
    Why that should be a problem. Diablo has ever been a game of grinding and facerolling.

Guess what, whenthey tried to change the formula putting the "hard endgame" people simply got bored of it in no time, because it is truly reduced to "get 200k of gear in AH then you can steamroll inferno with this build".
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-20 at 04:33 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that is an excellent idea. I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back in early development of Diablo 3, they mentioned they didn't want MF and GF to be important stats on gear. Paragon fixes this, although I imagine peopel will still have MF gear on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this Paragon level is per character and not account wide right?

Deleted
    Oh I really like it, progress on character after lvl 60 really nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I'm just waiting for the "They stole ideas from the community! They are so uncreative!" crowd to appear . Instead of "They're listening to and considering community suggestions". (Not saying you implied either of them.)
    lol true, but I'm quite happy they listened to player suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The catch is the elimination of MF gear on your main. All of the benefits, none of the drawbacks.
    Yes, I read that. Who cares? It won't make the rares you drop any better, you will still go out and find nothing but garbage. For those of us with MF gear, there is literally no change.

Stats increase sounds thrilling, but they already admitted "similar to regular levels." If they aren't kidding about the 1-99 diablo 2 time frame, we're looking at hundreds of hours of game play at level cap to get another 300 of your primary stat. Cool!

Like I said, I'm not actively trying to be a negative Nancy here, but this just looks like an EA fix to me. At least it isn't DLC.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-20 at 04:38 PM.

very nice change, i absolutely love this. Want the patch already, NOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Why that should be a problem. Diablo has ever been a game of grinding and facerolling.

Guess what, whenthey tried to change the formula putting the "hard endgame" people simply got bored of it in no time, because it is truly reduced to "get 200k of gear in AH then you can steamroll inferno with this build".
    I agree it's a great thing. In fact I'm somewhat looking forward to it. The problem is that it's still somewhat pale and shallow of a reward. That and their inability to admit lvl 60 was a bad decision.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-20 at 04:38 PM.

Yea it looks that they took kripp ideas, heard something similar from him months back when d3 was popular.

I'm glad I held onto the one piece of very valuable gear that has ever dropped for me! (39% MF amulet with high main str, high vit, and high resists) Anyone wanna buy it?!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's another thing to. How bot friendly is this system? 100% MF on a bot who can farm lvl 100 in no time flat. Inflation thy name is paragon?

I wonder if this paragon level system will be account-wide or just for a single character.

Hope it's account wide

This is awesome. It should really put the feeling of actually progresing back into the game.

So it's basically a way to add lvl 99 without saying were going to abandon lvl 60 and go back to how it was in d2? Well it's nice change I guess. I like capping mf at lvl 100 although at that point wouldn't one have all the gear one needed?
    You clearly have better luck than me, it takes really, really, really, really long for me to get the gear I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    I wonder if this paragon level system will be account-wide or just for a single character.

Hope it's account wide
    Same here, wondering too, but I guess it will be character wise

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Stats increase sounds thrilling, but they already admitted "similar to regular levels." If they aren't kidding about the 1-99 diablo 2 time frame, we're looking at hundreds of hours of game play at level cap to get another 300 of your primary stat. Cool!
    This was pretty much how it worked too in D2. The experience curve after level 70-something was artificially increased a ton to keep players in the game for longer. And you didn't really get a ton of benefits out of levelling at that point anyway. Getting a gear upgrade was a ton more important.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 06:59 PM ----------

I agree it's a great thing. In fact I'm somewhat looking forward to it. The problem is that it's still somewhat pale and shallow of a reward. That and their inability to admit lvl 60 was a bad decision.
    I don't have a problem with there being a level cap as such, we had one in D2 too anyway. The main problem is that it's so easy to reach. Which they're kinda undoing with this new system.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post

Hope it's account wide
    The way the article is worded it sounds like it's single-character. But who knows, they might very well make it account-wide somewhere down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This is awesome. It should really put the feeling of actually progresing back into the game.

You clearly have better luck than me, it takes really, really, really, really long for me to get the gear I want.
    About as long as reaching lvl 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This was pretty much how it worked too in D2. The experience curve after level 70-something was artificially increased a ton to keep players in the game for longer. And you didn't really get a ton of benefits out of levelling at that point anyway. Getting a gear upgrade was a ton more important.
    Of course you did. The stat points might not have meant much but the skill points certainly did. Most builds might have been strong at 70 but they were stronger at 90. Meteorb, for example, was not done with skill points until like 92. Javazons were virtually unable to cap, nearly any barbs were literally unable to cap. Once synergies got added every skill point mattered, much more than the 11 DPS you're going to get from a paragon level on your 120k DPS DH.