Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    every good player has 10 bad player fanboys following him on the server, i wouldn't recomend going to desolation, that server is destined to have huge w vs w queues as well as a huge amount of people that run against walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Goddamn it, why is JQ picking up steam. I liked it when it was 3rd on the list and Yak was catching the flak for being most populous.

I hope the zerglings won't flood JQ too much.
    Lol yeah, pissing me off... maybe I'll switch to Sorrow's Furnace. But I just had so many good times in JQ, I want to roll there

I remember reading somewhere that Sorrow's Furnace is the unofficial pvp server. If you look at http://www.asuralabs.com/serverPoll.php Sorrow's Furnace has the highest SPVP population.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-08-21 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help, everyone! I haven't decided where to roll yet, but you guys and gals have helped me decide where NOT to roll.

Typically in most games and my experience, the default PVP server is the last Alphabetical Server on the list. In this case - Yak's Bend. A great many guilds are going there for action.

This bothers me lately...It seems that lot of pvp guilds that play years organized pvp are going to specific servers. Namely Desolation...I would like to ask about WvWvW matches. Are there gonna be always the same servers you play against?Like Blizzard have battlegroups for example? In this case, pre-organized pvp servers are going to dominate and if happens your server to be against Desolation, it is unlikely you ever win...I remember in Vanilla/TBC was playing on Genjuros and if we win 1 match out of 100 we were happy..I don't want to experience this thing in GW2, nor I want to become a HArdcore PVPer in a Hardcore Guild on a specific server in order to win battles..

Also I would like to ask how rewarding is the system for the winner and the loser. For example in Alterac valley even if you were losing, you still get a lot of honor points but of course less than the winner. the difference wasn't so much..how is the rewards distribute on Winner/Loser in GW2(whatever currency it has or xp/karma/e.t.c.)?

I will go to Pinken Square for RP btw, but I am really interested to play WvW a lot. If it turns out to be a 95% lose then I will probably lose my interest.
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-21 at 04:51 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    This bothers me lately...It seems that lot of pvp guilds that play years organized pvp are going to specific servers. Namely Desolation...I would like to ask about WvWvW matches. Are there gonna be always the same servers you play against?Like Blizzard have battlegroups for example? In this case, pre-organized pvp servers are going to dominate and if happens your server to be against Desolation, it is unlikely you ever win...I remember in Vanilla/TBC was playing on Genjuros and if we win 1 match out of 100 we were happy..I don't want to experience this thing in GW2, nor I want to become a HArdcore PVPer in a Hardcore Guild on a specific server in order to win battles..

Also I would like to ask how rewarding is the system for the winner and the looser. For example in Alterac valley even if you were loosing, you still get a lot of honor points but of course less than the winner. the difference wasn't so much..how is the rewards distribute on Winner/Loser in GW2(whatever currency it has or xp/karma/e.t.c.)?

I will go to Pinken Square for RP btw, but I am really interested to play WvW a lot. If it turns out to be a 95% lose then I will probably lose my interest.
    No, every 2 weeks the matches will change based on the server rankings. In some cases, this may lead to the same servers facing off, in other cases it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    No, every 2 weeks the matches will change based on the server rankings. In some cases, this may lead to the same servers facing off, in other cases it won't.
    Thanks! that's really great, I didn't new about server rankings! As for the win/lose reward distribution? I know the reward is to have fun playing but other rewards are still shiny and welcome
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-21 at 05:48 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Is WvWvW going to go active immediately after servers are up, or does it have a built-in delay?

The smart PVP guilds will go to a low populated server. This way they will have no problems getting into WvWvW unlike those high populated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I think we are planning on going to JQ but we are also going to be prepared to move while it is still free.
    I'd much rather play right away and lose over waiting to win.
    Wait do we have to pick our servers in the beta? Or are you referring to the 25th?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Wait do we have to pick our servers in the beta? Or are you referring to the 25th?
    Server transfers are free until they enable guesting. Might be the first week only, don't know.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Server transfers are free until they enable guesting. Might be the first week only, don't know.
    Oh! I must have missed this some where. Nice to know. So if a character is created on a server in the pre-launch days they can transfer free for a while until guesting is enabled. Is there an official statement from ArenaNet about this? What if they are able to correct guesting before pre-launch, will there be some form of announcement this has been fixed or does the player just need to check the transfer option in the game to see if it is still free? I used this option during one of the BWE's and it was instant and quite painless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Is WvWvW going to go active immediately after servers are up, or does it have a built-in delay?
    WvW will be active immediately, however it will only be 24 hrs for each match until things stabilize. Then they will start the 2 week matches.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    The smart PVP guilds will go to a low populated server. This way they will have no problems getting into WvWvW unlike those high populated servers.
    That's the reason I've heard Blackgate, as I mentioned before, as the PvP destination. It's a medium population, so there will be no queues at all, but there is already a decent enough PvP population to make it so that WvWvW is well-covered across the map and at all hours of the day
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I picked JQ before it got so damn popular because I remember seeing somewhere that a bunch of ex-DAoC players were going there. Being an ex-DAoC player myself, I wanted to play with other people that had experience with RvR/WvW pvp. Now I am seriously re-thinking that server choice. The WvW queues are only part of my concern, my bigger concern is getting stuck in overflow constantly while doing pve stuff. Makes it hard to do stuff with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    I picked JQ before it got so damn popular because I remember seeing somewhere that a bunch of ex-DAoC players were going there. Being an ex-DAoC player myself, I wanted to play with other people that had experience with RvR/WvW pvp. Now I am seriously re-thinking that server choice. The WvW queues are only part of my concern, my bigger concern is getting stuck in overflow constantly while doing pve stuff. Makes it hard to do stuff with friends.
    You can move to the overflow shard intentionally if somebody in your party is there. Just gotta right-click on their portrait I think.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 11:00 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You can move to the overflow shard intentionally if somebody in your party is there. Just gotta right-click on their portrait I think.
    I had some issue during the stress test today, me and my friend were both in the overflow shard, and even if we right clicked on the portrait in the group tab and tried to "join", it wouldn't do anything. The only way we had to see each other was when we finally got out of the overflow.