Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stress Test August 21st: Official Statement

Yippee? One last hurrah.
    We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Tuesday, August 21 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover featu
    res that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--

Please note:
    * The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
    * Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.
    * The Stress Test will include Spanish text localization. ~RB2
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Are you sure this is the last one? Those rules are the same as the last one as well right?

NOOOOOO i'll be working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Are you sure this is the last one? Those rules are the same as the last one as well right?
    Well. It might not be the last one. I'm making an assumption. :O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Well. It might not be the last one. I'm making an assumption. :O
    prob gonna have the 1 hours tests all the way till launch imo

I'd think it'll be the last one - but one never knows. It's nice to be able to work from home - I'll just be leaving work an hour early ;P

Gotta love it when they choose to do a stress test on a day I'll be getting home from work early.

Full 4 hours is surprising. I would have thought that if there was one it would be like a 1 hour thing they had before. Oh well, more time. \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yessssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Gotta love it when they choose to do a stress test on a day I'll be getting home from work early.
    Gotta hate it when they choose to do a stress test on a day when I'll be going in to work late =P

Im kinda on the fence about this test. Been trying to prep an alt druid in WoW for monday's patch before Friday so I can play GW2 on the weekend while having everything ready for 5.0 which is on monday. This prepurchase bonus really helps this way.

Maybe for a little while to test out the engineer spells. Only class I have yet to try.

A bloo bloo bloo.Probably gonna miss a good chunk of it.I hate getting x rays.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank goodness! I got more time to playtest further Beastmaster builds

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

10+ Year Old Account
    I might make a Charr Necromancer one last time, just to see if I can click with the overall feel of it or not.

Then again, I haven't done any Human stuff since BWE2. That might be wiser.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    thank goodness! I got more time to playtest further Beastmaster builds
    Builds don't effect playstyle choices do they? I'm thinking of playing a weapon summoning guardian.

I can do this right?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-08-21 at 12:11 AM.

gnarly!!!!
    Last edited by plantation; 2012-08-21 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Builds don't effect playstyle choices do they? I'm thinking of playing a weapon summoning guardian.

I can do this right?
    Course ya can. I've got a build saved specifically for that. :3

I can do this right?
    Builds reinforce play styles.

and yes, you can.

You happen to have a build for rangers looking for a good sniper build with long bow?

This is awesome. do you have a link to it I can use as a guide?

As for the my weapon of choice it'll be a 2-handed sword.