Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I had a load of DCs too. sPvP was really fun, so many people were running with Condition builds and I was running with an anti-condition build Necro (heal off conditions, transfer all conditions to enemy, turn their boons into conditions, condition damage +) so I was having a pretty nice run on sPvP since these people who focused all their points into condition damage were just melting when it's turned around on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Great test run, butter smooth, zero issues. Best stress test for me yet. Really looking forward to release!

The mobs disappearing when leaping and/or being teleported back to the starting area was really annoying, apart that was good fun.

The charge skill for guardians was really annoying, I'd get knocked out by a boss, spam 4 to get back up, bam, hit charge skill by accident from spamming 4, die instantly.

I kept getting crash errors, bbc code 116 until I disabled my video cards overclock settings in msi afterburner. I have GTX 560 Ti's in SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I found these dudes in Lions Arch and thought they looked pretty cool so I took a pic...

ogres... took out one of their warlords in the char area. Very cool. Never seen them unmasked though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Was probably the roughest stress test yet, kind of worries me since its so close to launch.
    Lol, I think you missed the point of it being a stress test.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Well, if the last one was going well and this latest one has skill bugs out the wazoo and widespread log in issues, it's only natural not have a bright outlook on the release date after the buggy as hell one.
    The only notable improvements this time were fps increase and lag decrease, and they added dances. A lot of other things went wrong, especially when a good chunk of the community was screwed over due to someone tampering with log in things to add an ip/email based authenticator. Release might have some problems at this rate.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-22 at 04:19 AM.

Am I the only one who spent only 30-60mins on each stress test because I want to save as much pleasure as I can for the official launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well, if the last one was going well and this latest one has skill bugs out the wazoo and widespread log in issues, it's only natural not have a bright outlook on the release date after the buggy as hell one.
    The only notable improvements this time were fps increase and lag decrease, and they added dances. A lot of other things went wrong, especially when a good chunk of the community was screwed over due to someone tampering with log in things to add an ip/email based authenticator. Release might have some problems at this rate.
    Within 10 minutes everyone that was available in my entire guild today was logged in (we had ~75 of us) Time to panic?

They are well aware of the leap bug, I'm sure they'll get on it
    Valar morghulis

Within 10 minutes everyone that was available in my entire guild today was logged in (we had ~75 of us) Time to panic?

They are well aware of the leap bug, I'm sure they'll get on it
    There's quite a few online mediums(official forums, guru, facebook, /vg/, /v/, etc.) full of people saying they were unable to log in, lasting all the way through the event. Some that were in before were unable too log in after logging out, some even having a "fatal error" every time they hit character select or opening the map. The three most common errors being "unable to connect to log in server," "unable to authenticate account," and something like "unable to recognize account privileges." Arenanet hasn't really addressed the issue either. Not saying it's time to panic, but things like this happening right before release isn't something to be all giddy about.

There's quite a few online mediums(official forums, guru, facebook, /vg/, /v/, etc.) full of people saying they were unable to log in, lasting all the way through the event. Some that were in before were unable too log in after logging out, some even having a "fatal error" every time they hit character select or opening the map. The three most common errors being "unable to connect to log in server," "unable to authenticate account," and something like "unable to recognize account privileges." Arenanet hasn't really addressed the issue either. Not saying it's time to panic, but things like this happening right before release isn't something to be all giddy about.
    That might be why they kept extending the test.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Am I the only one who spent only 30-60mins on each stress test because I want to save as much pleasure as I can for the official launch?
    Played 6 hours still only explored 2% of the total world. There will be plenty of stuff to do. I've got most of the story in so I can speed through that and get to level 30 asap, really want to see how dungeons play out.

General PVE and WvW was very stable. It was kinda strange in the sPVP preparation area. While tweaking my traits I got constant disconnects (every 30 secs or minute) and my trait options wouldn't get "saved". When I entered the actual battlegrounds it was stable again. Did anybody experience something similar?
    Last edited by kelevandros; 2012-08-22 at 05:12 AM.

I'm not saying stress tests should be perfect, and the glitch was fixed by the end of it, but I just noticed more bugs than the other tests is all.

I remember seeing them updating their Twitter saying they were aware some were unable to log in, and that they were looking into it.

I'm not saying stress tests should be perfect, and the glitch was fixed by the end of it, but I just noticed more bugs than the other tests is all.
    Agreed.. it's a little concerning to see new bugs in launch week. I've no doubt they'll be squashed, but I always expected the final week to be a 'release candidate' build with no bugs or very few bugs and the stress test was purely to put pressure on the servers to simulate launch night.. not to find new bugs. But i'm sure they'll get it sorted. I just hope the 3 day headstart isn't 3 days of testing. I'm probably being harsh saying that. I do love the game and the devs. It can't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    hell no, I was rushing around like a mad man. Although I did stay away from norn, the norn starting area and the warrior class since I didn't want to spoil that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I would be concerned if I thought these guys were the kind of people that would launch a buggy game then just walk away from it for months, saying, "The next content patch will fix it" or heaven forbid, "The next expac will fix it". The fact that they worked with players to identify and repair a glitch during a stress test and implemented a patch to fix it on the fly mind you, without taking the servers down speaks volumes for their dedication to making the game the best possible experience for all of us.

Thinking a game will launch completely bug-free is extremely naive. The question is whether you believe the developers will leave it that way. There has been nothing in their actions to date to indicate that's the case, but if you really think that, maybe you should just ask for a refund now.

Otherwise you are just being alarmist.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-22 at 08:19 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    You know, I would be concerned if I thought these guys were the kind of people that would launch a buggy game then just walk away from it for months, saying, "The next content patch will fix it" or heaven forbid, "The next expac will fix it". The fact that they worked with players to identify and repair a glitch during a stress test and implemented a patch to fix it on the fly mind you, without taking the servers down speaks volumes for their dedication to making the game the best possible experience for all of us.

Thinking a game will launch completely bug-free is extremely naive. The question is whether you believe the developers will leave it that way. There has been nothing in their actions to date to indicate that's the case, but if you really think that, maybe you should just ask for a refund now.

Otherwise you are just being alarmist.
    Its all in their strategies to go all out in the beginning to build a massive amount of good will.
    The players will have a bigger marginal for disappointment in the future because of this.