Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    What you're not considering is the time it takes to gain a single level, low vs. high. At low levels, that 50% buff will gain you what.. ten, twenty minutes? At high levels, that 50% could gain you hours. We understand that the numbers are the same.. it's the time that needs to be considered, and "50% faster" means very different things at lv15 versus lv87.
    50% is 50%... 1 hour is 1 hour. It does nt matter when it is used the bonus is still the same and the duration is still the same.

A percentage increase is not greater or lesser at any given point. The numerical value of the increase might differ but the increase is still the same percentage, it doesn't matter if you are getting 50% more of 100 or 50% more of 10,000 50% is always 50%.

Deleted
    All in all the only way you'll get increased use out of your 50% exp increase is in areas where you have a lot of quests without having to fight over mobs with anyone (so no downtime) other than that theres no real 'best' time to use it other than preference

You can work it out on a exp basis but obviously the later you use it the more exp you get from quests

Yes. On paper.
    math is math. it doesn't magically change. if you are constantly questing then it does not matter when you take the buff. it will never be of greater benefit at one time over other unless you create downtime. Now you MIGHT want to save it for outlands or northrend to make that go faster, but it will not give you any advantage in leveling seed as opposed to any other time PROVIDED you are non stop questing.

1 hour is always 1 hour, and a 50% increase is always a 50% increase.

The only way you might get a boost is if you use it first thing after you sleep and use it while you have rested and pandas have rested "that lasts twice as long" then t would be a larger increase of using it without rested but that is a different story.

Yes. On paper.
    You're not realizing that spending 1 hour instead of 1.5 hours to get 10 levels in the low levels is the exact same as spending 1 hour instead of 1.5 hours to get 1 level when you're high level. If the buff was capped by amount of level gained (i.e. like rested xp capping at 1.5 more levels than current) then it would.

Thats why it dosnt matter what level you are when you use the buffs, only thing that matters is using it when you can maximize the % of current level per hr gained. i.e. when you know you can bust out hardcore killing/questing for the next hour with minimal travel between regions or zones.

At low levels you'll change zones 2-3 times in that hour, making some of that 1 hour useless. Yes it is only a small amount. Yes if you are non stop questing the entire hour the time gain will be the same regardless of what level you are at. But Low level compared to high level that isn't the case. You wont be non stop questing for 1 hour in a single zone pre 60 you will in higher levels. And if you are questing in a single zone for more then an hour pre 60 you aren't leveling as fast as you could be anyways so sure use the buff when some of it will be wasted and it will speed you up...
    Minimal travel is still travel where you aren't killing no matter how minimal.
    Last edited by MudKippz; 2012-09-10 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MudKippz View Post
    At low levels you'll change zones 2-3 times in that hour, making some of that 1 hour useless. Yes it is only a small amount. Yes if you are non stop questing the entire hour the time gain will be the same regardless of what level you are at. But Low level compared to high level that isn't the case. You wont be non stop questing for 1 hour in a single zone pre 60 you will in higher levels. And if you are questing in a single zone for more then an hour pre 60 you aren't leveling as fast as you could be anyways so sure use the buff when some of it will be wasted and it will speed you up...
    Minimal travel is still travel where you aren't killing no matter how minimal.
    This is a reasonable point, and something everyone has noted anyway. Clearly you need to use the buff when you are in a position to maximize the amount of questing/leveling you're doing for the entirety of the hour that you have the buff.

However, this is not a logical argument in any way--

What you're not considering is the time it takes to gain a single level, low vs. high. At low levels, that 50% buff will gain you what.. ten, twenty minutes? At high levels, that 50% could gain you hours. We understand that the numbers are the same.. it's the time that needs to be considered, and "50% faster" means very different things at lv15 versus lv87.
    Because what level you are is irrelevant. All that matters is that you're using the buff.

What level you are is irrelevant IF you have the same amount of travel time at high and low levels. But yes all that really matters is that your using the buff. The travel time at higher levels might even be greater.. the new zones aren't really that small and you do alot of running around, mounted yes but the zones are bigger so that doesn't really matter to much. I'm sure there are best times to use it but honestly best case it will shave a tiny bit more time off. I'm pretty sure people going for realm firsts who are on high pop realms and very very serious about it may have compared down time in areas since it would be pretty easy to do so ( just go through as fast as you can and clock all the time your traveling) but those same people also wouldn't want to share said info with potential competition.

Deleted
    The best way to use it example:

lvl x takes u 2 hours without buff. in the first hour you do 66% of the lvl, flow questing no downtime. In the second hour you only can do the last 33% of the lvl (stupid quests, long farming shit etc.) You know one lvl higher you can enter new areas where you can quest fast.

If you take the buff in the first hour 66,666 % * 1,5 = 100% , you skipped the second hour and enter the new area.

50% = 50% ? ok guys =) it does not matter when to use ? i think there are ~ 5 keypoints in Pandaria where you should have the buff.
    Last edited by mmoc7831eb6dc4; 2012-09-10 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Hey guys

1 quick question. Does anyone know when the panda dailies reset?
    Iam planning to rush lvl 20 when MoP launches at midnight and then grab the 1.st quest and do the 1.st daily quest so I have the 2 hour buff.
    But that depends on when the dailies reset. Lets say they reset at 04.00 in the night, I hit lvl 20 around 1-2 o clock. Then I would have the 50% buff 2 hours and then be able to get the daily again at 04.00.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by WittyWittrock View Post
    That's what I'm saying though. WHY would you want to have this for higher content? What's the point in saving it?
    because i hate levelling through outland and northrend, so the quicker i can progress through those levels, the better.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    Hey guys

1 quick question. Does anyone know when the panda dailies reset?
    Iam planning to rush lvl 20 when MoP launches at midnight and then grab the 1.st quest and do the 1.st daily quest so I have the 2 hour buff.
    But that depends on when the dailies reset. Lets say they reset at 04.00 in the night, I hit lvl 20 around 1-2 o clock. Then I would have the 50% buff 2 hours and then be able to get the daily again at 04.00.

Anyone?
    normally, dailies reset at 3am server time
    <insert witty signature here>

The way i see it, there wont be a "perfect" time to use these in general... Everryone will have their own preferences.

Some people will use them when they get them, to try get a bit ahead of everyone else, which is fair enough.

Some people will use them to get through bit that they dont like (Outland/Northrend for me).

And some people will wait until the later levels 80+ to start using them, the way i see it, everyone will have different preferences..

I could imagine that if one person levelled two monks the exact same route, spec etc. with the only difference being the times they used to bonus exp quests then there wouldnt be much difference in the time taken to do the levelling.

Theres only one advantage of doing them later on.. the fact that you can queue them up.

Deleted
    "normally, dailies reset at 3am server time"

So that means I have 3 hours (MoP launches around 00.00 in Europe), to obtain the first daily quest, and get 2 hours of the buff. Then I should be able to take the daily again when the buff run out? (After 3am).

Correct me if Iam wrong

Deleted
    This is correct. Tho it might be 4am, not 3.

wel ldo the daily asap when you can and then next time when you need to refresh the buff

Deleted
    Awesome. Ill go for that, and then keep the rest of the quest for the places I hate the most, combined with the places where I have the highest leveling speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone mind enlightening me on this +50% leveling bonus, I've only just got back into WoW and never heard of it before.

Deleted
    Cludo..

The monks can get a quest every 10.th lvl from lvl 20. So in lvl 20, 30, 40, 50 ... etc. The quest will give them a buff that gives + 50% xp in 1 hour.
    Thats the short version. Go google enlightement buff if you wanna know more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Anyone mind enlightening me on this +50% leveling bonus, I've only just got back into WoW and never heard of it before.
    There's already multiple threads about this, use the search function.

Deleted
    I remember reading this somewhere on the forums and can't think where..

But anyone else getting the 50% buff not drop off? I finally bothered to level from 89-90 and got through two quest buffs... both times they all just stay at 0s and doesn't drop off.

Its also not a UI bug because i canceled it and my exp gained dropped