Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Currency Conversion, Loot Update, Cinematic, Arena Tournament, Blue Posts, TCG Art

Patch 1.0.4 Interview with Jay Wilson and Andrew Chambers and Official 1.0.4 Patch Notes and Patch 1.0.4 Confirmed for Tomorrow

Currency Conversion Before and After Mists of Pandaria
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The currency conversion coming with Mists of Pandaria is going to happen in three stages, and this is how we plan for it to progress:

With Patch 5.0.4 on August 28
    • Valor points will be converted to Justice points, and Conquest points will be converted to Honor points.
      • Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) will have an enforced hard-cap at this time.

• The current Arena season will end.
    • Players will no longer be able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses will drop Justice, Arenas will be closed).
    • Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest will be available for Justice/Honor.

With Mists of Pandaria on September 25
    • Valor can be earned again.
      • Characters can earn up to 1000 Valor per week, and carry a maximum of 3000 Valor.
      • Daily quests, random Scenarios, random Heroic dungeons, and all levels of raiding will reward Valor.
      • Valor will be used to purchase ilvl 489 gear in Mists of Pandaria.

• Conquest will become earnable.
      • There is a cap of 4000 Conquest points.
      • Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds reward Conquest.
      • It will be used to purchase ilvl 483 gear from Pandaren battlemasters on the Great Wall.

With Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.1
    • We currently plan to upgrade the Valor system as Ghostcrawler described in Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained in the 5.1 patch, allowing you to upgrade your gear using Valor points. We’ll have additional information once Mists of Pandaria launches and we get closer to the 5.1 patch release.

Do you have questions or comments about currencies in World of Warcraft? Please let us know in this discussion thread.

World Boss Loot Tables Updated
    One of the recent beta patches added loot for the world bosses. Check out the pages below to see the full tables, which include some Tier 14 and PvP gear! A few of the more interesting items are below.

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    1Junk Cache of Sha-Touched Gold
    1Junk Marauder's Gleaming Sack of Gold
    90Mount Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent

Sha Boss Models Updated
    All of the Sha Boss models were updated in a recent beta build.

Wandering Isle Departure In Game Cinematic
    This is shown to the new Pandaren after selecting their faction and heading for Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

WoW 2012 North American World Championship
    Curse is proud to announce that we will be hosting the 2012 World Championship World of Warcraft Arena North America Invitational at our offices in San Francisco this year. Eight of the top North American arena teams have been invited for a 3 day face off from August 24th to 26th. Teams will compete in a round robin tournament for a share of the $30,000 prize money.

All matches will streamed live on the CurseTV network with casters vhell and Conradical. Be sure to check out ArenaJunkies for event updates and team rosters.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid DPS Test Dummies
    We're aware of the issue with pets getting debuffed by the dummies and have a fix coming for that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR Feedback
    never understood what's so bad about wanting to be a special snowflake, btw. If some people get sense of joy from that, why not let them.
    There's nothing bad about it. The issue comes when demands are made to artificially create an environment that lets someone be identified as a "snowflake". If someone wants to be a snowflake, you'll have to go the extra mile, prove your worth, do what others don't... but not sit in a corner asking to please prevent others from getting what you did long ago.

The issue with these kind of discussions is that at some point, they end up being driven by hyperbole and harassment.

If all your arguments (in either direction) revolve around discrediting others through personal attacks rather than their arguments, then it's probably time to lock the thread.

However, my main concern with both LFR and LFD is the removal of the player from the world environment. Whilst I do believe LFD is a great tool for servers with a low population (I used to be on Dragonmaw which has a very low population and finding a group for just a 5 man could have taken hours), finding groups for dungeons and raids and then travelling to the instance felt like an important part of the game and kept the virtual idea of a world. The removal of this feature, and the lack of motivation and incentive to form groups with people on your own server has damaged realm society in my opinion.
    Mists of Pandaria comes with plenty of level 90 content. All the daily quests available throughout Pandaria (remember, there's no daily cap in Mists), Pet battles, Challenge Dungeons (which can't be accessed through the Dungeon Finder and require groups to be manually formed), and the two new world bosses in Valley of the Four Winds and Kun-Lai Summit will hopefully provide plenty of reason to go outside the faction cities.

We'll wait and see I guess, since whatever concern we try to explain gets countered with the sheer overwhelming blinding light at the end of the tunnel called MoP. Overly sarcastic? Yes, perhaps, simply because currently you're bringing arguments to the table we cannot refute due to the content not being out.
    I know the only thing you can do on this regard is "wait and see". I'm not saying "MoP will fix it and there'll be rainbows and unicorns", but I do believe that if you take into account all the features and new raiding content coming up at level 90, things will look very different to most players compared to these days. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Diablo III Patch 1.0.4
    Patch 1.0.4 is coming tomorrow and it brings a lot of changes!

Trading Card Game Art Update
    The Trading Card Game art gallery has been updated to feature ten new pieces.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-21 at 05:28 AM.

I kinda wish we could toy around with Ghostcrawler's 5.1 Valor system in the Beta, just to see how it'll play out.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-08-21 at 01:28 AM.

Gonna work pretty much like I thought.

Looking forward to see how this actually works

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems legit

Yes.

Now I can get 17k JP and buy all the Heirlooms I need.

Pretty excited to grind out my cataclysmic gladiator stuff via honor. Sure it will be useless soon, but maybe I'll keep it for xmog.

Unrelated: I saw a bit of something about making tabards function more like companion pets, with a pop out menu and such...making them learnable. Has there been anything else mentioned about this? And if so...will they be account wide, too?

So no need to save VP for item upgrades in this tier (in MoP).
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2012-08-21 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropz View Post
    Pretty excited to grind out my cataclysmic gladiator stuff via honor. Sure it will be useless soon, but maybe I'll keep it for xmog.

Unrelated: I saw a bit of something about making tabards function more like companion pets, with a pop out menu and such...making them learnable. Has there been anything else mentioned about this? And if so...will they be account wide, too?
    just throw tabards away and use the tabard vendor in sw/og if you actually want em, ffs
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Same story as earlier expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news indeed. However, the difference in item lvl between the reputation factions and the pvp items is not that small..I just hope the new pvp power stats will prevent some people using pve items inside arena and pvp or it will be same as the crappy current pvp.

Just glad I can pick up the heirloom agility staff for my Monk without having to grind to 90 and farm for the JP.

Kinda disappointed in a sense though. I farmed a lot of VP/JP before my credit ran out so I could get a nice chunk of gold out of it.

Oh well.

All in all, I do think this is a good change.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to see they're looking forward to patch 5.1... hopefully that means it'll be released in a timely manner as well.

some more sneaky marketing here from blizz to counter gw2, why play gw2 when you can farm a soon to be useless gearset or do the new imaginary 100 lvls on d3

people will do it too, well played blizz

did i miss something or did they not mention an honor reset? <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    just throw tabards away and use the tabard vendor in sw/og if you actually want em, ffs
    no need to be rude, the tabard vendor doesn't stock every tabard anyway. There are 20+ that are achi or holiday related.

So whats justice used for in mists?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Seriously, no need to be rude. I'm asking if they'll be account wide. I have a Tabard of the Void on my warlock and I wouldnt mind using it on my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tey View Post
    some more sneaky marketing here from blizz to counter gw2, why play gw2 when you can farm a soon to be useless gearset or do the new imaginary 100 lvls on d3

people will do it too, well played blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Dropz View Post
    Seriously, no need to be rude. I'm asking if they'll be account wide. I have a Tabard of the Void on my warlock and I wouldnt mind using it on my alts.
    They will not be account-wide, as they are neither a mount nor an achievement.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-08-21 at 02:16 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Does this mean that when MoP launches I can go into it with 10k JP?