Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock MOP Arena

Im just curious how warlock is in arena\bgs atm? I heard they were extremely OP in the very begining but how is affliction right now?

Thanks for all reply

Sry for bad English and grammar

Deleted
    Warlocks, hunters and druids are very strong due to the big increase in surival.

Deleted
    What about the dmg of lock and hunters? Ive heard the insta fears are extremely op..?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    Warlocks, hunters and druids are very strong due to the big increase in surival.

What is this big increase in survival warlocks get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    What is this big increase in survival warlocks get?
    UR, T3 talents, new Fel Armor, escape abilities (Gateway, T4 talents), self heal (t1, new coil, new Healthstone), Apotheosis (as demo)...

And no, Blood Fear is not op, it costs 10% of max HP, has 10s CD and replaces normal fear. Also, it's a talent and excludes two other good choices.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just liST what they have as defenses in MOP. I still do not see the "increase" in survival. If anything warlocks get a decrease in survival.

Deleted
    Hmm okey, im going back and forward what to play of hunter and lock, I like to play both classes, but not sure how funny and good BM will be in arena, I only care about 3v3..

Quote Originally Posted by poozie View Post
    What about the dmg of lock and hunters? Ive heard the insta fears are extremely op..?
    They nerfed the insta-fear by a metric ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just liST what they have as defenses in MOP. I still do not see the "increase" in survival. If anything warlocks get a decrease in survival.
    So baseline more armor, self heal, a Shieldwall and so on won't help you to survive longer? Hmk..

We're getting more defenses than we have now. Ergo, increased survivability. Assuming you can use those skills properly of course. Rotating them is key. Unlike now where we have a 10k shadow absorb and another 10k absorb if we're stupid enough to use our blueberry.

Deleted
    Hows warlocks dmg? Burst etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Unlike now where we have a 10k shadow absorb
    It's about 60k in PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by poozie View Post
    Hows warlocks dmg? Burst etc?
    Still getting tweaked. Generally Affliction looks not too bad in PvP. Instant application of all 3 Dots in conjunction with the new dispell mechanics is nice.
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-08-21 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    I havent played the beta yet, so dont know how much 60kdps is, but like in arena, is it more easy to nuke down a target as healer-lock then in live atm?

More defensive and self healing abilities than ever? What's so hard to understand?

Deleted
    I just wonder whats gonna be the most fun/best of playing hunter in kfc or lock in LSD 2

Every class got insane defensive abilities and self healing, so what warlocks got is irrelevant... Right now damage on beta is out of the sky, for some classes, you basically die in a global, in an actual global, not like when you get killed by triple dps in 3 or 4 globals and you say "i just got globaled", all defensive warlocks got will not help you die slower... About warlocks and arena... I'm sure Destro will be more popular in MoP than Cata 'cuz of the changes they made, you're not dependant on immolate anymore for conflagrates or incinerates increased dmg... About affliction, IMO, it will still be a good 3s spec, but will be even worse than it is now on 2s, duels, etc, etc... The dmg is balanced around Haunt and Malefic Grasp... and since Haunt costs soul shards you basically will not spam it like you do on live, on cd... MG is a wasted spell in PvP, since it's channeled and you will like never use it, since whatever is Blizzard trying to do with the spec, warlocks are still going to be a multi dot class in 3s, therfore you will just dot stuff, rotate fears, etc, you will not use MG, you simply can't... Overall, I say Warlocks will be a decent class in MoP, but nowhere near where it stands currently on live, being among the most powerful classes along with mages, rogues, shamans and priests... IMO!

Deleted
    Hmm okey,I onlylike playing affli lock.. But I guess il go hunter then, they seems decent in mop. Thanks a lot for your respound!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    More defensive and self healing abilities than ever? What's so hard to understand?
    well!! its a good thing no other classes have changes in this expansion where every class has massive changes..

now you look smart! i clap for you and your brilliance..get on with your sassy self!

anyways locks aren't OP.. warriors and BM huunters are Op on beta atm and that is a very high bar.

mages even still out do locks imo.

defo looking better for destro though

Deleted
    Locks lost soul link, hence an actual decrease in survival and the addition of new defensive cds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Than ever? Self healing on live is way better than @ MoP. We lose soul link, control and 30% more healing from demon armor. We gain a 40% damage reduction and a shit self healing ability at tier 1. Then you chose either a shield that sacrifices 50% of your current pet health(which will be getting dotted and cleaved, hence the shield will be shit) or dark bargain. Did anyone bother trying all these in actual pvp? Good luck surviving a TSG or any other melee cleave past the first minute.