Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The Guild Wars 2 Release Preperation

So, we're getting closer to the release and obviously the headstart.

How are you preparing yourself for this date? Are you updating your PC? Are you organizing a huge LAN party? Are you stacking mountains of drinks and food for the days you're going to be stuck to your PC? Share us your story!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished installing all new PC fans

Things I have left to do:

Install GPU cooler
    Drill hole through desk for monitor mount (due to drill being in storage will be done manually with a screwdriver )
    Mount monitors
    Buy an ottoman

Not gonna lie, just bought a new TV (to use as my monitor) just to get that 1080p goodness over 1440x900, bought a cooling pad for my laptop, and a brand new cushion.

Luckily, in Japan their energy shots are amazing. During the stress tests at 3:00 AM my time, those things kept me jittery till 6 at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    IV red bull and computer now in front of the toilet and a blender for easier food consumption ready.

Deleted
    Nothing at all. The weekend will be a perfectly normal weekend for me, I just know which game I'll be playing most of.

Not a lot really, just updated my GPU and PSU in my PC, that's about it.

Deleted
    got my rig ready for months back. only thing i will ''prepare'' is to have coca cola home. ill eat normal times, lives home, free food!

Im preparing myself for a bunch of disappointed fans. Just Like with, Warhammer Online, Connan, Aion, SWTOR, Darkfall (I think it was called), LOTR online, and soon Elder Scrolls Online - Just like it was with all of the other "WoW killers". See you guys in a month or two.

Infracted for baiting/trolling. -- Blood
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-08-21 at 02:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youknowme View Post
    Im preparing myself for a bunch of disappointed fans. Just Like with, Warhammer Online, Connan, Aion, SWTOR, Darkfall (I think it was called), LOTR online, and soon Elder Scrolls Online - Just like it was with all of the other "WoW killers". See you guys in a month or two.
    Hmm, we are here, at the forums, cos GW2 is not yet out, WoW is, why are you here, if it's so engaging, how do you find the time to troll around, one would think you'd have something interesting to do in-game?

Deleted
    So for you every new MMO that cames out is a fail comparing to WoW?

Even Elder Scrolls Online, that no one know "nothing" about...
    Last edited by mmoc79be53456b; 2012-08-21 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

WoW threads are that way ----->

Deleted
    Those trolls will never go away, he cant face that another Mmo is out there
    its gonna be ok no need to cry you can still play WoW

OT
    Havent prepared much, only installed FPS Boooster :P

I literally just finished updating my computer with a new motherboard, cpu and 4 gigs or ram. I said I wouldn't damnit! But I caved.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your on the GW2 forums because?

Deleted
    ill probably format my PC for a smooth begin with GW2 and clean my keyboard and Mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    skinamarinky dinky dink

Posting to call someone a troll is no better. Consider this a warning. -- Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-21 at 02:27 PM.

Not specifically related to GW2, but I replaced my old computer mouse (I broke it!) with a brand-new Logitech G700.
    Thought about getting the G600 with its button overload but figured the 7 buttons + tiltwheel on the G700 had all the buttons that I'll need.

Already got mountain o' cola zero, and my nvidia panel tells me I should run GW2 perfectly, except of a minor "Some objects render at a wrong depth". So other than killing my sleep schedule, and doing as much homework as I can so I have a lot of time to play, not much.

I have deleted my "old" GW2 install and re-installed it fresh, and I let it update once a day so I have the latest files.

I have spent the morning watching GW2 lore videos as I never played GW1. Oh, and I will be going to the store today to buy a new keyboard. One of my kids did god-knows-what to my current one and one of the keys no longer works.

Deleted
    I've weaned myself off of caffeine, which is nice - I always forget how much more clarity of thought I have.

The rest of week will be spent living very cleanly...lots of water, exercise, martial arts, nutritious food, sleep etc.

Friday night I'll buy a ton of fruits/veggies/water/fish. I won't go to bed early...but I'll make sure not to over-stimulate myself and go to bed when my body says.

Then we're a go, go, go :-)