Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'll be at my mums, catsitting. Just me for the entire weekend through to monday.

Just need to make sure to remember to feed the cat.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i am ready! This is my setup
    I have a pic of me playing GW2 but cant find it atm.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZgsAjl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Voorhees83 View Post
    Well i am ready! This is my setup
    I have a pic of me playing GW2 but cant find it atm.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZgsAjl.jpg
    Silly multi-monitor people!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna make sure everything is installed, and then try to study as hard as I can so I can play faster.

I hate having exams...
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Well I took the entire week off from work. I had 200 hours of vacation so I had to burn some anyway before the end of the year. With Labor day Sept 3rd thats 10 days off in a row woo.
    Getting a lot of water and quick to eat meals - nothing fatty to slow me down.
    I got the Razer Naga 17 button mouse because I like to over do things.
    It doesn't start until 2am for me (unless they go 3 hours early) so I will most likely take a good nap so I can be up for a bit. Grab my names and fool around and head on back to bed.
    Looking forward to taking my time for this release. I don't want to rush this one to max level. Actually planning on not skipping any cinematic or stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Silly multi-monitor people!
    Man I could never personally play on an multi-monitor setup. Unless the monitor had like .1 in of plastic around it.

Those black lines would just be immersion breaking.
    Last edited by Dodrin; 2012-08-21 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Youknowme View Post
    Im preparing myself for a bunch of disappointed fans. Just Like with, Warhammer Online, Connan, Aion, SWTOR, Darkfall (I think it was called), LOTR online, and soon Elder Scrolls Online - Just like it was with all of the other "WoW killers". See you guys in a month or two.
    Most of those games have happy and satisfied gamers\fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Man I could never personally play on an multi-monitor setup. Unless the monitor had like .1 in of plastic around it.

Those black lines would just be immersion breaking.
    It's not even really that, I just find it to be unnecessary stuff. Like so much other stuff you get tag on to your computer, like two graphic cards. Madness I say!

My computer is ready, i just need to install the game and that's it. I'll also be streaming on my twitch channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    IRL fuel (pack of Redbulls/snacks/chocolates), doing some guild management as well (forums/FB group/recruitment/voice comm.) and that's about it really. Trying to keep away from countdown timers as much as possible. You'd be amazed how fast time flies when you don't pay it any attention

I still need to do some shopping, for tasty snacks that is. ツ

Deleted
    Why would ppl prepare them self for a game release:S

10+ Year Old Account
    Computer set up, extra monitor added, lots of vegetables and water, alarms set every few hourd to remind me to do some situps/pushups, and maybe I'll throw a walk to Itaewon for a Kebab in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    Because not everybody has unlimited time, and no need to care about anything, and as so doesn't have to prepare. :S

Deleted
    All these "preparations" before a launch of a game sound so immature in my opinion. I can't imagine myself sitting all day in front of my pc playing a new game like that and having food next to me eating like a glutton and making a mess on my keyboard. It's totally disgusting even thinking about it or the redbulls, I feel sorry for anyone drinking that. You should get some sleep the night or w/e it launces and play when you wake up after a nice sleep. Playing half-asleep is really bad for your health. I won't convince any of you about all this but I just wanted to state my opinion. As for me, I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP like the rest of my friends. Of course that doesn't mean GW 2 is a bad game, from what I've seen it's amazing but I have fun where my friends are, not where the content is the best. Just play the game when you have free time, the more you play it the more likely you may get burned out on it. Have fun all and take care of your health. Health > gaming.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2012-08-21 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Pfft plastic. Mine are .3 inches of steel

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP
    I'll never understand the logic of a one time payment of 50 euros being too expensive, but 30 euros upfront plus 13 euros each month being affordable.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-21 at 01:24 PM.

I need to add the last stick of RAM I got months ago but have been too lazy to add... 12-16 gigs isn't that noticable of a difference from those I've spoken to about it.

Also have some perscriptions that a friend bartered with me for some green so I'm ready for the weekend.

However, two weeks ago I agreed absent minded that I could work an extra 4 hours Saturday so basically I'll get up around 5-6 am (when my body tells me) and then I'll play gw2 till 9am and work till 4 and then back to gw2. (unless I manage to get this proxy server thing set up by Friday but I doubt it... not a computer genius)

Deleted
    Just bout a new mouse and keyboard. Going to update all drivers and do windows updates etc tonight. going to my favourite smoking shop saturday morning to get bulldog silver slim papers and grab a nice big bag. Will get loads of Dr Pepper and just waste away through my 48 hour binge until i have work.
    Last edited by mmoce547ed566e; 2012-08-21 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    Because it will make the gaming more comfortable when you have some beast snacks and everything planned out.
    Bit daft to not be prepared if you are having a long session for release.

I'm not getting pre release however I have warned the missus if she nags me then she will receive a lashing Kids are going to their grandparents for their grandads birthday so I'm all sorted. Just gotta grab some drinks and shit. Updated all my drivers and cleaned my pc out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pfft plastic. Mine are .3 inches of steel

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 11:24 PM ----------

I'll never understand the logic of a one time payment of 50 euros being too expensive, but 30 euros upfront plus 13 euros each month being affordable.
    Maybe because I have close to 60 euros so I can only buy one of the two? Hope you understand it now :P
    I would make it clear from the start but I thought everyone would understand since I said I'm a university student that focus on her studies (therefore I have no job=no income).
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2012-08-21 at 01:31 PM.