Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Affliction making all the spriest jelly?

I switched main to spriest at the end of Cata, now I'm high-tailing it back to my original main, my lock.

It makes me so sad to see shadow crapped on, but at the same time really happy that i can go back to my lock now and still be familiar. Seems that they didnt change to much for affliction, just some small changes and quality of life changes.

anyone enough rambling. Anyone else super excited to play with there lock when 5.0 hits?
    Last edited by Amiright; 2012-08-21 at 01:07 PM.

I got a buddy that is stoked about dusting off his lock. Who knows I may bring mine out of retirement as well, kinda miss the ugly puppy following me around
    Last edited by Mjumnito; 2012-08-21 at 02:09 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be rude, but if you quit your Warlock, you don't deserve to play the class.

Just a PoV from someone who has never quit their Warlock "when things got hard"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Not to be rude, but if you quit your Warlock, you don't deserve to play the class.

Your point of view is weird (euphemism)...

ot: still going to play shadow, lock isnt really my thing :P
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2012-08-21 at 03:21 PM.

Demonology Warlock Main since 'nilla checking in. I do everything on my Warlock... it's my favorite and I'm loving what I see coming with Mist. It's time to hear that old time classic... Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah I have never had a need to play any other class as my main. Warlocks are where its at.

Welcome back I guess.

Do good, don't suck.

Weren't shadow priests always jelly of our sexy, good looks?

warlocks have been known to have harder/more rotation/priority and require more awareness to keep up maximum dps than other classes aka try harder than most classes to compete with top 5(hence the low pop of warlocks), so these main switchers are gonna be in for a rude awakening when they cant do the dps that shows on sims. of course this doesnt mean all the new warlock players will be like this, but i can venture a guess and say that alot will fall into that category and go back to w/e class they played before.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Well, if I am to compare Affliction Warlocks to Shadow Priest in terms of rotational mechanics and entertainment during PvE, I'd say Blizzard did better job with Shadow Priests. Affliction feels kind of dull now with the removal of Nightfall procs and Eradication. At least Malefic Grasp has an interesting mechanic.

This, of course, is an opinion.

15+ Year Old Account

I've quit my warlock in TBC, when all you had to do was spam shadowbolt, anything besides that was basically dps loss, I suppose this is also the "things got hard situation".

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Weren't shadow priests always jelly of our sexy, good looks?
    actually everyone has always been jelly of our looks. druids with their tree outfits, pallies who always end up looking like power rangers, hunters who look like they killed some weak mob, removed his insides and wore the mob as armor, et cetera.

warlock armor FTW
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main has been my warlock since vanilla. I'm glad they have been redone and look to be super fun now. I've always loved playing my warlock and am excited for the changes coming.

Maybe the OP fancied a change.
    Maybe the OP wanted to min/max DPS and provide more throughput for his/her raid group
    Maybe the OP was asked to reroll for utility purposes.

Which makes your answer ridiculous.

It's a game bro... what's wrong with playing whatever you want, whenever you want? You don't need to "deserve" to play a certain class/spec.

I think the better question is which Shadow Priest is better in 5.0? Shadow Priest or Affliction Warlock? Answer: Affliction Shadow Warlock Priest

Once a warlock, always a warlock
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    I've quit my warlock in TBC, when all you had to do was spam shadowbolt, anything besides that was basically dps loss, I suppose this is also the "things got hard situation".
    Oh yeah? "spam shadowbolt?"

The way I remember it was much different.

Spamming shadowbolt was a Vanilla thing, not TBC, so if your going to try to do a little "rebel" post, do it with correct information. In any case if you were spamming SB in TBC, you were doing it wrong.

"DPS Loss" pretty sure dps didn't become an Elitest thing until the End of TBC beginning of Wotlk.

Remember all you had to be was "good", not "LF highest dps warlock to come to this specific raid."

As long as you were -good- at your class, no one cared about your "gear score".

But yeah, i guess you really do know what your talking about!

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    It's a game bro... what's wrong with playing whatever you want, whenever you want? You don't need to "deserve" to play a certain class/spec.
    Oh hello, you must be a casual, well Mr.Casual, when you go back to your place with all the other little casuals tell them thanks for ruining the third expansion to the World of Warcraft series. I love what they've done with making it so cookie cutter, the curtains are so clean and ironed.

"Its just a game" is only a statement that comes from the lowest of low.

When in fact, its not, "Just a game".

Its an expression of who you are, and quite frankly every person that is coming back JUST BECAUSE WARLOCKS ARE GETTING SOME LOVE, are tools. Please stay on your arcane Mage or Deathknight. Do the Warlock community a favor.

As Adamant as it seems, many other Warlocks that have stuck it out, and appreciated the class for what it is, feel the same way.
    Last edited by paulywally; 2012-08-21 at 08:19 PM.

Sadly, with Sacrifice being the talent of choice atm, Affliction will feel all to similar to being a SP.

I always found shadow as a sort of a shoehorned spec becouse priests needed something they could spec into to melt faces. But if someone enjoys this particular playstyle, warlock should be the natural choice when picking up a class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah? "spam shadowbolt?"

The way I remember it was much different.

Spamming shadowbolt was a Vanilla thing, not TBC, so if your going to try to do a little "rebel" post, do it with correct information. In any case if you were spamming SB in TBC, you were doing it wrong.

"DPS Loss" pretty sure dps didn't become an Elitest thing until the End of TBC beginning of Wotlk.

Remember all you had to be was "good", not "LF highest dps warlock to come to this specific raid."

As long as you were -good- at your class, no one cared about your "gear score".

But yeah, i guess you really do know what your talking about!

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 04:25 PM ----------

Oh hello, you must be a casual, well Mr.Casual, when you go back to your place with all the other little casuals tell them thanks for ruining the third expansion to the World of Warcraft series. I love what they've done with making it so cookie cutter, the curtains are so clean and ironed.

"Its just a game" is only a statement that comes from the lowest of low.

When in fact, its not, "Just a game".

Its an expression of who you are, and quite frankly every person that is coming back JUST BECAUSE WARLOCKS ARE GETTING SOME LOVE, are tools. Please stay on your arcane Mage or Deathknight. Do the Warlock community a favor.

As Adamant as it seems, many other Warlocks that have stuck it out, and appreciated the class for what it is, feel the same way.
    seriously ? is this your answer to people who disagree with you ? the warlock is just one of the classes in wow, and everyone is free to play what ever they want. the only thing you have to earn is gear and being max lvl. I can understand pride, but your overly attached to a digital character archtype. i've played balance druid from vanilla, when you could could only be a healbot at best and had to respec to resto to raid. Up until this xpac, and i got bored with my class, i didn't care about fotm or awesomesauce trinket at the beginning, i just wanted something new as most people would want after years of the same. some are fotm, some just don't like to be sub par on the rest, and some care for thier guild more than thier chars. Pity that your to blinded to see that.

OT: i'm going to lvl mine too, but i hope that destro is getting some love too :P
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn