Question about Account Wide Mounts

I have been recently aware by Account Wide Mounts(I know, after all this time I just found out now) and I'm still a bit confused after looking up some information on it. What kind of mounts exactly will be account-bound? For example, I have the Cenarion Hyppogryph as one of my main mounts, willl that be available on lets say my re-rolled main? Thank you

Another thing is, I heard they were removing reputation tabards, can someone confirms this? Because a lot of faction do not have enough dailies to even consider only doing daily quests, so I think it's kind of a stupid thing to do.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    Rep tabards are only for the new faction mate (far as im aware) and theres plenty of dailys for them so cata and lower should still award rep from them.

theres a list of all mounts somewhere on the site if i have time later ill find it if not you can look and find it yaself :P but far as im aware yes all of your toons will get it. now if they can use it without reaching exulted with CE i dont know, i avoided beta so i didnt get burnt out too fast (did test the new panda start zone and its awesome)

Account Wide Mounts, the basics.

If the mount is faction specific, it will only appear on all characters you make of that faction. (Example, Orc Wolves)

If the mount is neutral and open to both sides, it will be open to all characters regardless of the faction. (Example, Violet Proto-Drake)

If the mount is gained through PVP, it will not be account wide. (Example, Gladiator Drakes)

That is the basics of the system as far as we know right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Account Wide Mounts, the basics.

If the mount is faction specific, it will only appear on all characters you make of that faction. (Example, Orc Wolves)

If the mount is neutral and open to both sides, it will be open to all characters regardless of the faction. (Example, Violet Proto-Drake)

If the mount is gained through PVP, it will not be account wide. (Example, Gladiator Drakes)

That is the basics of the system as far as we know right now.
    The last I understood it, only rated PVP mounts were NOT account-wide, regular PVP mounts (ie the Frostwolf) were... I'm not sure if that's changed or not.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    The last I understood it, only rated PVP mounts were NOT account-wide, regular PVP mounts (ie the Frostwolf) were... I'm not sure if that's changed or not.
    You might be correct. Last I heard it was all PVP mounts, but I do hope the HONOR-based mounts are account-wide. They are pretty basic after all.

I might have to get on beta to check that, as I have all of them on my Mage I transferred over. I just never took the time to check (I have way to many mounts in the account wide list)

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked it was only the Gladiator mounts , Challenge modes mounts and SOME recruit a friend mounts. That was about it. Everything else is Accountwide.

I'm interested (Impatient to wait ) if they are actually ACCOUNT-wide, not like herilooms are ACCOUNT wide yet you can only use them on one realm?
    Like I have Razzashi raptor on one realm, will my chars from other realms get it as well, or just on that realm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth View Post
    I'm interested (Impatient to wait ) if they are actually ACCOUNT-wide, not like herilooms are ACCOUNT wide yet you can only use them on one realm?
    Like I have Razzashi raptor on one realm, will my chars from other realms get it as well, or just on that realm?
    Yes, mounts and pets are truly account-wide, across all servers. This much I know, I tested it by copying a character with some mounts no one else had to the PVP server while all my others are on the PVE server, and everyone got those mounts.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be Bnet account wide. So your mounts on US-X will show up on US-Y. They will not be cross region however. US-X will not show up on EU-Y.

The issue with the heirlooms is you have to mail them to transfer them and there is no way to mail cross servers yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    perhaps, a review of the blue posts about the said subject will enlighten you more fully...

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Yes, mounts and pets are truly account-wide, across all servers. This much I know, I tested it by copying a character with some mounts no one else had to the PVP server while all my others are on the PVE server, and everyone got those mounts.
    Thanks,

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms are artificially limited by the mail system. Mounts are a page in a spellbook, so they are not. Aside from specific mount limitations, they really are universal to every character on every server on every WoW license on your battle.net account.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-08-21 at 03:44 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    They will be Bnet account wide. So your mounts on US-X will show up on US-Y. They will not be cross region however. US-X will not show up on EU-Y.

The issue with the heirlooms is you have to mail them to transfer them and there is no way to mail cross servers yet.
    I can see this being changed soon.... I hope

There's a few minor caveats. Flying mounts only become available when you hit 60, even though they're perfectly good ground mounts.

Blizzard seems to be tinkering with their current 'dailies only' faction model, but for now... yeah, it's dailies or nothing. Some factions have an item-based turn-in, but the items are either too rare, or too contested to make that a viable option for non-stop farming.

Also, there's actually one rep tabard in MoP, for your faction's corresponding Pandaren rep, but that's only for turtle mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalept View Post
    There's a few minor caveats. Flying mounts only become available when you hit 60, even though they're perfectly good ground mounts.

Blizzard seems to be tinkering with their current 'dailies only' faction model, but for now... yeah, it's dailies or nothing. Some factions have an item-based turn-in, but the items are either too rare, or too contested to make that a viable option for non-stop farming.

Also, there's actually one rep tabard in MoP, for your faction's corresponding Pandaren rep, but that's only for turtle mounts.

Actually, only the flight-only type mounts arent available till 60- Other flying mounts, such as carpets, clouds, gryphons, wyverns, and others that can be used in ground-only areas can be used starting at 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.