Poll: Vote

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is no downfall in WOW.

It still has 9 million + paid subscriptions (per hour or per month).

That's an AWESOME amount of subscriptions compared to the rest.

The fact these numbers went from 12M to 9M are in 2 years time are:

1. WOW has been around for 8 years. That's extreme for a single video game.

2. ALL AAA subcription based MMo's went free to play. WOW KILLED all WOW killers.

3. World economy is in heavy recession and in some countries in depression (EC), world economy went down and video game suffered with at least -25%. The only subscription based games left are WOW and EVE the rest is sucking players dry with cash shops)./

4. WOW has now MORE options, MORE content, MORE choises of play, so in game issues were not the cause . Things like "we level too fast", ... "you can shut down experience" are just counter of counter arguments without relevance.

5. 10.000.000+ copies of Diablo 3 were sold, so expect MoP to go grow again, now that everyone saw D3 and GW2 (and its lack of features compared to WOW).

TLDR. Learn to view with a bigger angle OP.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-09-09 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    i chose other; for the simple fact that wow can only "kill" itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest. I think they need fresh blood in the development staff. I'm not shitting on GC really I'm not but a fresh perspective on things can be extremely good at times.

None of the above

Please add the Community
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    None of the above

Please add the Community
    I actually see the opposite when it comes to WoW. No other games has as many fan sites/forums/youtubers as WoW does that are as active as WoW's ones on top that.
    Sure we have a bad vocal minority, but that's all it is. A minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted other;

Everything is to accessible for no effort, if everyone can get everything, no one cares about it anymore.
    Also the removal of accountability through LFD / LFR making the community turn into snot-eating little douches, the system worked when players keep't each other in check.., those that wanted to spend money on name / server change after being a ninja / retard etc could do so and blizzard would earn a little more, eventually these sickofants floated out again and was blacklisted again.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-09-09 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Removing challenge also kills longevity
    This. When you've done everything because it's trivialised, what is there to aim for?

TBC had a lot of flaws with tank poaching / having to run old content to gear up, but at least there was almost ALWAYS something to be progressing on, there was always some way to advance your character, some heroic dungeon that dropped something cool, some rep faction to finish maxing out, some raid boss to kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    flying mounts, it ruined world pvp
    they didnt world PVP was dead long before TBC, world PVP died the day battlegrounds came into the game, giving a reward that high for PVP it made any other form of PVP pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Anyone said Ghostcrawler so far? =P
    as mush hate as that guy gets its 100 times better the Kalgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    This. When you've done everything because it's trivialised, what is there to aim for?
    If you look at the stats, few people have done everything. Losing players because they are frustrated or blocked is, in practice, the much greater danger for Blizzard. This was especially the case in early Cataclysm.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Less than 20% of the raid community has dropped H Madness, how is that trivialized?

TBC had a lot of flaws with tank poaching / having to run old content to gear up, but at least there was almost ALWAYS something to be progressing on, there was always some way to advance your character, some heroic dungeon that dropped something cool, some rep faction to finish maxing out, some raid boss to kill.
    There was always something to progress on because guilds got mired down in content they'd already had on farm due to members leaving or being poached.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest downfall is Blizz themselves, they try to cater to a young/casual/noob market and all the players that made the game what it was are turned off by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Biggest downfall is Blizz themselves, they try to cater to a young/casual/noob market and all the players that made the game what it was are turned off by this.
    They've always catered to the casual market. During WoW Beta, their stated goal with WoW was to make the most accessible MMO on the market; all they've done before Cataclysm was follow that statement and industry shifts (and after an entire expansion of trying to make the game harder again causing massive sub bleeding, 4.3 returned to that philosophy and didn't see any drops 'til Diablo III's release and the pre-expac lull).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think a lot of people here are saying Vanilla was better than WoW in it's current state are just being nostalgic.
    For those of you who never played Vanilla, it was basically a grindfest to end all grindfests. You'd be lucky to get one epic a week from raiding. You had to farm for hours on end after level cap just to be able to afford epic riding or to maintain your PvP rank. Speaking of PvP, it was maybe one of the most imbalanced thing ever and I know what I'm talking about, as an old R12. In fact, if you had raiding epics, you could literally roll over every people in BGs, watching them being unable to do anything. Not every people back then who dominated at PvP were skilled, they just had shiny epics, but some were really godly and did show some amazing play, I'm not gonna lie too. About the raid, honestly, the hardest thing was to get 40 players together. This is truth, and I have seen this several times. The raiding part, when you finally gathered 39 players was a joke. One third, maybe the half was afk spamming one spell or for some warriors back then, only white, nothing else...
    And finally, speaking of classes, multiple specs in the game were just totally screwed, only 1 spec allowed you to be "efficient" and picked (not always, sometime you meet some really nice raid leader with an open mind (or just really close friend to you...)) as well in raid.
    Vanilla WoW wasn't that great, the only part I really miss was the close community back then, in fact, no cross realm PvP, so you have the pleasure to meet again and again the same opponent and forge links with the opposite side, leading you to fight them outdoor and share some dance party... at least, before someone throw the first blow.