Poll: Vote

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Ever since TBC that friendlist has been declining fast, and I can't recall the last time I met a friendly and social person in a random group...why would you want to act social anyway since LFD makes it you will never group with them again anyway.
    I'm pretty sure I will never find the mix of social and endgame raiding like I had in the guilds in TBC...
    That might be the reason many have a fondness to TBC that has depleted since. My friends list was put to heaviest use in TBC, and had some use in WotLK. I'm not sure I've used it much beyond tracking RL friends outside my guild on Cata. It seems to me that implimentations like LFD/FLR have turned out to be one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things. While it is nice to queue to play anything whenever you want, it really went to far in that there is no reason to form "working relationships" with anyone, even your own guild. In fact, for guilds that formed around social aspect rather than skill aspects those tools are often prefferable to guild-runs where you might have to teach someone the ropes of a dungeon they have not done before whereas pugs have a higher success rate especially considering the "vote to kick" those expendible, underperforming players.

WHat makes me sad is that the previous generation of gamers were obviously a lot smarter then we are. Oh well hopefully they will stop dumbing down the content for those going into MoP, maybe by the time the next xpac comes out they will have a easy mode LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those

Welfare Epics
    Easymode content (WOTLK+)
    Lack of Attunements / Group Quests
    Portals Everywhere/LFD (indluded this point because of LFD, portals are fine)

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    Gonna say us player who bash down on everything that Blizzard does
    Probably this. I think it's mostly a social phenomenon (losing part of the subscribers), though of course there are some players who simply don't like the game anymore/have played it enough.

Deleted
    Flying mounts never bothered me except when everyone is using the same one (is it really so hard to be unique) ill agree on the easymode content and when the cata hcs were first released i loved it especially since Ret pallys had a viable CC that lasted longer than a dribble of piss (BC Repentance anyone?) and i have now unsubbed because the game is pandering (yes pun intended) to lazys and bads....notice how i didnt say casual? thats because by hardcore standards i was casual yet i raided heroic T11 and T12 (didnt get rag before nerf boo) and couldnt be arsed with T13 after the first normal partly because i killed the boss of the expansion why go over it again

10+ Year Old Account
    The community.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the current wow dev team?

wow was best when jeff kaplan and rob pardo were running the day to day operations of wow. they long sinced moved to titan.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Other

Time and an aging player base. You can only play a game for so long before you realize it's just not doing it for you anymore.

But I don't think WoW is in any sort of "downfall". Definitely not at it's peak, but it's not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2012-08-21 at 08:16 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The thing I hate most about WoW is the vehicles. When these were implemented in Wrath I had a fit, and every time I have to use one in-game I get annoyed. Damnit I leveled my class to play my class! Not be forced to use these shotty vehicles in quests and OMFG they're in raids too.

older generation of players growing tired of the game.

community

haters gonna hate

imho - the biggest contributor is age. How many games have increasing interest/sales 7 years after being released? None?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: People who insist WoW is dying. WoW may not be the 20-year old frat boy that it was, but it is still a respectable middle-aged man who can still throw down if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    the current wow dev team?

wow was best when jeff kaplan and rob pardo were running the day to day operations of wow. they long sinced moved to titan.
    Definitely, wasn't that near the time activision merged with blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: WoW hasn't had a downfall yet and probably won't for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    imho - the biggest contributor is age. How many games have increasing interest/sales 7 years after being released? None?
    How many games demand a sub and payment for each expansion? So yes if you comparing it to normal games, it's really unfair.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be another option in the poll like: -What downfall?

I think players are the only thing in the game that irritates me...and not every player...but the players who complain about how WoW is dead yet they are still paying to play. I've been playing since vanilla...if I am not having fun in WoW I'll quit. It's simple as that.

I was pretty offended at the poll choices.. or the presence of a poll to begin with. This is so opinion-oriented that to pigeon-hole people into making out-of-context decisions based on your personal gripes... it's just not a productive or even interesting thread to bother with..

However, my one and only gripe in all the time I've played WoW is that too much has been done to appease the masses. This encompasses many different attributes that can be directly linked to your personal gripes... and much more. For me, personally, the biggest single issue is class/spec/role homogenization. Removing most unique features/buffs/abilities from one class/spec/whatever and redistributing it elsewhere in an attempt to 'balance' usability... It's the lazy way to tackle the issue that all should be created equal, and it's all about giving people the freedom to play whatever they want without being considered undesirable or a liability. The problem is this only works most of the time and not all of the time. So the system in place hamstrings the potential of any one class or spec while allowing some to limp to keep up rather than to bring the bottom tier up to par.

PvE and PvP should've been separate game from the get-go and maybe we wouldn't have this problem. That was the original intention, for those who don't remember. PvP servers were being created for world and battleground play while PvE realms were created with dungeons and raids to tackle instead of opposing players. One carry-over from this was the separated RP servers which were designed to push people with different focuses into the servers that would best emulate their expected method of play. The distinction between a PvP server and PvE are all but cosmetic at this point, especially when you consider that even on a PvE server you get PvP flagged for PET BATTLES... because big Blizzard wants you to have to deal with being harassed if you're encroaching on someone's rare spawn pet. Makes perfect sense... the most carebear thing in WoW, playing with your vanity pets, and it makes you vulnerable to griefing.

The community.

Most likely elitist jerks who wants BC back and thinks gated content is perfect and that it will in some way promote raiding in a good way and lead to a magic fairyland, making wow better for everyone. End "everyone" means people who run Heroic raids and never changes chars/has a guild who can run their alts easily through all kinds of contents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!