Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Oh, I remember a video from somewhere around the time they announced dragon age 3, where they talked a bit about what featurs they will have in DA3, and if I recall correctly, all of them were stuff that DA:O had, such as gearing your companions with proper gear. Was pretty funny.

I don't realy have high hopes for DA3, especialy after they said it will be a Skyrim like sandbox kinda game, I like the elder scrolls games, but dragon age aint an elder scrolls game. Their games have mostly been about scripted linear story progression. I doubt I'l be buying it, lost any confidence I had in Bioware with DA2, SWTOR and ME3.

But I'd like to see what happened to Morigan and the baby.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2012-08-23 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    If they want it to be awesome then they just need :
    -Story like DA:O
    -Combat like DA 2
    -More Dragons
    -Better boss fights
    -More Dragons
    -More Dragons[COLOR="red"]

What was wrong with me3 besides the last 5minutes?
    Last edited by mmoc3139caa730; 2012-08-23 at 11:37 AM. Reason: mistype

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthbetold View Post
    People overreacting.

But back on topic, I want to see DA:O with DA2's combat system. To explain that in detail, I still want it to be more similar to DA:O's combat, but I want the combat to be fluid and smooth like it was in DA2. Just scaled back a bit so it isn't so hack-n-slash. I don't want enemies that jump from rooftops or any of that crap. I want to be able to use tactics. I want to be able to draw them into traps (both traps that I set in the ground, and traps as in "prepositioning the party.") But I do want a smoother combat system.

Oh and, just in case my first post didn't emphasis this enough:

NO FUCKING COPYPASTA.
    Putin khuliyo

Morrigan a playable character.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and another thing: I want hard decisions. Like in ME1 where you chose between Kaiden and Ashley. Or a decision in picking between two evils, decisions that make you think.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my main man Sten to return and expose the DA2 Qunari as the imposters that they are.

But seriously I hope they just try and emulate what made Origins great and back off whatever they were trying to do with DA2. Also, for the love of Jeff, give me a wolrd to explore...not just one city with reusable locations and generic warehouse/dungeon/caves everywhere.

All that said my distaste for DA2 isnt exactly fair because I could never bring myself to finish the damn thing. I played through Origins several times on different characters and couldn't even finish 2 once. It was that disappointing.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I would think the best thing they could do this time around is release the full game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Less DA:2 More DA : Origin xD
    I'm not sure if I agree with this. DA2 did a lot of things right and gave a lot of improvements. I really hope they make it into DA3 too.

Skill system in DA:O was just bad. It was too linear and I always got everything I wanted at a very early level and then had to spend point on skills I was never going to use anyway. Besides there wasn't any choices, all the higher level builds were the same because you could get every skill you wanted anyway.

Then the mute protagonist. For some reason the telepathy really really bothered me. Either everyone uses text or everyone talks, otherwise it just breaks immersion.

The combat in DA 2 was much better too, even the fancy gymnastics aren't really my thing. It was much smoother and more challenging too. In DA:O, you just needed a healer, a tank and then some ranged DPS and everything became tank and spank.

OT: I hope to see more open world in DA3. Skyrim style. And of course more choices. Bioware games are story driven which is good but the downside is that they lack replayability. You play them once, maybe twice and then you already know everything. A Skyrim/Dragon age mix would be just perfect.

That said, I'm buying it anyway no matter what they do with it. Loved the first 2 so I doubt I'd be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard back in april, they've confirmed three main features they want to stick with and improve on.

The first one was the glaring issue with DA2, no copypasta.

The second one was they want to return to an open world style of game like origins and make choices matter.

The last one is the one I liked the most, bring back follower customization, they said they want to keep the idea of each follower having his/hers own unique look, but you can still swap their look in a way I really liked, the follower will change it's armor look, but'll keep his/hers own "signature" look while still looking different, they showed a few examples for us to see using concept art.

And one last thing, they're keeping the voiced protagonist.
    Last edited by CrossNgen; 2012-08-23 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    That said, I'm buying it anyway no matter what they do with it. Loved the first 2 so I doubt I'd be disappointed.
    I'm not. I'll give it a month or so, see what people say, just to be sure it isn't a let down like DA2 was.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    - More tactical combat. It doesn't have to completely revert to DA:O, as long as we move away from just hacking away at waves of enemies randomly spawning around the battlefield

- No endlessly reused terrain. It was rather silly in Mass Effect, and just downright bad in DA2

- Companion and NPC interactions/banter like they did in ME3.

Those would be the big three for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthbetold View Post

Honestly nothing. Mass Effect 3 is just about a perfect game if u like action/shooter/rpgs. The game was just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Honestly nothing. Mass Effect 3 is just about a perfect game if u like action/shooter/rpgs. The game was just awesome.
    I agree, after my initial annoyance at the original ending, I realised it was a drop in an ocean. If the game had ended on the Tuchunka mission, people would have given it perfect ratings across the board.