Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    I believe in karma and all the people who rip wal-mart off will have some kind of karma in their life but actually getting to see
    it happen right in front of me absolutely made my day. She'll be back at it again no doubt but at least for that moment I was happy.
    Thats like the opposite of Kharma. A #1 Fortune 500 company that hires largely minimum wage employies? That could raise its average wage to $12/hr with 1% of its annual sales OR "Even if Walmart passed on the entire burden of the wage increase to customers, it would only average out to a cost increase of 46 cents per shopping trip." http://www.fastcompany.com/1748811/w...orkers-12-hour

Nah, Wal Mart needs to get ripped off at every chance.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-08-23 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    -snip-
    I don't approve of such practices, but to assert that Wal-Mart should be "ripped off at every chance"? You, my friend, have bad karma.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is my personal bad karma story. Happened to me about 10 years ago. S'okay, here goes:

I had been in the Army a little over a year, was able to buy my first car with my own money, a '94 Chevy Berretta. I was proud of it. Was an older car, but very clean. One thing they always say about new recruits or lowering ranking Private, that they're 'young, dumb and full of ***". I fit that perfectly. The line of work I was in made me very cocky and arrogant. One night we were walking back from the gym to the barracks and for some reason the parking lot lights were completely out. We knew it was full of cars, but you couldn't see any of them or anyone in the parking lot because of how dark it was. We get about 75-100ft away from the parking lot and I told my buddy, 'watch this" and I picked up a baseball size rock and hurl it at the parking lot, not being able to see where it would land. After a sec or two I hear it hit pavement and bounce. (almost like a version of rullette huh?)

So next my buddy picks up a rock a little bigger and hurls it further and faster than me. He was a high school quarter back and had a better arm that I. We wait a sec, then two then CRASH( the sound of glass breaking). Horrified we took off running the rest of the way to the barracks. Now, you might think, "well, you're buddy should get the bad karma since he threw the rock". Funny thing was, he didn't have a car and we pretty much just shared mine.

Now, over the course of the next 2 years, my car got broken into 3 times. When I say broken into, literally thieves broke through glass to get in. Lost two after market car stereo's due to that and a bunch of cd's. Alternator went out 2 times, 2 flat tires while driving, and pulled out in front of a pickup wrecking the front end. Did this ever happen while I was driving it? Nope, only when my buddy was driving. I can probably count on two hands how many times my buddy actually drove the car during that two year period and, I kid you not, almost every time, if not every single time he borrowed it, one of these things happened.

After the car was wrecked, I sold it to a junk yard just wanting to get rid of it and bought myself a little junker, '89 S10 rust bucket. Never had a problem with it. Now it's an inside joke between myself and him every time we're leaving a parking lot, "Hey, want to throw a rock into the parking lot?" We just laugh.
    Last edited by select20; 2012-08-24 at 01:10 AM.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Typically, karma only happens if you think it will/if you subconsciously make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    but to assert that Wal-Mart should be "ripped off at every chance"? You, my friend, have bad karma.
    lol... all im saying is, if karma was real, a retailer who pays their employies 14% less than other retailers, also having a 14% higher rate of theft than other retailers would be more in line with the idea of karma than them having less of a theft rate... So thieves stealing from wal mart being caught, by itself, isn't really karma. It would require the thieve to already have bad karma deserving of being charged with fraud at ('of all places!!') Wal-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    lol... all im saying is, if karma was real, a retailer who pays their employies 14% less than other retailers, also having a 14% higher rate of theft than other retailers would be more in line with the idea of karma than them having less of a theft rate... So thieves stealing from wal mart being caught, by itself, isn't really karma. It would require the thieve to already have bad karma deserving of being charged with fraud at ('of all places!!') Wal-mart.
    Put it this way: I don't "believe" that karma is "real", but rather something that I think about that helps me cope with the fact that certain people are assholes. I assume the same is done with religion. But yeah, let's not head down that road...

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    I saw this picture a minute or two ago,
    And all i could think was, karma is full of win.

This sounds to me like a story Justin Wilson used to tell on his cooking show. I am unable to post links but heres the url.
    you tube . com /watch?v=uPzydJ7xKlo

Another one but this was about 10 years ago. We were traveling down a side road in the winter. The roads were snow covered and I guy passed us in a sports car going way over the speed limit not to mention the road conditions. A few seconds after he passed us he crashed creating a huge cloud of snow. We kept on driving and I have no idea what ended up happening to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A while ago me and my dad were stopped at a red light in our car with no traffic moving the other way (The way that had the green light). The guy next to us decided that it was alright for him to just go and run the red light, so he did. I said to my dad "Wheres a cop when you need one?" and then, literally out of nowhere, we heard a really loud siren and a police car goes speeding after him. It took the Cop a couple of seconds to respond so I figured that he was hidden behind a bush or something that he had to get out of before he could start chasing. Whatever the reason, it was awesome timing!
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-08-26 at 01:12 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Here's my Kharma story of the day.

About 17 years ago we hired student who was smart, funny, and hard working for the summer. About 3 years ago we hired her again since she was looking for a job and we remembered what she was like from her previous work experience. However, she never grew up and for someone in her 30's she still acts like she's 12. Plays on facebook all day, talks shit about customers behind their back, calls home 2 or 3 times a day during company time, has arguments with her husband in front of everyone including literally pouting when she doesn't get her way, has had drama episodes with not only her family but her husbands, talks down to people and I could go on and on about how immature she is. Hardly anyone in the company likes her and she's come close to having stuff blown up on her in the office but she's been very lucky so far .

It finally bite her in the ass when she posted on Facebook that two people were in the office were "pathetic" but didn't say who they were. Unfortunately, she forgot some of her friends on Facebook were co-workers. Yesterday, the rumor mill went into over drive and upper management got wind of her comment. She was told to take her comment down and now everyone in the company knows. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few days.
    Just an update on my story above. A couple of people saw her cry when she was told to take it down and she announced via e-mail last week she was leaving. She classifies it as finding something closer to home which will help her family financially. She'll probably be back in a year or so begging for her job back after she's fired from wherever she's going.

Deleted
    Short but sweet - i was out riding my bike with my friend Sarah , she had gotten to close to the curb and flew off her bike onto grass. I was still riding and saw her come of her bike and started to slow down , laughing my ass off all the while..... UNTIL !!! I found myself up the ass of a parked car. Yep it happened so quickly , first i saw her go ass over tit then !!bang!! im flying up the back of a trucks trailer.