Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wink My thoughts after playing the Stress Test!

So after getting up at 4:30 am to participate in the stress test, im going to be honest here.

BEST GAME EVER.

Its so fluid and the combat is amazing.
    I played as a human guardian...and within the first hour of the game, they had me fightning a big ass worm, some massive elemental hands (dope fight) to collecting little things like Skill Points.

I found all this very entertaining. I felt like the guardian class isnt my type though, to much support and not enough pewpew. Will defs be rolling Warrior or Elemental.

But yeah, overall the graphics (iv only got a GeForce GT 530) could nearly play it on Ultra settings, it was amazingly stunning for an MMO. The combat was one of a kind, really felt like I had become the Guardian and it felt like I was in the game. I LOVE how u dont have to "Hand in" your quests and waste time running back and forth.

I will be dropping WoW (atleast till MoP) for this game for sure.

How was YOUR experiance MMO-Champs ?

There is a huge amount of depth to this game, Arenanet have done a good job on both PvE and PvP, I don't think anything will match my gaming experience like the first time I flew from Stormwind to Ironforge on the gryphon, however I'm really looking forward to playing this game when it goes live on Saturday.

I didn't take part in the stress tests. I did however play in the last beta weekend. The game was incredible. I messed around on a few professions. Played a few hours on the necro but most of my time was spent on an engineer.

I didn't spend too much time with the story because when I do get round to purchasing the game (I don't want to play until I can play the game with full graphics so I can get completely immersed) I want to experience it all as new.

I will be playing MoP but when it gets to that point where I don't want to spend all of my gaming time on WoW then I will fire into GW2!

Enjoy playing it when it hits the shelves! I can't wait!
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

At this point my only worry is the pve after level 35. Since these zones weren't open in betas (dungeons, zones, group bosses) I just hope these zones were deeply tested But so far I'm really satisfied by the quality of work by the developer team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had fun for the 6 hours? we ended up getting this stress test. I had a blast playing my norn warrior, love the bow and great sword combo. The personal story grew on me for the norn after awhile, and finally solved that annoying jump puzzle on the norn building, i spent a good 20minutes last stress trying to jump deem planks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganja0102 View Post
    BEST GAME EVER.
    Lol, come on now the game isn't released yet.

I've been playing the BWE's for quite awhile and the stress tests I can't say I'm disappointed to say the least. The game runs well and WvW is a blast, the dynamic events & classes in general are fun to play. Should be interesting playing 'for real' this Friday.
    Freeloader-Warlock Cenarius WoW
    Freestyle/Riho- Priest Cenarius/Thorium Brotherhood WoW
    Rihan- Paladin Dunemaul server WoW
    Riho- Scylla server SWG
    Riho- Ranger Guk server EQ2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post

I've been playing the BWE's for quite awhile and the stress tests I can't say I'm disappointed to say the least. The game runs well and WvW is a blast, the dynamic events & classes in general are fun to play. Should be interesting playing 'for real' this Friday.
    Lol come on now, the game is ad-portas to come out and almost everyone has played since BWE1 and the game has gotten better and better progressively, yeah, the game isn't "DABESTBOMB" but it has been doing amazingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovver View Post
    There is a huge amount of depth to this game, Arenanet have done a good job on both PvE and PvP, I don't think anything will match my gaming experience like the first time I flew from Stormwind to Ironforge on the gryphon, however I'm really looking forward to playing this game when it goes live on Saturday.
    I am also hoping to match that first time I played an MMO. For me it took a long time during WoW to get to that stage of omg look at that. It was that huge wall in Arathi Highlands. Now I see this wall in the Char starting area which is twice a big but still its hard to get that feeling again. Or maybe there is so many amazing things to look at we're spoilt for choice.

I thing that I remember the most when I log out is the epic fights I keep having in this game e.g. I just fought this giant who had basically wiped out an entire char fort. That fight must of been 10minutes long but was completely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post

the game you play during stress tests is the same as the one who will be launched except for some minor tweaks. I got to lvl 3 on 4-5 classes and I can already tell I'm going to be playing it for a long time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I am also hoping to match that first time I played an MMO. For me it took a long time during WoW to get to that stage of omg look at that. It was that huge wall in Arathi Highlands. Now I see this wall in the Char starting area which is twice a big but still its hard to get that feeling again. Or maybe there is so many amazing things to look at we're spoilt for choice.

I thing that I remember the most when I log out is the epic fights I keep having in this game e.g. I just fought this giant who had basically wiped out an entire char fort. That fight must of been 10minutes long but was completely worth it.
    Yea same here, I actually leveled up to 32 and took a 1 month break. It was when I saw people in Orgrimmar with Tier 2 and started to learn about Blackwing Lair that I really got hungry to get to 60 and gear up.
    As for GW2 I really loved playing the sylvari start area, I don't want to tell why as it will be sort of a spoiler, but the story was really interesting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be dropping wow entirely, but it's gonna be a challenge for me to find time playing both. GW2 is a really amazing game and the first that I think really gives wow a run for the money. I'm really excited for the next month between GW2 and mop. I pre-purchased both, and my PC is going to get a serious workout over the next few months. The GW2 community is excellent, and if you get into a good guild that takes pvp seriously, GW2 can really draw you in. With GW2 going live late Saturday night, wow 5.0 patch on the 28th, mop pre-events early September, and mop Sept 25th...it's going to be a good time for us gamers.

Deleted
    Background:-Been in WoW since early beta and seen the game evolve since the start. Like a first love i will always love WoW. Nothing will beat the sheer terror of getting into my first 40man raid at Lvl 60 in crap gear as priest healer and seeing Molten Core for the first time, that first boss kill that wasnt done before you came to the raid, the chat on vent/chat in healing channel, the banter etc. HOWEVER, this has diminished for me. WoW evolved and became its own worst enemy. Its a game model that works by making you grind hrs on end doing dailys/repeated dungeon/raid runs, worst of all just race to weekly cap iof PVE and PVP then log after sitting in a capital city being bored. Then you get a release of content and rinse and repeat.

I looked something different, warhammer, SWTOR, Conan. All were ok till hitting that slowing area of 35/40. Its less engaging and a drag as again its a grind to cap.repeated dungeon runs and dailys, so i always came back to what i know WoW, not through choice but through there being nothing better.

That has all changed now. I played every beta content time possible. Played all the professions and races, did various crafting, Did SPVP and World PVP and random PVP, Espcially was concerned about PVE(my fav as i thought) so tested the DE's and leveling experience and i was shocked tbh.

I loved it from the character creation to the finishing events on the server. I cant get enough of the game. It was however hard to get used to no Recount, not worrying about binding so many keys, making macro's for basic tasks, no having to do dailys, YAY!!!!! Its a totally different game Model which will i think be the evolution of MMO's design. This game does not leave out anyone, it does not stop you fighting a boss because you dont have a gear score of XYZ or a Spec of XYZ, if you want to fight you can. People help you without typing in /s Please res me, they just do it.

I love the interface, i like the fact you can pvp from any level. I like not handing in quests and can "just explore". I got that same feeling exploring as i did with my first Wow character. I hate collecting crafting mats, its a chore, not in GW2 it gives me XP why wouldnt i. No need to race to a node as you see someone else going there, you can both get the same node.

MOP for me is just not going to cut it. Playing beta just felt once i got over the talent changes its still the same game 5 levels more and a race to cap. Once there i will just do the same as i do now. If i am bored now doing end game content PVP and PVE caps what will i get different in MOP? Just level alts when bored or log to another game.

GW2 for me is a no brainer. No monthly fee, a better feeling in game and the ability to enjoy the world "solo" as well as with guildies. So, cancelled both my WoW accounts and looking forwards to the coming "fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the third beta weekend, and it was the best time I have had for years. Rolled a Charr Engineer, it was awesome. Got to level 22.
    Can’t wait for release. Can’t believe there’s only a few days left

So after getting up at 4:30 am to participate in the stress test, im going to be honest here.

BEST GAME EVER.
    You need a tissue?

The game isnt out yet and your drooling allr.

Everything new is nice, it has always been like that, but in the end does it keep you there.

Loads of people scream nice, awesome, best one ever when a game is about to hit.

And after 2 months, the game is going downhill allr, subs going down, and they turn back to wow.

dont pretend you found a new awesome cakezzz game, cause i know, and you know...

you didnt. It only has your attention for a limited time like a child on x mas eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post

And after 2 months, the game is going downhill allr, subs going down, and they turn back to wow.
    That is defininitely one one GW2s main problems. I dont see this game having many subs once the free month ends. Arenanet has to prepare something spectacular to keep people subbed to this subscriptionless MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I dont see this game having many subs once the free month ends.
    Ok, I'll bite. Why do you think that ?

But yeah, overall the graphics (iv only got a GeForce GT 530) could nearly play it on Ultra settings, it was amazingly stunning for an MMO. The combat was one of a kind, really felt like I had become the Guardian and it felt like I was in the game. I LOVE how u dont have to "Hand in" your quests and waste time running back and forth.
    I have a 520 and you said it ran pretty good close to max settings? mine runs pretty good on medium setting anything higher it say FP 12-15 or something like that. How can I tweak to look better? Still looks pretty good considering though.

Any how Frankly I'm sick and tired of MMOs with monthly fees. I will not play them anymore unless they go the route of ArenaNet and GW2. The game is so engaging and even playing the same area a couple of time didn't feel stale at all. In fact the event's were pretty Random I thought. One area I expected an event to happen and it didn't. Superb!

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Did anyone else notice the jump in graphics quality? I've had it set to max for all the other beta weekends but man.. last night the game looked simply stunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember..a puppy is not just for Christmas it's for life..you will have to live with it forever... :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    That is defininitely one one GW2s main problems. I dont see this game having many subs once the free month ends. Arenanet has to prepare something spectacular to keep people subbed to this subscriptionless MMO.
    True that, lol.

Game truly is a gem though. Massive cities and landscapes for me to explore, elites in the open world that are actually elite (not even the bosses, just elite champions). Seeing all of that before level 10 was a great experience, something I've longed for ever since I started the MMO genre. It's such a short time till we get to play it as well. Can't wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Did anyone else notice the jump in graphics quality? I've had it set to max for all the other beta weekends but man.. last night the game looked simply stunning.
    Yes i noticed too, i play on medium and noticed a leap in gfx quality with great fps too.