Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What 4 professions would you pick for a dungeon?

As the title states what professions would you prefer to have in a dungeon? I'm wondering because I want to pick a class thats in demend. Just wondering if theres a class with more CC than another? or maybe group heals. I've played many hours on the beta events but I havn't really compared professions to each other and with the 25th so close, I want to make sure i pick the right profession off the bat. I really love warriors but I have no idea if someone would pick a thief or something else over me for a last spot in a group.

Guardian, Elementalist, Necromancer and Warrior.

They're pretty decisive/balance of power type classes. The others do okay-to-great. Those 4 wreck though.

To quote Ghostwalker, this really is a case of bringing the player and not the class (profession)

Quote Originally Posted by Suffux View Post
    As the title states what professions would you prefer to have in a dungeon? I'm wondering because I want to pick a class thats in demend. Just wondering if theres a class with more CC than another? or maybe group heals. I've played many hours on the beta events but I havn't really compared professions to each other and with the 25th so close, I want to make sure i pick the right profession off the bat. I really love warriors but I have no idea if someone would pick a thief or something else over me for a last spot in a group.
    I don't think it matters due to the holy trinity is gone, of course there will be classes that may or may not have better group utility. I wish I could give you an example of what warriors can bring , but leveled only to lvl3 so far and I have avoided reading to much due to me wanting to explore everything myself.
    What I do know is that you can get some group buffs from passives.

Guardian, Ele and Warrior are pretty (too) much awesome for dungeons.

I would take any 4 professions as long as the players knew how to play their role. I did XAC with 5 warriors and went amazingly well.... so I could care less which professions were in the run.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-22 at 05:14 AM.

Yeah i would think a Ele, and Gaurdian, and Warrior would be ideal for tankish, defence, and heals from the ele. and any dps for the last 2!

Necromancer (me) and any 4 other profs that want to come with me.

It's not like WoW where you want X Y Z, it's really more a situation of bringing the player not the profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 thieves

Because anything else if for casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkin View Post
    Yeah i would think a Ele, and Gaurdian, and Warrior would be ideal for tankish, defence, and heals from the ele. and any dps for the last 2!
    err... no. That isn't really how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 rangers, just coz i can

Nah i dunno whoever is around and one of each basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior? I love being the Battlemaster striking everything down in my path for my people!

/endrprant

Guardian maybe but seems kind of like a Tyrian Paladin.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

imho this is a kinda wrong question for a game like gw2
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkin View Post
    This is just wrong way to think... so wrong. Forget the holy trinity, it is gone. There is no need to mimic it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Four charr anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist and probs Necro, or Engineer

Deleted
    5 mesmeers

My engineer and 4 other random blokes.
    You know what? Scrap that, I'm just gonna solo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StabsYoFaces View Post
    5 mesmeers
    Thats a lot of people...

Deleted
    For all you people saying that there is no holy trinity, that's true in the classical sense of the phrase but don't forget about Boons and Conditions. There are going to be profession combinations that are just more optimal than others due to bringing some / all of the required buffs and debuffs. Some combos will just straight up synergise better too - particularly if explorable mode dungeons really are as balls hard as they are supposed to be.