Matchmaking System

Over the past few days I have noticed that the matchmaking system kinda sucks.

I'm currently level 20 and have been placed in teams with players between levels 8 and 15. Normally I wouldn't care if the opposing team had players of equal level but when we come up against 3 level 30's and 2 level 25's it's kinda annoying. They just roll over us and we have no chance.

Why can't the matchmaking system place me with players the same level as me?

This has only been happening since I hit 20 btw. Before that it was pretty good.
    Last edited by chezwickcheese; 2012-08-22 at 05:45 AM. Reason: More Information

10+ Year Old Account
    Between levels 1-10 you're going to get matched with other players of that level because they're all "new" to the game and there are many players at that level due to new players and smurf accounts. However as you get higher level there are less players at that area and so to make match making faster and more effective it's going to match you with different levels. Also if you're a premade team with lets say a level 30 and a 20 then that may also be a reason to why you're getting mathed with those levels. 20-29 is a long leveling period and there aren't that many people around there so they have to match you with other level boundaries to speed this up. If this is really causing you problems host a custom game and kick players who arnt the level you expect.
    Hope this helped

In theory (after level 10), the matchmaking system will match you up with players that are your skill level, not your summoners level. So, in theory, those level 30s are as good as you are.

In theory.

It can be goofy sometimes, and that I can't explain.

There's also the possibility that they q'd with friends. The level 30 who is destroying you may have his level 15 friend in the game not knowing how to buy items.