Deleted

Me & my cousin need some advise please.

Hi all,

Me and my cousin want to start this game together as we have never played Guild Wars before, My cousin wants to be either a Thief or Mesmer and I like the Engineer or Necromancer. What I would like to know is if we choose the same Race (say Charr for example) will we start in the same area or will having a different profession make us start in different locations.

In WOW for example if you start as an Orc but one is a Hunter and the other a Warlock we would still start in the same area.

Thanks alot in advance for any help.

DAZ

10+ Year Old Account
    You will start in the same area.

Deleted
    Yup, same area, but even if you decide to go difference races it only takes a few minutes to go through the mists and meet up with your friend once you've both done the very first area which doesn't take very long at all. I'd recommend using a guide to do it so you don't get lost (I didn't and did get lost :P) but you shouldn't feel forced to play the same race just so you can play together.

10+ Year Old Account
    MY COUSIN AND I!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of race, it would take you guys about 5 minutes to link up with each other anyway. After the initial tutorial you can go to any starting area in as little as two Asura Gates (portals).

Don't fall in love! Oh wait what was the question? But yeah you can pretty much go to any starter area for extra levels or teaming up with your buds.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Thank you both for the quick reply's, now we can argue over which race to start with ..

Deleted
    Keep in mind that even if you choose the same race, there is a short tutorial slash introduction for the race which you'll need to complete - it takes about five to ten minutes. During this tutorial, it is possible you will not be with your cousin. However, as soon as you finish it you'll be dumped into the real world, and you'll be able to meet each other, group up, and start playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by DAZUK74 View Post
    Thank you both for the quick reply's, now we can argue over which race to start with ..
    don't argue, pick whichever you guys each prefer then argue over which area to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    don't argue, pick whichever you guys each prefer then argue over which area to start.
    Sylvari area has been my fav so far... they should quest there (let the fight commence!)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Sylvari area has been my fav so far... they should quest there (let the fight commence!)
    rawr! Asura>all!

Deleted
    Wasn't a fan of the Sylvari area, but the Asura area was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that you can play your personal story with party members. If they're from another race they can tag along, but if they're from the same race and are up to the same point of their story as you are you can share the progress.

Deleted
    Thanks to all that have given there words of wisdom on this matter.

We don't want to hold hands through this game so to speak, we have always in the past just chosen the class/faction/races we liked and have nearly always ended up either on different side's so we couldn't co-op or so far away from each other it was more of a hassle to travel to each other.

wooah i thought it should say something like 2Should we marry" yes or no

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's worth noting that you can play your personal story with party members. If they're from another race they can tag along, but if they're from the same race and are up to the same point of their story as you are you can share the progress.
    Thanks for this info Mif.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you may also need to choose the same racial biography choices for it to work.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Biog...Race_questions