Explain Guild Wars 2 to me

I am a new player. I never played the first original game at all. I heard about this game had some interesting choices that if you save a village, they remember you for it and actually has a cause-effect to things. I pre ordered the game several months ago even with head start 2 day's and 7 hours away. I know little to nothing about the game itself.

I played a few hours in the beta and without a doubt. It was interesting. I was just randomly going around attacking things. What I'd like to know if the moral choices true? and to what extent. And also which class is most easiest to learn at the start. I'm leaning from a Necromancer and en elements.

Also it would be a massive help for any youtube links that explain this or articles in depth. Currently I am playing Star Wars MMO. Former Warcraft player.

You should read this. It has everything you'll possibly need to know.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    You should read this. It has everything you'll possibly need to know.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!
    Thanks looking at it now.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Thanks looking at it now.
    Welcome to the Guild Wars 2 community.

On top of looking at the mass infos thread, I suggest glancing at the videos thread for an idea on what game play footage looks like. Also, if a profession peaks you interest, I suggest you look for the thread about that profession in this sub forum.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I'm disappointed in how people seem to ignore stickied threads these days, sometimes to the point it seems they're avoiding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    I'm disappointed in how people seem to ignore stickied threads these days, sometimes to the point it seems they're avoiding them.
    First 5 pages should only be stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    That's because you see only posts by people who haven't read them. The ones who do read the stickies don't post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some pretty good youtube links:

OFC WoodenPotatoes 1st and best with a size-able amount of vids wwwyoutubecom/user/WoodenPotatoes
    A nice playlist of GetBonkd he explains just about everything per video wwwyoutubecom/playlist?list=PLAF4ABE5041FBB51D&feature=plcp
    A nice video explaining the UI and most basic activities by Matt Visual wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=7MJ-HmkoE4I&
    Another video about talking about choosing a race by Bogotter wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=zGeWCwNQyR8&
    And check this page i made a nice F.A.Q at the bottom of the page with a overview of stuff you could check as well over at wwwtwitchtv/rayofnox
    There are quite a few more youtubers and random vids you can check but these are my picks and other posters are probably gonna add the others hehe.
    Edited the links as i cant post them yet with my low post count atm

Enjoy GW2 as i know i will starting Saturday!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also suggest going to www.guildwars2hub.com and look at their guide section. It's really good.