Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Either way my point still works. Religion is one of the most powerful tools on earth, without it they would have very little to use to justify a war.
    Oh I quite agree, my point was, that I think that was his point too.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    The source of the religions may be "divine" or "human" in which they state that their credibility is to be and will be questionable to test their believers etc.
    Though this is not the topic of our discussion and if it would be then I would not be able to discuss much longer as the knowledge I have gained so farm my studies of these fields have never gone as far as to criticize and analyze their origin.

However, trying to justify actions that account to a particular religion or an ideal is never really the way to go unless it deems so in the core which is another problem due to problems with linguistics. Some of the sources of religious books such as bible, qu'ran, to'rah and sutras to name a few are written in ancient languages and it is rather their interpretations that we are presented with while not being able to understand the original language at its heart.

However, I agree that within this global world unless literally all the people under its sovereignty want them to do otherwise, the state and their ideal that is tied to their religion or belief-system should be separated.
    Not to mention these books have also gone through many translations.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Do u know adam and eve and that they ate an apple? in the korran its the same deal but with other names and its not an apple.
    National geograpich has dated the bible story to be nomerus of copies and addons from 4000 BC and the korran copies the bible so.....
    Not to mention that the Bible wasn't even written or pieced together by a divine being or a religious man. The Bible as we know it today was created by a Roman Emperor so he could keep his people in check. Oh and how marvelous it was....

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not to mention these books have also gone through many translations.
    Indeed - the classic one being the whole idea of Mary being a virgin, which was most likely an error due to the greek word for virgin also meant young lady.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonTurky View Post
    Well muslims use it as an excuse to destroy things and blow people up and everyones too afraid to do anything against them because if you burn 1 of their fairy tale books you get an entire country of raging arabic/muslim retards on your ass if not more wich is probably even in possession of nuclear weapons...

I dont know but i feel a third world war comming up and the muslims will play a huge part in this.

Inb4 infraction.
    ^^ lunatic who has never left his rural town

so what about all the muslim allied countries, and the millions of muslims living in the west - I fear you fascists more than the muslims to be honest

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either way my point still works. Religion is one of the most powerful tools on earth, without it they would have very little to use to justify a war.
    Except, you know, racism and xenophobia; the whole cause of such wars. Religion was the guise under which they went. Without such religion they would have gone for another reason. In fact, many did.

Bwhahahah, why not just return to the stone age;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    They ban fantasy books yet they believe in one. That's kinda ironic.
    While I agree, seriously, what else would you expect? Religion was the original sci-fi series and their fans make even the Star Trek geeks look positively rational in comparison.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-08-22 at 01:26 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Stop insulting their religion and give us valid points, you are being a dog plain and simple. They do not have a devolved sense of morality in some countries. Profanity nudity sex and violence are not global mainstreams of entertainment. I'd also watch your damned tongue when speaking about myths and religion. Myths are believed to be false or exaggerated stories, Religion is commonly believed to be real by followers of the faith. Honestly worry less about others and more about yourself.
    maybe we should switch places , come live in iran for a while and get tortured over a glass of beer in jail , i think you deserve that kind of life .

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Except, you know, racism and xenophobia; the whole cause of such wars. Religion was the guise under which they went. Without such religion they would have gone for another reason. In fact, many did.
    Difference being that religion is immune to criticism, "you are under no circumstances to question anything when it comes to religion". That's perhaps the dangerous part of religion.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-08-22 at 01:29 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    They should compensate with releasing a game like, World of Allah, or something. So that you still have something to entertain yourself with.
    That is very offensive.
    And a bit of education for you, Allah is God in Arabic. Same god the Christians and Jews worship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    The term of stone age would be inaccurate due to how some deranged actions is below the level of every human-sovereign-age.
    ...and its not really tied to religion.
    I think its clear that he didn't literally mean the stoneage
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2012-08-22 at 01:30 PM.

Gotta love religion.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Do u know adam and eve and that they ate an apple? in the korran its the same deal but with other names and its not an apple.
    National geograpich has dated the bible story to be nomerus of copies and addons from 4000 BC and the korran copies the bible so.....
    Its a forbidden fruit in both contexts, yet that is a single event that is shared in those books and for this as well as other similar reasons they are related to each other under the roof of Abrahamic religions. However, those books also cite events of their time as well.
    To note them as copies of each other would be in the scope of significant amount of dissertations in theology, which has not been presented so far as neither cumulative nor distinctive works.

Probably the first time i've felt bad about something i've read on here.

It sucks really does that some people in power use their religious views to restrict others like this.

I hope this ends soon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    That is very offensive.
    And a bit of education for you, Allah is God in Arabic. Same god the Christians and Jews worship.
    Something tells me that a lot of people will find your statement quite offensive as well.

Resources.
    Ideals.
    Territory.

There reconcile on one and the humanity will quarrel over another thing.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not to mention that the Bible wasn't even written or pieced together by a divine being or a religious man. The Bible as we know it today was created by a Roman Emperor so he could keep his people in check. Oh and how marvelous it was....

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 01:22 PM ----------

Indeed - the classic one being the whole idea of Mary being a virgin, which was most likely an error due to the greek word for virgin also meant young lady.
    It might be wised if you only spoke about what you know. The "error" was not as you stated. The ambiguous word was the Hebrew word "almah", (I wish I could get the old Hebrew lettering on here.) The Greek word "Parthenos" has no ambiguity at all. Unfortunately for your hypothesis, virgin is indeed the better of the two translations. Isaiah, who made the prophecy, would not have wondered or bothered writing down that a young maiden gave birth. A VIRGIN giving birth is much more noteworthy, and would have been seen as a portent.

This translation is further strengthened by the fact that many faiths and religions of the time put stock in virgin births. Make of that what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Man, its actually really saddening that the majority of you people are blaming it on Islam and insulting the Qur'an and the Shii'ee community. If you actually do this over a game, I feel sorry for anyone you interact with in real life. I mean really? Insulting more then 1 billion peoples belief over a game? OP if this is such a problem to you and you cant stop why not just get a VPN like the people in this thread said? Or you can simply move to another country/
    Last edited by Silent; 2012-08-22 at 01:37 PM.

That is very offensive.
    Not necessarily. For them they share different deities. For example, in Christianity there is the Trinity in which is respected and defined as the divine embodiment. However, to deem so in Islam would be considered a sacrilege and a sin.

That is very offensive.
    I don't care if it's offensive. And thank you for the information, but I am sure I won't remember it as I have no intention of learning Arabic.