Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Iran's government banned battle.net's IPs

Well, as if life of an Iranian couldn't get worse, the Battle.net became completely inaccessible as of today.

Look at how moronic the reasons for this act are:

1. Promotion of superstition and mythology
    2. Promotion of violence due to too much violence (I'm not exaggerating this is exactly what they wrote).
    3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
    4. Demonstration of inappropriate clothing and slutty outfits for female avatars.

The day that an Islamic regime bans something for promotion of superstition and mythology is the day that I want to burn myself alive. I mean. COME. ON! Your entire existence is based on myth and superstition and you ban World of Warcraft for that?!?!?!?!?!

And it's not just WoW or D3 or StarCraft.. There's GuildWars and tons of other titles. This government is hell bent against people having fun. We don't have bars, discos obviously because we live under God's holy vicegerent, Ayatollah Khamenei the Supreme Leader. About 90% of the internet is already blocked, fantasy books are banned. Basically anything with reference to magic and high fantasy is banned. I'm not kidding, they have been pulling books from an already dead book market for exact same reasons. Movies and TV shows based on fantasy and mythology and magic is also banned from national television. Everything in this fucking country is now illegal, I have no idea what would it take for people to grow a pair and stand up for themselves now. I really, really don't know.

I'm so frustrated right now I can punch pigeon, or a very cute dog.

Let's refrain from labeling people's religious beliefs as "myth" or anything else that could be offensive.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-22 at 01:39 PM.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

That's really ridiculous... but I can't say that I'm surprised. Either way, change will come. Maybe not in our lifetimes but eventually they will... all things change with time.

Deleted
    They ban fantasy books yet they believe in one. That's kinda ironic.

Let's refrain from labeling people's religious beliefs as "myth" or anything else that could be offensive.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-22 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    You're probably gonna get banned, but i agree.

you are kinda my hero

That absolutely sucks.
    Are there any methods of circumventing the bans? I heard the Chinese do it (for FB, for example), maybe you could too.

You could possibly use a proxy/vpn to bypass it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Where can I find you? I want to shake your hand.

OT; Kinda crazy but really, are we actually surprised?

not alot to say other then, I feel for you mate, I cant imagine what it must be like to live like that, I think we all take our freedoms for granted here.. even when it comes to things like this!

Deleted
    This is truly horrible... Not just bnet but all of it really, I hope you can use some proxy and bypass this shit.
    I love you. And envy your bravery because on these forums you will have a trigger happy white knight moderator on you within minutes.

< if you have an issue with moderators, PM Sunshine. >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-08-22 at 02:47 PM.

I am honestly surprised it was ever allowed in the first place in that fucked up country.
    Last edited by Swampfox2223; 2012-08-22 at 11:44 AM.

Not that they are the only ones doing it, most of the people in the civilized world actually do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
    What is the correct translation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I think that they 'praise' sin.. could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Hanging people from cranes and leaving them for a day for public view is just as bad as killing people in WoW.. Jebus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I kinda screwed that one up I think, it means something like committing sin is bad, right? They say in WoW the wrongness in committing sin is like not a big deal ( I think I fucked it up even more).

You sir, are spot on.
    Last edited by Darkfie1d; 2012-08-22 at 11:51 AM.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    This is truly horrible... Not just bnet but all of it really, I hope you can use some proxy and bypass this shit.
    I love you. And envy your bravery because on these forums you will have a trigger happy white knight moderator on you within minutes.

Oh god, this thread is getting better and better. I salute you my Czech brethrin ^^

Anyway, it is sorta ridiculous, whats next?
    -K

Deleted
    Damn dude, I feel sorry for you. That's terrible

One man's religion, next man's superstition...

It is correct translation as far as I am aware.

Religious people believe your soul deforms if you are sinful. Abolishing the deformation in sin would literally mean that being sinful is not soul destroying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    The day that an Islamic regime bans something for promotion of superstition and mythology is the day that I want to burn myself alive. I mean. COME. ON! Your entire existence is based on myth and superstition and you ban World of Warcraft for that?!?!?!?!?!
    Dude please don't stick this crap to Islam. I live on the other side of the Arabian Gulf in Kuwait and they don't ban any games in the name of Islam.

Ten thumbs straight up. Also, is this really surprising to anyone?
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 2012-08-22 at 11:53 AM.