Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    This is truly horrible... Not just bnet but all of it really, I hope you can use some proxy and bypass this shit.
    I love you. And envy your bravery because on these forums you will have a trigger happy white knight moderator on you within minutes.
    How exactly is being rude about someone's religious beliefs "brave"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    They ban fantasy books yet they believe in one. That's kinda ironic.
    Spot on, have a cookie!

That is.. awful. I'd be interested in what Blizzard have to say about it, if they do.

Is moving to another country out of the question? I know it's somewhat drastic, but it seems like you're at odds with most of what makes Iran the country that it is.

inb4 self-proclaimed intellectual atheists attack all religion.

Too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Arian-KH;18106842]that's what happens when a country is full of fucking moslems[/QUOTE
    see that's the point where we say Iran = the face of corruption and home of Shia you have few existing Muslims
    plz this has nothing to do with Islam , Islam is pure of the likes of you

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    How exactly is being rude about someone's religious beliefs "brave"?
    Atheists have an inflated sense of self-importance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzbert View Post
    That is.. awful. I'd be interested in what Blizzard have to say about it, if they do.

Is moving to another country out of the question? I know it's somewhat drastic, but it seems like you're at odds with most of what makes Iran the country that it is.
    Believe me I tried, no luck thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Atheists have an inflated sense of self-importance.
    Not entirely true, same thing can be multiplied by 100 and said about religious folks. Because apparently they figured out how the world works about 2000 years ago, they seem to know the Gods every move and plan, even better than the God.
    Last edited by Darkfie1d; 2012-08-22 at 12:11 PM.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Islamic theocracy doing what theocracies do best, censor everything.
    More at 11.

If you actually live there, I'd suggest getting a VPN.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-08-22 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    china a secular country have banned warcraft also and blizzard had to take them an altered version of the game before it was allowed to be sold there
    this isnt any different,
    and also, shame on the people saying "this is terrible I wonder if they will be alright", yea warcraft is the least of irans troubles...

You can say the same thing about any other Religion out there Islam Catholic or whotever .I can post you a link of a Polish priest baning Diablo 3 for the same reson nothing new
    Last edited by Sodia; 2012-08-22 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    inb4 self-proclaimed intellectual atheists attack all religion.

Too late.
    An attack on organised religion has to be done by an athiest...? Couldn't be done by somebody taking the logical deist or agnostic stand point?

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    china a secular country have banned warcraft also and blizzard had to take them an altered version of the game before it was allowed to be sold there
    this isnt any different,
    and also, shame on the people saying "this is terrible I wonder if they will be alright", yea warcraft is the least of irans troubles...
    Some areas of the country are actually quite liberal, wow would represent some escapism and this demonstrates a step in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by mmoc29e379a7c7; 2012-08-22 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    More at 11.
    "Random theocracy doing what theocracies do best, censor everything."

Its not the idea or the thought but humans that perform the actions and just because they present themselves as a part of if, does not make them so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    More at 11.

If you actually live there, I'd suggest getting a VPN.
    China. That is all. Dont bring religion into this, the iranian govt is crazy simply put.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    That regime and any like it, using morality from the early third century, needs to be shut down. A pity that would involve a fucking war. Still, I don't understand how people live in 2012 with a mindset like that.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    Well, as if life of an Iranian couldn't get worse, the Battle.net became completely inaccessible as of today.

Look at how moronic the reasons for this act are:

1. Promotion of superstition and mythology
    2. Promotion of violence due to too much violence (I'm not exaggerating this is exactly what they wrote).
    3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
    4. Demonstration of inappropriate clothing and slutty outfits for female avatars.

The day that an Islamic regime bans something for promotion of superstition and mythology is the day that I want to burn myself alive. I mean. COME. ON! Your entire existence is based on myth and superstition and you ban World of Warcraft for that?!?!?!?!?!

And it's not just WoW or D3 or StarCraft.. There's GuildWars and tons of other titles. This government is hell bent against people having fun. We don't have bars, discos obviously because we live under God's holy vicegerent, Ayatollah Khamenei the Supreme Leader. About 90% of the internet is already blocked, fantasy books are banned. Basically anything with reference to magic and high fantasy is banned. I'm not kidding, they have been pulling books from an already dead book market for exact same reasons. Movies and TV shows based on fantasy and mythology and magic is also banned from national television. Everything in this fucking country is now illegal, I have no idea what would it take for people to grow a pair and stand up for themselves now. I really, really don't know.

I'm so frustrated right now I can punch pigeon, or a very cute dog.

So are you unable to play anymore?

Deleted
    Just a stoneage country that follows religious laws, no suprise here.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    It pains me that someone in an amazing community would actually say this, and that other people agree with you " sigh "

Deleted
    If all they block is DNS, you can use Google's public DNS: https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using

If you can't read it, short version: change your DNS settings to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844) instead of your ISP's DNS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    An attack on organised religion has to be done by an athiest...? Couldn't be done by somebody taking the logical deist or agnostic stand point?

Some areas of the country are actually quite liberal, wow would represent some escapism and this demonstrates a step in the wrong direction.
    so that hanging of homosexuals fine no problem, but who the fuck do they think they are banning wow.....
    please

Amazing statement.