Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Unfortunately can't say I'm surprised, I can't believe they have taken this long to do it.

Okay lets stop this shit now, atheist dont mind religion, i personally have nothing against it. What pisses us off is the fact people use it to infringe on others rights. This is a bad example banning a video game, sure it sucks but what ever. The real problem is when they take away the right to vote etc. Now i dont care if your religious good for you, dont make think that gives you the right to tell me how to live, you can live by those rules i dont want to. Laws just be made logically to give maximum freedom while also fully protecting the countries citizens. It should not needless take rights away because a book says so.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    It might be wised if you only spoke about what you know. The "error" was not as you stated. The ambiguous word was the Hebrew word "almah", (I wish I could get the old Hebrew lettering on here.) The Greek word "Parthenos" has no ambiguity at all. Unfortunately for your hypothesis, virgin is indeed the better of the two translations. Isaiah, who made the prophecy, would not have wondered or bothered writing down that a young maiden gave birth. A VIRGIN giving birth is much more noteworthy, and would have been seen as a portent.

This translation is further strengthened by the fact that many faiths and religions of the time put stock in virgin births. Make of that what you will.
    The error supposedly occured when the hebrew word was translated into greek, and it supposedly occured since the word was indeed ambigous. As for noteworthy... Well I'd call it crazy really, but be that as it may.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Stop insulting their religion and give us valid points, you are being a dog plain and simple. They do not have a devolved sense of morality in some countries. Profanity nudity sex and violence are not global mainstreams of entertainment. I'd also watch your damned tongue when speaking about myths and religion. Myths are believed to be false or exaggerated stories, Religion is commonly believed to be real by followers of the faith. Honestly worry less about others and more about yourself.
    To me personally a man in the sky guiding everyone's destiny is as real as dragons are and I pity those who are too hypocritical to believe one thing is possible and not the other. The number of people who believe it is irrelivent.

I have a great quote in mind (I don't personally condemn the idea of religion but this quote is good for proving the point above) "When a child has an imaginary friend they're cute, when an Adult has an imaginary friend they're insane, when a group of adults have the same imaginary friend its religion"
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2012-08-22 at 01:43 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Difference being that religion is immune to criticism, "you are under no circumstances to question anything when it comes to religion". That's perhaps the dangerous part of religion.
    I'm not sure what world you live in, because I see religion being criticized every day. This thread itself is doing just that.

Now if you wanted to argue that corrupt religious officials tend to want to be immune to criticism, I'd agree with you. The problem then is not the religion, it's the corruption. In the end it all boils down to the same thing. Power corrupts. Whatever force creates that power is irrelevant. I've seen more governments attempt immunity to criticism than most other types of generators of power. I would be amiss, however, to try and do away with them. Governments, Religions, Money, Technology. All give power, and all can be misused.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Stop insulting their religion and give us valid points, you are being a dog plain and simple. They do not have a devolved sense of morality in some countries. Profanity nudity sex and violence are not global mainstreams of entertainment. I'd also watch your damned tongue when speaking about myths and religion. Myths are believed to be false or exaggerated stories, Religion is commonly believed to be real by followers of the faith. Honestly worry less about others and more about yourself.

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
    Last edited by Jon; 2012-08-22 at 01:45 PM.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Something tells me that a lot of people will find your statement quite offensive as well.
    I am sorry, how is my post offensive at all?? I am not giving an opinion i am stating fact...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    To me personally a man in the sky guiding everyone's destiny is as real as dragons are and I pity those who are too hypocritical to believe one thing is possible and not the other. The number of people who believe it is irrelivent.

I have a great quote in mind (I don't personally condemn the idea of religion but this quote is good for proving the point above) "When a child has an imaginary friend they're cute, when an Adult has an imaginary friend they're insane, when a group of adults have the same imaginary friend its religion"
    Heck, I'd say that dragons are closer to being real than any Divine being. Just look at any dead dinosaur really...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Man, its actually really saddening that the majority of you people are blaming it on Islam and insulting the Qur'an and the Shii'ee community. If you actually do this over a game, I feel sorry for anyone you interact with in real life. I mean really? Insulting more then 1 billion peoples belief over a game? OP if this is such a problem to you and you cant stop why not just get a VPN like the people in this thread said? Or you can simply move to another country/
    I don't think the majority are insulting any communties, however the majority are "insulting" religion itself. There's no nice way of putting it.

I listen to all these complaints about rudeness and intemperateness, and the opinion that I come to is that there is no polite way of asking somebody: have you considered the possibility that your entire life has been devoted to a delusion? But that's a good question to ask. Of course we should ask that question and of course it's going to offend people. Tough.

--Daniel Dennett
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    I am sorry, how is my post offensive at all?? I am not giving an opinion i am stating fact...
    I'll just qoute ZenX on this one: "Not necessarily. For them they share different deities. For example, in Christianity there is the Trinity in which is respected and defined as the divine embodiment. However, to deem so in Islam would be considered a sacrilege and a sin"

They are different dieties, and I've known a few muslims who'd be VERY offended if you claimed that the Christian God is the same as the Muslim God (Granted they also found evolution very VERY offensive....)

15+ Year Old Account
    This is why we can't have nice things. You guys didn't even make it past the first page before this turned into a discussion on religion
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right