Chaos Orbs - What should be done?

What should be done with Chaos Orbs

I cant seem to be able to get rid of them

Nobody is crafting now that the xpac is almost over i have tons of them and i cant vendor them

Should blizz do what they did in wrath and be able to buy stuff with them volatiles maybe even enchanting mats patts etc

or are they gonna sit in my bankalts gbank gathering dust?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-08-22 at 02:32 PM.

Make cloth and Illusion Bags? These should still sell, even when MoP arrives with the new bags.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    How many do you have?
    What satori said.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Make cloth and Illusion Bags? These should still sell, even when MoP arrives with the new bags.
    Ive been burned too many times with those bags but i see what your saying if i sell them for way way under price i could make some kinda profit

Deleted
    very very good stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Ive been burned too many times with those bags but i see what your saying if i sell them for way way under price i could make some kinda profit
    Definitely go the Illusionary bag way. you will be able to craft the bags at cloth price.

It takes 16 stacks of cloth to make one bag. So figure out the cost of embersilk on your server and if you are truly just trying to unload your chaos orbs, sell the bags for something over the cost of the embersilk.

Deleted
    bags is one thing the [andas will be wanting.

Its crazy right now, mat costs on my server for the bags is about 3000 to 3400 gold, and there are numerous bags on the AH for 2000 to 2500... So I too am looking for something to do with the 100 or so orbs that I have... but bags just are not an option right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgmental View Post
    Its crazy right now, mat costs on my server for the bags is about 3000 to 3400 gold, and there are numerous bags on the AH for 2000 to 2500... So I too am looking for something to do with the 100 or so orbs that I have... but bags just are not an option right now.
    Oh I wish someone was unloading them on my server - 60-90g each is not cheap lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure what realm you are on ,but Chaos orbs are always on buyouts ,even now since bags are needed. I would advise waiting til 5.0 if you want to take a bit more advantage ,since tailors will be makeing bags etc ,like crazy.

Again it can depend on the server.

Are bags gonna be a big seller with shared mounts and most people having access to travellers tundra mount etc

this has always put me off making those 26slot bags like i said ive been burned so many times on them

i know 16-20 slot bags will sell but anything after that is a white elephant imho

but i guess if choas orbs are gonna collect dust then maybe bags are the only option
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-08-22 at 04:33 PM.

Make the bags for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tillis View Post
    Make the bags for yourself?
    All my alts are sporting full bag capacity lol

Unless blizz comes up with something to do with chaos orbs i guess bags is the only logical choice

With monks rolling out in 5 weeks, bags are a sound choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are unable to sell them on the AH and have no wish to craft bags or anything else with them, rejoice, because as far as I remember from my brief time in the beta, they will be sellable to vendors for some gold come 5.0, much like Frozen Orbs and Primal Nethers can. 6 gold per orb, according to Wowhead.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-22 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Bags are really the only viable option to get rid of chaos orbs going forward. You may have more luck with profiting off this once MoP is actually released, but I wouldn't expect anything to make a killing for you at this point in time.

If you'd rather not make bags you can try trading Chaos Orbs for another item that is equal price now but will skyrocket in Mists. I know several people trading Inferno Ink for the lesser Inks, because it saves them money. While using those Inferno Inks now to make Etched Horns to DE is the most profitable, come Mists those lesser Inks will make glyphs that will sell very very well.

I can't particularly think of something to trade for Chaos Orbs now, but you know your server better than I do.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been stocking up so far I have about 300 orbs with a little over 1000 bolts of embersilk and over 300 volatile lifes and already have 32 dream cloth ready to go for release day.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 03:11 PM ----------

another thing stock up on potion of treasure finding .. I have been getting about 20 stacks of cloth an hour with the potion
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Bags. On my server orbs are still high priced just because of bags.

Chances are they are going to hold their value well just because of the bags.