Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Harrison Jones Spotted in MoP?

Just wondering if anyone has found Harrison Jones in MoP,

Seems like a win-win if give him some quests,

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really hope not. He already ruined one great zone, why would we want him to do it again ?

10+ Year Old Account

So far, Lorewalker Cho leads us through the history of Pandaria, with a heck of a lot of dignity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah not every single explorer needs to be there >.> , Haveing Nesingwary is enough (Even though I missed him lol).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Jones is staying in Uldum, as is Brann Flakes.

Instead we have Lorewalker Cho, who is a lot more interesting.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Dr. Jones is staying in Uldum, as is Brann Flakes.

Instead we have Lorewalker Cho, who is a lot more interesting.
    Brann is in Pandaria actually ,hes in the place where you turn in you archeology finds. (And Cho is there aswell.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Brann is in Pandaria actually ,hes in the place where you turn in you archeology finds. (And Cho is there aswell.)
    So long as he doesn't narrate anymore dungeons we'll be good.

If he's in Pandaria I hope we inadvertently kill him.

NO MORE MEME AND POPCULTUREREFERENCEZONES EVER HUZZAH!

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    After completing all the cata zones *15 times i'm rather sick of him...be it swinging from ancient statues to fighting with nazi goblins -.-'

Its bad enough that he ruined Uldum, I hope a pandaren kicks him to the moon (inb4 kicking to the moon is childish!!! and so are pandaren!!!)
    Last edited by McNeil; 2012-08-22 at 04:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    After completing all the cata zones *15 times i'm rather sick of him...be it swinging from ancient statues to fighting with nazi goblins -.-'
    That's really the thing there. It was cute the first time or two.

But I've leveled all 10 classes to 85 and suffered through it over and over to get that decent trinket (for a fresh 85 in greens) at the end of Schnottz' chain, and also did it on a handful of my wife's characters. What made it worse was that you couldn't skip the damn cutscenes.

At least when he was in Grizzly Hills during Wrath, it was such a small little bit and not such a huge majority of the zone, it was just a nice change up. In Uldum, it was a bit much.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2012-08-22 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

NO MORE MEME AND POPCULTUREREFERENCEZONES EVER HUZZAH!

Your playing the wrong game my friend, It is pretty hard to do two quests in a row that don't have some sort of real life/pop cultural reference. I highly doubt that is going to change with MoP

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope not. He already ruined one great zone, why would we want him to do it again ?
    This SO much. Questing with him in Uldum was like a really bad joke that went on far too long.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sickened to see so much Harrison Jones hate here! Poor guy, Uldum is my favourite zone and i think he is exactly the type of person who should be there!

Hm, seems i'm the only one who actually liked the Harrison Jones quests then (maybe a bit too many of them), made a nice change from cultists, elementals and drunkard dwarves, IMO

harrison jones was fun if he had like a side quest chain or some small parts in teh main deathwing quest line.....but the role they gave him made him like jar jar binks....

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Hm, seems i'm the only one who actually liked the Harrison Jones quests then (maybe a bit too many of them), made a nice change from cultists, elementals and drunkard dwarves, IMO
    That's the thing though, a few quests here and there is okay. Turning Uldum into a stupid Indiana jones rip off took away from the zone. It wasn't about Uldum anymore it was about a joke character...

I really loved the harrison jones quests. Kind of sucks if he's not back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    That's the thing though, a few quests here and there is okay. Turning Uldum into a stupid Indiana jones rip off took away from the zone. It wasn't about Uldum anymore it was about a joke character...
    ^ This

I'd have loved for the Tol'Viron lore to be the centre of attention, with their struggle against Al'Akir, their own brethren turning against them via removing the Curse of Flesh and therefore allying with Deathwing....there could've been so much more to dig into, but no, all they got was like 30-40% of the zones' quests MAX., the rest of it was just a joke with Indiana Jones.
    Srsly, he even got the main questlines with the rewards at the end.

What started out great, if you just concentrated on the Tol'Viron quests, turned into lame shit shortly afterwards -- who need Indiana Jones for 60%+ of a zone, fighting against nazi-goblins? Uldum is such a great zone, and I will only remember the good parts of it, trying to forget everything else that is taking place there....
    Last edited by mmoc51c778c914; 2012-08-22 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has found Harrison Jones in MoP,

Seems like a lose-lose if give him some quests,
    I fixed that for you. Unless the quests involve killing him in painful, embarrassing ways.

Harrison' Jones quests were worse than the tuber quest in Shadowmoon Valley. I do the Tol'Vir side of Uldum on my characters and skip Harrison Jones with his cheesy references and his awful cutscenes.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2012-08-22 at 05:16 PM.