Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Free WoW Battlechest for D3 players?

Got this email from blizzard yesterday:

It's not a scam as I already tried the key and it works

Did anyone else get this aswell, Or is it just me? I haven't heard anything about it from blizz.

I didn't get one, but then again I already have WoW on my Bnet account, so...yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

My brother got one today so might be real

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming its for diablo 3 and sc2 players that don't have WoW attached to their battle.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Not really surprised, they are selling it for $5 atm so just trying to hook some people over christmas break

Nice lil offer for Diablo3 players who have never tried WoW. Its good marketing from Blizzard and a great way to try and expose their other franchises to the gamerbase who might not have tried it without the offer.

The cynic in me also see this as another way for Blizzard to "fudge" the subscriber numbers for the end of year quarterly figures, that will be announced in the next shareholders report. All these people who take up the offer will be classed as a subscriber whilst in there first 30 days free month even if they find they are not interested in the game after playing it for a day.

This leads to the expected back and forth on the forums from the fanboys shouting down the naysayers that the game has still got 7 billion players (yes every person on the planet now plays WoW) and its not dead. Followed by the naysayers responding in kind to the fanboys showing that the figures are not an accurate representation of the actual playerbase due to all these marketing tricks Blizzard pulls just before a quarterly period ends, to artifically boost the numbers above and beyond what the normal operating figures are, and thus promoting consumer confidence in their product.

Does that come with any free game time or is it just the game added to your account for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Does that come with any free game time or is it just the game added to your account for free?
    1 month of gametime is included aswell.

It includes the free 30 days of game time*

However the lil * would denote the normal tiny script writing at the bottom which points to their normal policy of "a credit card is required where your card details are taken down before you can access the game. You will be billed automatically once the 30 days are up and become a monthly subscriber. To not be billed you would have to unsubscribe your account during the first month prior to the recurring monthly payment being taken." or something to that effect.

Same song on my end. I got this email too and it is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post

However the lil * would denote the normal tiny script writing at the bottom which points to their normal policy of "a credit card is required where your card details are taken down before you can access the game. You will be billed automatically once the 30 days are up and become a monthly subscriber. To not be billed you would have to unsubscribe your account during the first month prior to the recurring monthly payment being taken." or something to that effect.
    Yea figured as much, yet another way to ensure subs are boosted with just a few weeks to the end of the quarter. It's a discussion for another thread but it's just another marketing trick to make wow look healthier than it is on paper

<snip> ...it's just another marketing trick to make wow look healthier than it is on paper
    Pretty much what I was hinting at in my first post on this thread.

Actually you don't have to add CC details, I just canceled at that stage on my second D3 account where I didn't have WoW originally, I'm sure it will count as a subscriber anyway but no CC is required.

Pretty much what I was hinting at in my first post on this thread.
    Not to necro.. but just wanted to point out that this is wrong. Blizzard does not include players who are within their free month as ´subscribers´. They state this directly in their financial reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Not to necro.. but just wanted to point out that this is wrong. Blizzard does not include players who are within their free month as ´subscribers´. They state this directly in their financial reports.
    Blizzard would disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    World of Warcraft’s Subscriber Definition
    World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules.
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...tml?id=2443926
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions.

^ does that not indicate this type of "promotion" aka, we offer you 30 days for free? Or am I confused by that sentence there?
    a Key word that you highlighted, as those who have "PURCHASED" the game, are within their free month of access, AKA they bought the game?

did you read before posting?
    Last edited by Drdizzy; 2013-01-20 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdizzy View Post

^ does that not indicate this type of "promotion" aka, we offer you 30 days for free? Or am I confused by that sentence there?
    a Key word that you highlighted, as those who have "PURCHASED" the game, are within their free month of access, AKA they bought the game?

Yeah, what Drdizzy said. I started making a long, explanatory post about business marketing and how, to be applicable for a fiscal overhead or data analysis, some form (Hard copy or subscription, micro transaction etc.) of purchase of goods/service HAS to have taken place or it'd be against regulations to include them. That's the simplified version, hope it'll be enough since I'm too tired to write my usual long posts and it'd most likely fall to deaf ears anyways =)

Have a great night!

- Kasperio.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-20 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdizzy View Post

They only give you the game, same as if you where given the box in a store, and it comes with 30d game time that will be counted as if you had bought the box.

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    I'm assuming its for diablo 3 and sc2 players that don't have WoW attached to their battle.net.
    I have D3 and SC2 attached, no WoW, no email.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    I have D3 and SC2 attached, no WoW, no email.
    No idea if it's valid still but should be in your account management, mail or no mail.