Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 16016, Blue Posts, WoW 75% Off, Blizzard Games News

Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 16016
    A new beta build will be deployed on beta realms soon. We will be updating these notes frequently, so keep checking back!

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Death Knight (Forums)
    Frost
    • Frost Strike now does 105% weapon damage, down from 110%.
    • Icy Talons now grants 20% melee attack speed, down from 25%.
    • Obliterate now does 230% weapon damage, down from 240%.

Hunter (Forums)
    Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot now does 280% ranged weapon damage, up from 260%. Additional damage increased by 15%.
    • Chimera Shot now does 210% ranged weapon Nature damage, up from 200%. Additional damage increased by 17%.

Survival

Mage (Forums)
    • Ice Lance damage and SP scaling increased by 5%.

Fire
    • Combustion now does 1,040 Fire damage, down from 4,163 + 300.0% of SP.
    • Pyroblast damage and SP scaling increased by 33%.

Rogue (Forums)
    • Sinister Strike damage reduced by 6%. Additional damage was reduced to 145% of your normal weapon damage, down from 155%.

Assassination
    • Dispatch now does 400% weapon damage, down from 450%. Additional damage was reduced by 11%.

Combat

Subtlety
    • Sanguinary Vein now causes you to deal 20% additional damage to targets afflicted by your Rupture, Garrote, or Crimson Tempest, down from 25%.

Warrior (Forums)

Arms
    • Mortal Strike now does 185% weapon damage, up from 175%. Additional damage increased by 12%.
    • Overpower now does 120% weapon damage, up from 115%.

Fury
    • Raging Blow now does 215% weapon damage, down from 235%.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Patch 5.0.4 Download Size
    The update is going to be quite large and the background downloader should already be preparing you for the 29 of August. It will be approximately 6GB in size and will include all of the Mists of Pandaria content including Talents, Glyphs and stats.

You will need to wait for the release of Mists of Pandaria to play Pandaren and you must upgrade your account to play a monk.

The 21GB download is only if you are doing a completely fresh installation. If you are patching to 5.0.4 from the current patch then it is a great deal smaller, approximately 6GB. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Reward Currencies: Conversions, 5.0.4, & You!
    Can you continue earning JP/HP if you pass the soft cap of 4000. Remember, HARD CAP was removed (and that will only be from August 28 - September 25) since Valor and Conquest will convert to their lesser forms and any excess will go over the cap?

The second question is currency conversion. When 5.1 drops (which is probably MoP), will we keep some JP/HP and have excess converted to gold; will all of it be converted to gold; or will no conversion happen?

Yes, starting August 28, you can earn as much as you want, since there’s no cap at all on the Justice and Honor currencies from that day, until September 25. With Mists of Pandaria, the caps will be applied, and players will be reduced to 4000 Honor and 4000 Justice – any excess points will be converted on September 25 to gold at the rates described before.

Are they seriously going to remove conquest points from regular BGs? One of the best changes in cata, and they're already going to take it away?
    Nope! There are no plans to remove Conquest from the Random Daily Battleground. We agree that it was a great change!

What will be the conversion rate? Is it 1:1? or is it 2:1?
    On September 25, excess Honor over the cap will be converted at a rate of 35 silver per point, and excess Justice over the cap will be converted at a rate of 47 silver per point.

Conquest points will be converted to Honor Points with patch 5.0.4. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR Feedback
    It would be useful if we could form a guild group and set our own loot rules, essentially the same process we use in norm/heroic.
    Within LFR, boss loot is handled on a per-player basis using the new system, regardless whether you queued as a full group or used the matchmaking features. You should still be able to change the loot method you use to handle any drops from the non-boss creatures in the instance if you are a full premade, but the boss system is hardcoded. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

150 Mount Achievement Update
    I've discussed this a bit with Cory Stockton (Mumper). There won't be a new mount achievement with the launch of Mists of Pandaria, though we'll consider adding one in patch 5.1. We agree that it's probably time to set a new bar for mount collectors. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Account Wide Feedback for PvP Mounts
    I don't mind being called out on this. I didn't abandon anything, but I did get caught up in other tasks and didn't get back to you all like I had intended. I apologize for that. It wasn't my intention at all. (Yes, I'm a community manager, not a developer (and a she just for clarity's sake).)

I've been working behind the scenes a lot lately with the team to get more information out to everyone on a variety of things as well as getting ready for the Mists of Pandaria launch, but I don't intend that to be an excuse.

A few things just to be clear on the PvP mounts and what I know.

There was a period of time in the beta in which some PvP mounts were erroneously showing that they couldn't be given/used on other characters. This was a bug that should have been corrected. That bug did not apply to the Gladiator Mount or the Rated Battleground Mount.

The decision on the Gladiator Mount or Rated Battleground Mounts hasn't changed. The developers still want these to be character specific as they apply to that particular class and season.

While I didn't respond again, I definitely did carry the feedback to the team. Other PvP mounts you get outside of those should be account-wide as it was originally intended to work that way within the beta.

That all said, I have no doubt that the developers will continue to assess whether or not this is something they want to change in the future, but this is how it's working for now.

I do appreciate everyone that took their time to share their feedback whether it was in those threads, twitter, or even via email (yes I got some.)

Just of note, if there are particular mounts (beyond the Gladiator and Rated Battleground mount) that you're concerned about, feel free to post and let us know. We can always look into them to make sure everything is working "as intended".

I know it wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but it's what I have for you at this time. We always reserve the right to change our minds though, so while the answer today is "no" on those mounts, you never know what could happen in the future.

Believe it or not, we have a lot of people here who love PvP as well (I'm one of them), so while we may not always agree on what that means, please do know we do in fact care about it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

75% OFF World of Warcraft – This Week Only
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Prepare for Pandaria with epic savings! This week only, you can get the World of Warcraft Battle Chest for $5, Wrath of the Lich King for $5, and Cataclysm for $10 when you buy directly from Blizzard. That’s 75% off the regular prices, making this a great time to set yourself up for the imminent launch of Mists of Pandaria… or to invite a friend to join you in Azeroth.

Hurry, this offer ends August 27, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

Blizzard Games News
    Diablo's effort to keep people interested grows into some unique systems, Mega Bloks and World of Warcraft team up, WoW Invitationals, and Gamescom Cosplay in this weeks Blizzard News.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-23 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even see this new on the front page.

Anyway they are fast at releasing builds ,even if it's only numbers tuning now.

OT: Lol first
    Last edited by Xanda; 2012-08-23 at 02:11 AM.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Balance i so close. I can almost taste it.

Deleted
    How about we make all outdated expansion packs free?

They can retain the subscription fees and the most recent expansion but everything else is just a massive barrier of entry.

I really need to stop reading these posts. Every time I look, Rogue, Mage, DK, and Shaman numbers go down... at least for the specs I use.

more frost dk nerfs, gg. Why nerf a already sub-par class? we're nowhere near top.

Can we get some Ele buffs...?

Pretty please? ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

They can retain the subscription fees and the most recent expansion but everything else is just a massive barrier of entry.
    To be fair, they already made BC included for free. I'm hoping that there is a new $20 battle chest that includes WOTLK or Cataclysm soon, but having to buy 4 boxes to get the full game is a bit extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

They already made BC free and this deal nets you all current expansions for $20. If that is a barrier for some people, then they forgot they have to do $15 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted on the feedback page of the main website as the 1st forum capped.

BTW, anyone see that nerf to Combustion, oh wait it happened and it came with a price, Ice Lance got buffed; FFS.

No news on the glaring issues of the never ending assault from the Shaman community with the demand that Shocks being pulled from their shared CD, again something I posted about the glaring old mechanics that Shamans are still tied down to. So far, 70% of the crap I have told blizzard has come true, so maybe they realized that if they don't do Shamans right now, more sub lost will come.

BTW, GW2 people will have fun in 3 days. GL/HF, I won't play it right away, but my cousin will and I think he will have some fun. Also, almost that time for the new patch, get your DL done and also GL/HF as PvP will be horrible with healers never losing any mana and Rogues will stay at 100% with 1 recoup.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 08:59 PM ----------

Last edited by Thalais; 2012-08-23 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope this fixes how disgustingly ridiculous fire mages were in PvP with combust.

Boo. No word on SPriest DoTs buff. We seem fine now at 85, but come level 90 we're gonna be so bad at damage :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Hope this fixes how disgustingly ridiculous fire mages were in PvP with combust.
    Don't get too excited, remember Ghostcrawler is a mage, mages will be OP in all aspects come MoP, PvE, PvP, you name it. I have already seen them in action on the beta, revive this post come MoP and I'll be the first one to say to you; Told you so.

Fucking disgusting how he can get away with it just because he plays a mage and he has the final say.

Mark my words
    Last edited by soliddevil; 2012-08-23 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    Don't get too excited, remember Ghostcrawler is a mage, mages will be OP in all aspects come MoP, PvE, PvP, you name it. I have already seen them in action on the beta, revive this post come MoP and I'll be the first one to say to you; Told you so.

Fucking disgusting how he can get away with it just because he plays a mage and he has the final say.

Mark my words
    Ghostcrawler's idea of balance has always been mages on top, he saw demo locks above them and made up some mastery bug nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pico looks amazing in her still shot for once
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    more frost dk nerfs, gg. Why nerf a already sub-par class? we're nowhere near top.
    Its more like, "zomg, you guys kill boss too fast, we have to nerf the damage every class every spec, so boss become harder."
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Deleted
    Thank god combustion got brought back in line, i cant believe im so happy to see the damage moved to pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Thank god combustion got brought back in line, i cant believe im so happy to see the damage moved to pyro.
    agreed, i was "two shot" by a pyroblast and combustion yesterday with 4300 resil
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Yep, €5 for Battle Chest and Wrath. It's for those who want to RAF for Monk levelups Blizz isn't NOT going to let them get r1st 90 so yeah.

Deleted
    why the hell combat rogues getting so damn nerf every patch??? cmon blizz