Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Can't download the GW2 client.

Hi

So I've done a format on my computer, or whatever it's called, and I'm trying to download the Guild Wars 2 client again. I went to account management and downloaded the file "Gw2Setup", but when I launch the setup the launcher pops up and after a few seconds I get the message "Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again."

Well. I have internet. I tried launching the setup file as admin. Has anybody else had the same problem?

Go into ur virus software and allow GW2 setup Sounds like it's being blocked tbh.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have done that too, put it in the list of applications and chose "allow for all" in the firewall settings. I'll restart the computer and see if it just hasn't taken effect yet. Brb.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 02:48 AM ----------

Welp. That didn't work. But I disabled the firewall and that worked, so it was definately the firewall. Just wonder why the allow didn't work.

Deleted
    When I try to download, it loads, then it resets and the closes itself o.o

If you have AVG it's a problem with AVG. You can't allow the program but you have to actually disable AVG.

Deleted
    I've disabled all my anti virus and firewall stuff. I get a launcher that loads 10k kb, then it reloads and I get a pop up asking for me to grant it permission, then it resets to 0kb and closes itself

EDIT: Nvm, it didn't work with firefox or chrome. i tried IE and it worked lol :-\
    Last edited by mmoc07a213e360; 2012-08-23 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    I've disabled all my anti virus and firewall stuff. I get a launcher that loads 10k kb, then it reloads and I get a pop up asking for me to grant it permission, then it resets to 0kb and closes itself

EDIT: Nvm, it didn't work with firefox or chrome. i tried IE and it worked lol :-\
    That's very strange cause I just download it right now with firefox.

I think someone had the same issue :O I think he deleted everything and redownloaded the .exe changed folder etc. Try that.

Get on it man! Not long to go now! Sucks the game comes out the day of my best mates 21st, ehh decisions!