Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    You seem to think you got banned because you mis-used the function once or twice. I'm convinced, even more so after reading the thread, that you have mis-used it often while being an ass about it and also had other things on your name/account. THey have some serious restrictions in place before you are eligible for this ban, and if I see people asking why they didn't get banned with 35-40% reports overall then these restrictions are very high. I report players every game, seriously. I always make sure to enter some motivation and make sure the report is warranted. I might say "I'm reporting you for ... (usually verbal abuse)" in game, but I never say "omfg noob report feeder". All these things make a big difference. I am by no means a very calm person, I just keep it to myself.
    I daresay over 90% of the bans handed out will be justified, and your post really screams to me that you are in the category of the majority, and thus at fault.

Sentences like these make me so sure: "I feel like I should flame now instead of being calm, what I am most of the time, and think I should not be banned for that, but those, who report me should be banned."
    You are wrong. When I said I am going to report someone I did it as you did, and you can see when you overview my old posts, that I already mentioned I want a ban for people that cry for reports ingame etc, you can see it, almost two months ago, to prove I hate it too.

But you simply dont uderstand my opinion, why should I be a good guy when I get banned for reporting bad guys, that are really flaming hard, really feeding intentionally (which means only buying boots etc) or reporting guys that strictly act against the codex? Why shall I help the commnity becoming better? Why have I done my 15 cases in the tribunal every day? Why do I waste my time for this, when I got punished for trying to help?

When I report guys I also write something to make them understand why I reported them. And I do not report guys in every game, maybe every third game when someone played really bad, but did not feed intentionally, then he gets the Bad Player report to get his hidden ELO down because this hidden ELO was simply too high for him. Those Easy reports may come in every eight game. So that are 2-3 reports in 5 games. Included the non-tribunal reports.

And I did not react toxic, or to be honest, in very rare situations when someone flamed that hard. And that is a normal reactions. I see it in the tribunal, every day.

I wait for my more accurate report now and we'll see...but there are presented players that flame in every game and report their whole team in almost every game...they got no ban...that is really wierd...there cannot be a conept behind these

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Wait wait wait! So you say you don't see some guy playing bad like every second game?
    There is on big thing here, this thing is not even for tribunal, but wait there is even more. By reporting bad players you actually HELP them, and other people too. Lowering their MM value will place them with stronger players (hopefully) and will allow them to get better without getting steamrolled.
    If you're talking about randomly reporting everyone in the game, then pardon. But can't see how it's bad to report unskilled people often.
    I highlighted a little something because it caught my eye. Just like Soulslaver I've not yet played LoL at all yet. But I was thinking about it since some friends of mine do... But am I expected to be reported simply for the fact that I am a ~new~ and ~totally unskilled~ player? I mean, seriously being reported for not knowing what to do and when to do it yet? That kind of behaviour is really going to drive away potential new talent.

It's enough to know that it might happen that I will be getting abuse for the crime of being new that I'm already coming back on my decision to give it a go. I mean, I play my games for fun, and getting flak for not rolling into a new game completely proficient is not my definition of fun. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I highlighted a little something because it caught my eye. Just like Soulslaver I've not yet played LoL at all yet. But I was thinking about it since some friends of mine do... But am I expected to be reported simply for the fact that I am a ~new~ and ~totally unskilled~ player? I mean, seriously being reported for not knowing what to do and when to do it yet? That kind of behaviour is really going to drive away potential new talent.

It's enough to know that it might happen that I will be getting abuse for the crime of being new that I'm already coming back on my decision to give it a go. I mean, I play my games for fun, and getting flak for not rolling into a new game completely proficient is not my definition of fun. :/
    Do not understand this wrong. There is just a hidden ELO (a ranking, a matchmaking system) in which you are. When you are reported as a bad player (as which you may be at the beginning, because everyone is bad at the beginning) you only go down in that hidden elo, and that is good for everyone. The players with more experience do not have to play with new guys that merely don`t understand a lot of things and just have to try more longer while you, as a new players, dont have to play against better players that just have way more experience.

YOu wont get punished if you are reported for that because you did nothing wrong. You are only new to a game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 09:37 AM ----------

So, I got an answer, and I am laughing my ass off

In your 1156 games you have reported 355 people. You have issued reports in about 20% of all of your games (the average is roughly 5-8%). When dealing with
    That in and of itself wouldn't be a problem except that a very large percentage of these reports are inaccurate. Some stats:

- You have 15 different games where you reported every other player on your team (most of these were full premades)
    - Of these reports, a minimum of 50% of them are false (the criteria we did this)
    - You are reported in 91 (~8%) of your games (5-8x the average)
    So, you still think these bans have a concept or are farily made?
    I only report one player in every fourth game, I only got reported in 8% of my games (most of these for 100% because of "feeding" when I had a bad round), and 50% false reports are because the tribunal cases are done by players with their own opinion (btw, there is a nice thread in the official forum where players show how many cases were not punished even when people flamed very hard)....these bans are inaccurate and wrong!

Have to call now, this will be nice

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:48 AM ----------

So, got unbanned and 1200 Riot Points for being banned. Just a damn joke by RIOT, their system is a major fail
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2012-08-24 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    But I was thinking about it since some friends of mine do... But am I expected to be reported simply for the fact that I am a ~new~ and ~totally unskilled~ player? I mean, seriously being reported for not knowing what to do and when to do it yet? That kind of behaviour is really going to drive away potential new talent.
    I don't even think he is notified, the function states that it improves matchmaking for the player, so in fact by reporting him, you lower his value so that he is playing more favorable matchups. Sometimes it just happens that system fails in lucky or unlucky streaks, so you can help to correct it faster without having him to lose that many games again.
    It's not like the function is to punish anyone, just to correct some factors. I think it's not really bad thing if you are new and system places you with a bit more advanced players to be reported back to new players if you can't hold.

In my opinion if people used this thing instead of "feeding, assisting, flaming..." both game and tribunal would be much nicer place.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2012-08-24 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Riot is one of the worst companies ive ever bought a game off, and yes I do have EA games. Riots staff are the most useless underpayed people in customer support, they arent allowed to discuss bans meaning they dont give a shit about you, the customer. Many people I know have been banned without a reason, just some stupid passive agressive email.

Yet the customer support dont even care enough to explain to you why you got banned, or let you appeal it.

One example is that I got banned for hacking or something, I didnt think this was possible in LoL so I investigated, only hack I know of is the RP one, and Its plainly obvious I didnt do that because they would have logs of my RP, ive only ever spent around £40 on that game in total. That was a fun 7 day ban that they fucked up and were too obnoxious to admit to.

Then as per usual my friends occasionally get banned, one guy I know got banned for intentionally feeding, not one of his games in a week was at the point were it was even close to feeding, hes in a high ELO and a team aswell so hes obviously not a bad player.

In any case Riot have no clue how to fix their playerbase and the Tribunal is obviously not a step forward, nor is blind ignorance and ignoring your customers when they ask for help or clarification.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 02:19 PM ----------

The most enjoyable thing about reading this, is that all the paladins of morality posting above you now look like total morons for blindly protecting their game.

Good thing you didn't buy League of Legends.

And the 2nd part...I've had tribunal cases where the date was a month or two before when I was judging it. Getting banned doesn't mean that you did something in the past week or even the past two weeks, the tribunal and the bans that come along with it take time and you can get banned for flaming months after the fact.
    Last edited by cherb; 2012-08-24 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Good thing you didn't buy League of Legends.

And the 2nd part...I've had tribunal cases where the date was a month or two before when I was judging it. Getting banned doesn't mean that you did something in the past week or even the past two weeks, the tribunal and the bans that come along with it take time and you can get banned for flaming months after the fact.
    Alright, I'll bite into what you responded to. I totally agree. Tommo is probably completely wrong in saying that they have terrible support, as you can appeal your bans, they send you an email saying why you were banned. If it has taken you this much time to FINALLY figure out that people don't enjoy playing with you, (through the ban) then you shouldn't be playing anymore. I've seen some INCREDIBLY hateful things said in the Tribunal, and yeah, the reported isn't always the worst player in the match, but they come pretty close. So odds are, people do deserve these bans, I've even played with some of these people that are so pissed about it, and they ruin the game for everyone else.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    i never played LoL, but with all these mentioned reportings, the game just seems to be a giant douchefest i am not interested in participating in.

seriously, reporting players for being a bad player? wow
    They actually had to make a "report unskilled player" button just to clear the retarded reports away from the actual issues. The worst part is that these people actually think it´s real.

People that complain about being banned always deserve it, not only that they usually have huge egos and are completely delusional when judging their own behavior.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-08-24 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Riot is one of the worst companies ive ever bought a game off, and yes I do have EA games.
    You never heard of Nexon's poor customer service? It make Riot's look decent in comparison.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The funny part is all these people that just constantly bitch and moan but they are playing blind pick. They go in to a blind pick match and expect to see everyone play like the pro match they just saw and can't come close to it themselves. I just left a match that had Miss fortune with Mundo support bot, that got owned by blitz and Caitlyn, and a diana that got owned by yi in middle. I was top lane against Nasus. I never bitched once, just held my lane bought soem wards. I did make a mistake on a tower dive of nasus, and did not hit my ignite button in time, and died at like level 8. Cut to late game and nasus pops his ult and kills 3 people in a team fight and they bitch at me for feeding him. Complete lack of understanding the how other champs work. I did my best to stop his Q farm. No pressure from Warwick who was jungling.

I am proabaly going to be reported by these retards because I snapped at them when they accused me of feeding. When an AD carry and support go 1/6 by 12 min I am not sure what they want. They never warded anything. Not dragon or bot. So i am not sure what they expected.
    And before I get yelled at for going blind pick myself , I like messing around on Rengar and people in draft pick don't want him or throw a fit when u pick him.

Reports should be limited. Once you hit a limit it should be investigated. I you hit a limit of say 20 reports in 3 day, teh problem is you, not the people you are reporting, regardless of what went on. It means you have an un realistic view of how a free game should be played at the level you are trying to play it at.

Some lol players report for no good reason at all. People say, "intentional feeding," I see it all the time, and then they QQ and QQ throughout the game. Riot should be cracking down on this, you should be only reporting the worst players. If the tribunal has to nitpick at every little problem, they wont get anything done.
    Last edited by Seani; 2012-08-25 at 05:09 PM.

People who report normally and for real reasons will never be affected by this.
    Only people who abuse it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    So, you still think these bans have a concept or are farily made?
    I only report one player in every fourth game, I only got reported in 8% of my games (most of these for 100% because of "feeding" when I had a bad round), and 50% false reports are because the tribunal cases are done by players with their own opinion
    Yes, I do.
    First, everyone has bad games. Funny enough the higher your elo hidden or not, the more bad games you are having, since the games get harder and harder as your elo rises. So, everyone has the same amount of bad games as you, there is no sense to deny that. Yet, you are reported 5 times as often, that does ring a bell.
    Second, the tribunal stats lean heavily towards punish. Go search that fancy infographics Riot released somewhere in the beginning of S2. In over 90% cases tribulalers punish their peers. If your reports have less than 50% punish rate, it means something is wrong with them.

The moral is: consider your ban as a warning shot, and you get 1200rp for your troubles. I, for one, wouldn't mind 1200rp for free. However, if you don't change your ways and continue getting five times more reports than normal you will be eventually banned again and again. Good luck.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    People who report normally and for real reasons will never be affected by this.
    Only people who abuse it.
    It`s really funny, you never read this thread.

I got unbanned after being banned and got some nice RIOT Points for that. So I am the prove that the system does not work.

And really, even if someone was a poison in a game AFTER he got flamed hard and defended himself...he or she deserves no ban, when he or she reports after that....but guys like that got banned.

And from what I see, the game did not change, still the same idiots that cry for reports every second game. And it will be even worse when the banned players come back.

In over 90% cases tribulalers punish their peers. If your reports have less than 50% punish rate, it means something is wrong with them.

Wrong, RIOT just mentioned only 55%~ cases result in a punish/ban

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, RIOT just mentioned only 55%~ cases result in a punish/ban
    Maybe.
    But as I said over 90% tribunal votes are "punish". This has nothing to do with personal opinions when dealing with a large amount of reports.

Anyway, the fact you are reported 5 times more than average means you are not a person I'd like to play with.

Deleted
    Talking about raging and bans made me think of SivHD's logic...
    "Think ahead 1 year when you are about to rage... Will this matter in 1 year time from now? Will it? If not you have no reason to rage, it will help"
    Thinking of it made me think... Will playing any game matter in 1 year? NO! In fact not in any good way... It will only make you a less complete person, bad at socializing, or well not in all cases but in most...
    The idea and what he means is fine, but it just made me think...

It`s really funny, you never read this thread.

I got unbanned after being banned and got some nice RIOT Points for that. So I am the prove that the system does not work.

And really, even if someone was a poison in a game AFTER he got flamed hard and defended himself...he or she deserves no ban, when he or she reports after that....but guys like that got banned.

And from what I see, the game did not change, still the same idiots that cry for reports every second game. And it will be even worse when the banned players come back.
    Care to show us some proof?

Because you seem to be the only person in the world to which this happened. Not to mention that you seem to believe you were reported and banned unfairly and probably are just trying to slander Riot.

Deleted
    I posted the e-mails, i can show the screens when i am back from work in 4 hours (love being software designer, spent more time in this forum than working xD)

Sure I reported 2,5 times more often than others (not five, simple math is hard), but as I mentioned before, I report something, that is really against their codex. And so I am in right, when you say "EASY LOL NOOBS" At the end you are reported. Why? Because RIOT says it`s against their rules.
    But lots of people dont report that, because they make it themselves. And others simply never report, because they just play the game. THat lets the numbers drop.

Not to mention that you seem to believe you were reported and banned unfairly and probably are just trying to slander Riot.
    I am not. I just unlike HOW they did it. That they did it is great. As you can see in older posts about two motnhs ago I already said those guys deserve a ban. Why should I type that when I would be someone like this? WOuld be dumb.
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2012-08-27 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Maybe.

[tribunal picture]

But as I said over 90% tribunal votes are "punish".
    That one is old. Lyte posted more recent numbers which are closer to the ~50% punish rate (which, personally, I've yet to see).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That one is old. Lyte posted more recent numbers which are closer to the ~50% punish rate (which, personally, I've yet to see).
    I think that tribunal punishments and actual bans are two different figures. I.e. 90% of cases are punished by tribunal so you'd get 4.5 IP per case if you blindly voted 100% punish, but only 50% of total cases lead to suspensions after Riot staff supervision. At least it appears to be so.

Deleted
    That's another question that came in my head....could it be, that they also banned guys who voted "wrong" in the tribunal?

Because I did the tribunal daily, and for sure there were decisions made that did not come along with mine. Because even RIOT knows the tribunal was lots of weaks.