Deleted

New legendary in MOP

I like the way blizz is planning the legendary quests, but it is kinda not that useful for tanks, any tanks prefer mastery over strentgh, though its different for druids, so i m asking dev's to add a new gem that is 500 mastery along with intellct, agility, strentgh as u planned. thx for the awesome pandas

No point in a 500 Mastery gem when there's not really a tank weapon available. Its also still beta, anything can happen still, even if it is highly unlikely we'll see a legendary.

Str gives parry, or block. something along the lines, and devs more then likely wont read this, you know its a fan site.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard dose not read these forums =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Str gives parry, or block. something along the lines, and devs more then likely wont read this, you know its a fan site.
    str gives parry not block like it used too in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    str gives parry not block like it used too in wotlk
    Yeah, i didnt know, i knew it was one of them. just not which one

If its better than the alternatives (weapons that the new gem cannot be socketed) then I don't have too much of an issue with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strength is much more useful in MoP than now. For one, the Strength to Parry conversion is getting kicked up to match the Agility to Dodge conversion that Bear tanks got. And, correct me if I'm wrong here as I don't play Warrior, but some of their new mitigation is effected quite a bit by AP. I know it boosts Paladin WoGs, heals in general, sacred shield, etc if it has an AP modifier.

If you also consider the way they're treating secondary stat gems, a legendary Mastery gem would be roughly 1000, not 500, which I assume would make things a bit more complicated for -every- class and spec choosing a gem. Just assumption, but it would have a possibility of ending up being the only gem people would want, which I assume is something Blizzard doesn't want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    No point in a 500 Mastery gem when there's not really a tank weapon available. Its also still beta, anything can happen still, even if it is highly unlikely we'll see a legendary.
    2H Axe is perfectly viable for DK-tanks, so is the Agi staff for monks and druids, and the 1H strength for warriors and paladins. As far as I know, tanking weapons won't exist anymore in MoP anyway.

The gem is really lame for tanks... You'd probably be better with a regular weapon that you could gem normally as it would give better survival anyway. (Unless idk, you can put a normal gem in the sha-sockets ? Otherwise, it feels totally meh)

What sucks so much is that this step of the legendary questline is probably going to be mandatory if you intend to progress to the next part (and say, get a real legendary weapon). There's no way the tanks in my guild are going to get any of those gem... My raid lead will always prioritize dps and healers, and he's completely right to do this.

I'd honestly be cool with a stamina gem.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-08-25 at 04:47 AM.

Deleted
    So, since this is the latest thread on the topic, I will use it.

I know there hasn't been any gem added, but there has been any blue topic on the legendary I have missed regarding tanks & legendary? Are they out of the questline already?

PD: Yes, str give parry, 1 str gives a bit less than 1 parry at 90. I don't think str/agi legendary gems are aimed at tanks at all, specially when normal gems give 2:1 secondary to primary stats.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-09-11 at 06:29 PM.

No one even knows what they are going to be. All of the heroic weps right now are fine for a tank. Hell for the most part, most tank took heroic hand in most fights. That was not a tank wep.
    what

Deleted
    I agree that the weapons are more than fine for tanking. The gems, though, aren't. The question then if that would lead to the next steps being not optimal for tanks either. I suppose we will have to wait for an official preview on the legendary... but time's ticking.