Linking Accounts

We have recently encountered errors when manually linking some Guild Wars 2 accounts with Guild Wars accounts. While this error does not affect all accounts, we have had to halt providing this service at this time to prevent any other accounts from being affected by this issue.

Please note, we realize that players are anxious to have their accounts linked so that they can claim their reserved Guild Wars character names and Hall of Monuments rewards. However, do not worry. The account management pages will contain a feature that will allow players to link their accounts as intended. This feature will be available prior to the Headstart events.

Best Wishes,
    Ron
    Guild Wars Support Team
    http://support.guildwars2.com

Does anyone know if this in effect yet?

As of today I can still only change my account name and / or my password. I am going to check my NCSoft account that has the GW1 account.

The only merge was Lineage II and Aion which you could not preform yet. Perhaps we'll see the option to merge the GW accounts later tonight / today, or I am missing something.
    Last edited by Tyur; 2012-08-23 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyur View Post
    As of today I can still only change my account name and / or my password. I am going to check my NCSoft account that has the GW1 account.

The only merge was Lineage II and Aion which you could not preform yet. Perhaps we'll see the option to merge the GW accounts later tonight / today, or I am missing something.
    I mentioned in another thread that when I first set up my account, it clearly showed the GW1 account I had linked. Now, though, it doesn't seem to show me if I have a GW1 account linked. Did you notice this as well? Or did you jump in after they made their account.guildwars2.com site a bit sexier?

I jumped in afterwards. I was hooked on the GW2 after watching a Yogcast and jumped in GW1 to get 30/50 HoM before the release which was unknown back in June. When I did make my GW2 account I already had Aion, and Lineage II and it never merged the three games. *shrug*

Deleted
    A little trick ive found:
    Go to guildwars2.com >account management and change your password.
    Then you go and log in GW1 and if accepted the new password it means the accounts are linked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazaad View Post
    Then you go and log in GW1 and if accepted the new password it means the accounts are linked.
    Awesome find! - Brb checking!

EDIT: I'm linked, thanks a lot! <3
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2012-08-23 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharazaad View Post
    Except you don't have to use the same email/account name to link them. For example, I no longer use the email account I had my GW1 account on, so I use a different "account".