Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    curious if ask mr robot is always correct about gemming. i thought the 480 crit gems were better then the 320 strength, but it has me using the strength ones

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agura/advanced

is my armory

i also have 1500 valor atm, should i buy the 522 ring or something else?
    Askmrrobot is not very reliable from what I've seen, the 480 crit is definitely better to use.

I would probably get the ring since you're pretty far over the expertise cap atm and replace the Seal.

You also are gemming for every socket bonus which is unnecessary. Change the gems in your chest, shoulders, legs, and mainhand to all crit gems. Keep in mind that crit and strength provide very similar dps per rating, so 320 crit is better than almost any crit/str combo that adds up to less than 320. You also want to pick up the Unending Rage Glyph as it is mandatory in avoiding rage capping.
    Last edited by Kurimlinn; 2013-03-28 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    i currently have 31,10% crit and the T15 4setbonus, when i pop reck + skull banner but when i check my crit it's only 61.10% shouldn't this be 96.1% ?

recklessness gives 30% crit chance increase so 61.10% is correct
    dont forget that skull banner increases crit DAMAGE, not crit CHANCE.

Deleted
    actually sorry i get 66.10% crit, which is from using banner and the T15 4setbonus. popping recklessness doesn't show on your summary char as have an extra 30% crit since it's only special attacks that it's applied to right?
    Last edited by mmoc753839e9f4; 2013-04-01 at 12:36 PM.

oh nvm i didnt know the 4set did that lol

Deleted
    curious if ask mr robot is always correct about gemming. i thought the 480 crit gems were better then the 320 strength, but it has me using the strength ones

is my armory

i also have 1500 valor atm, should i buy the 522 ring or something else?
    Askmrrobot is a great tool. It's not always correct.
    Don't forget there's also STR+Crit gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Askmrrobot is a great tool. It's not always correct.
    Don't forget there's also STR+Crit gems.
    It's a terrible tool unless you know enough about warriors to run sim-craft and get stat weghts to plug into ask mr robot already, at which point you don't need it anyway, and are better off using wowrefoge. There are no circumstances I'd ever recommend Askmrrobot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    curious which trinket to replace? just got fabled feather of ji kun

Quote Originally Posted by gordonwu87 View Post
    actually sorry i get 66.10% crit, which is from using banner and the T15 4setbonus. popping recklessness doesn't show on your summary char as have an extra 30% crit since it's only special attacks that it's applied to right?
    Correct. Since Reck only applies to special attacks it won't show on your character summary.

how we dealing with set bonuses this tier, tier chest has red yellow and blue socket, thinks its worth matching sockets or just going full 320 crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    how we dealing with set bonuses this tier, tier chest has red yellow and blue socket, thinks its worth matching sockets or just going full 320 crit?
    As always depends on your own stat weights. It's two non-yellow sockets for a 180 strength bonus, so question is whether 320 crit is worth more to you than 180 strength + 320 mastery, assuming you can convert the hit/expertise on the gems into mastery through reforging. If you can't convert expertise you'd use a str/crit gem instead so it's 320 crit vs 240 strength + 160 mastery. For most gearsets matching socket bonuses on tier chest (where you're basically trading 160 crit for 160 mastery + 90 strength per socket) should work out a gain. Most other socket bonuses still aren't worth it.

Deleted
    Currently im using Primordius trinket and Fabled Feather trinket(tf) but im sitting at like 11.57% hit

With so much excess hit would it be worth switching out the JiKun trinket for say Gaze until I can reduce my hit rating from my other gear or just stay with the increased hit rating for now

I have all the other trinkets from normal, and my armory is in my signature if you need to see

Thanks

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    curious which trinket to replace? just got fabled feather of ji kun

anyone? lol

Deleted
    anyone? lol
    What other trinkets do you have? Armory link has your pvp gear on.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzoo View Post
    What other trinkets do you have? Armory link has your pvp gear on.
    relic of xuen and skullrender medallion

Something has been bugging me and hopefully I've come to the right place to ask.

I've been gearing up a Fury Warrior Alt and have been wondering, why is it potentially bad to bring your hit rating above the special cap? I mean, wouldn't it be better to have more so you could ease out Rage starvation?

I keep plugging my Warrior into sites like AskMrRobot and WoWReforge and each keep telling me to bring my 11% hit down to 7.5%, I'd love to get a detailed answer on this from the community if possible.

Deleted
    You don't get that extra hit for nothing. That extra hit comes at the expense of potential other stats, and it just works out mathematically that the itemisation going into that white hit would give you more dps if it was instead an equivalent amount of other stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Something has been bugging me and hopefully I've come to the right place to ask.

I've been gearing up a Fury Warrior Alt and have been wondering, why is it potentially bad to bring your hit rating above the special cap? I mean, wouldn't it be better to have more so you could ease out Rage starvation?

I keep plugging my Warrior into sites like AskMrRobot and WoWReforge and each keep telling me to bring my 11% hit down to 7.5%, I'd love to get a detailed answer on this from the community if possible.

Hit above cap simply isn't as big a DPS increase. Rage is mainly dumped inside of a CS window when enraged (which you're capped or almost capped going into) so extra rage outside of this is worth far less than it could potentially be worth. It's still useful, but it's way too low compared to other stats.

Our prot warrior went fury for Durumu 10. His DPS was terrible. I don't have an armory to link for you since he logs in tank gear. Wow-heroes doesn't have an up to date fury set recorded for him, either.

Here's a link to our kill log and you can peruse the logs of our wipes at your leisure. What can we do to fix his dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Our prot warrior went fury for Durumu 10. His DPS was terrible. I don't have an armory to link for you since he logs in tank gear. Wow-heroes doesn't have an up to date fury set recorded for him, either.

Here's a link to our kill log and you can peruse the logs of our wipes at your leisure. What can we do to fix his dps?
    Your Warrior doesn't seem to be using Bloodthirst on Cooldown. This considerably affects Enrage uptime, which helps boost the DPS and DPR. I see 45 swings on a 6 minute fight, which seems really low. It would help to know is he's TG or SMF, as that affects the priorities on specials. CS uptime and Rage condensing is really important, as well. Check to see that he's using Special then HS during CS windows.

Also, it seems that he's running both Reck and CS glyphs - is that because he's way over 30% crit in Fury and the only supplier of Physical Vulnerabiltiy in your raid group? Also, why did he use RC on cooldown - is that because it was needed?