Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How do we actually weave HS (or should we?) into our CS window?

BT-CS-HS-RB-HS-RB-HS-BT-HS-RB?

I know HS is off GcD but I don't know whether the finger mash and clutter might actually cause our 3RD RB to fall out of window instead of just doing the above without HS.

Just BT CS RB RB BT RB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    How do we actually weave HS (or should we?) into our CS window?

BT-CS-HS-RB-HS-RB-HS-BT-HS-RB?

I know HS is off GcD but I don't know whether the finger mash and clutter might actually cause our 3RD RB to fall out of window instead of just doing the above without HS.

Just BT CS RB RB BT RB
    You should use as many heroic strikes as possible inside a CS without losing the rage to be able to use Raging Blows (the less rage you have leaving the CS the better), if you find that mashing heroic strike causes you to miss a RB inside the CS then consider Rebinding it.

What do you use for HS? I use two keyboard keys side by side (2 & 3) and just mash them intermittently after CS. Had binded shout to my berserker rage which I have since removed because it cause me to lose one GCD within my CS window.. Suspect that was part of the prob

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    You should use as many heroic strikes as possible inside a CS without losing the rage to be able to use Raging Blows (the less rage you have leaving the CS the better), if you find that mashing heroic strike causes you to miss a RB inside the CS then consider Rebinding it.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-04-22 at 10:06 AM.

Make sure Heroic Strike is on a bind that you can hit while hitting any of your other binds and movement keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Make sure Heroic Strike is on a bind that you can hit while hitting any of your other binds and movement keys.
    Mouse buttons ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have HS bound to the F key. Most of my other main attacks are bound to my mouse buttons (naga FTW) and scroll wheel.

Latest change I've done was to split up key bind for skull banner and recklessness. This is to allow me to banner before DR and reck after CS. Sometimes I do forget still.. But it's something I know I need to do to move next level. I also split my shout from my berserker rage. I still have one macro left which is BB + DR since we always want those two to stack.

I've been also trying hard to stack CDs using PowA. I wonder why they didn't have a 522 on use trinket as proc on use really works well for fury.

Considering to switch JC to Engineering too

Deleted
    does the legendary meta benefit from the SMF buff? AS it seems to be hitting harder when im 1h than 2h :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivor898 View Post
    does the legendary meta benefit from the SMF buff? AS it seems to be hitting harder when im 1h than 2h :S
    I *think* I saw somewhere that it does, but I don't remeber for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Latest change I've done was to split up key bind for skull banner and recklessness. This is to allow me to banner before DR and reck after CS. Sometimes I do forget still.. But it's something I know I need to do to move next level. I also split my shout from my berserker rage. I still have one macro left which is BB + DR since we always want those two to stack.

I've been also trying hard to stack CDs using PowA. I wonder why they didn't have a 522 on use trinket as proc on use really works well for fury.

Considering to switch JC to Engineering too
    you should always have shout and bereserker bind on different keys..

for cooldowns, i got one macro for banner+bb+orc racial then dr, after that reckle... i always use this macro at 120 rage after pull(so prepot, shout, charge, one BT wait 1-1,5gcd, then macro, BT, CS and CS rotation) after that I always use my BB and DR together(i got BB on "4" and DR on "2" so i just press 4-2 together) but I delay it if I have to, so I can use it right before my BT-CS-cs rotation(4-2 BT, CS, RB, BT, RB, RB for example), 1 min after that I use again my BB+DR with CS... then I use BB+racial+DR with my cs rotation and finally after that all my CDs(except orc racial which I used 1 min before, not sure if I should delay it or just use ASAP as I do now)

so basicly all i have is one keybind for racial+bb+banner then DR then reckle universal macro(another one same macro just with potion at the begining - which I use at execute phase), one keybind for BB and one for DR.. when I have more CDs up, I use my all CD macro, when I have only my BB,DR up I use my other two bindings(just in case you are capping rage and want to use BB+CS window and DR after that instead of BB+DR+CS window - thats why I dont have BB+DR macro on one keybind and rather bind it on two different keys)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivor898 View Post
    Yes, it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fantastic guide is being worked on for 5.3 onwards by our dear friend Requiel. Stay tuned.

Deleted
    how are people dealing with execute phases these days?
    are you still saving all your cds before it hits 20%, reck, skullbanner. and using CS then 4x execute, and pooling rage for next CS for execute again?

Deleted
    still strongest gcd ability, so yes ofc

question
    warrior alt, SMF atm, some 500 ilvl gear (would actually love to go arms but i can't get a 2h to drop to save my life)

have the 522 chest from oonwhat'shisface (hit/exp 2 sockets)
    got the 502 tier chest today (haste and exp iirc but 3 sockets), already had 522 pants, I wonder if the 2 set is worth the 20 something ilvl difference, tried it out on a dummy and it procced like once every 30 or 45s? somewhere around that, didn't seem THAT good, but I am no expert on warriors hence rather ask here

Deleted
    Hey just wandering what a Ilvl 511 fury warrior dps should be hitting dps wise?!

Is that 511 ilvls of intellect cloth gear? Yeah I'm being dramatic here but that info is not enough to go on since itemization and weapons play a big role. Secondly it is a redundant question as you can just sim your char with simcraft and get a much more accurate answer than what you're gonna get from rough estimations from forum posters. Still I can tell you this, when I simmed my char at around 510ilvl as SMF, I was between 120-130k on a straight up patchwerk fight.

Deleted
    quick question not sure if the guide is all relevant still but if I follow BT X X BT using CS on cd and RB during CSi often have situations where CS has come off cd just before BT and I would CS or I could delay it slightly and BT first, whats better as atm Im BT first to make sure hopefully im enraged during the CS and will get an extra RB charge to fill the CS debuff

I think the consensus is to delay CS if BT is coming off cd in 1 sec or so, especially if you have 0-1 raging blow stacks and aren't enraged. If let's say you just got an extra enrage from 2piece and are sitting on a fresh enrage + 2 stacks of RB I would rather use CS immediately and have to delay BT a tiny bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    I think the consensus is to delay CS if BT is coming off cd in 1 sec or so, especially if you have 0-1 raging blow stacks and aren't enraged. If let's say you just got an extra enrage from 2piece and are sitting on a fresh enrage + 2 stacks of RB I would rather use CS immediately and have to delay BT a tiny bit.
    ^This info is wrong^

The CS rotation is VERY strict in optimal performance. You ALWAYS BT before CS, and go BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB with a heroic leap+3-4 HS in there. If you have 2 RB when BT is off CD (which should ONLY happen from 2p proc) than you'd RB-BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB.

If you aren't enraged before going into CS phase, you're doing something wrong. If you don't have rage going into a CS phase, you're doing something wrong. If you don't have 1 RB stack before going into CS phase, you're doing something wrong.

Here is how I'd handle a less than perfect phase, where I have 5 seconds on my RB charge, am not enraged, and neither the BT nor CS crit. I'd hit Brage here, RB, BT, RB, RB. That way all 3 RBs are enraged, and I'm guaranteed at least 2 RBs, without ever risking an overwrite of a RB stack. Of course if I'm really unlucky and that 2nd BT doesn't crit, I'm just SOL. Nothing you can do about that. Hit 2 proced WS if you can in that case.

You're going to keep CS on ~21 second CD, although I've heard arguments for 22.5 (Not sure if that holds up anymore w/ higher crit haven't looked.) Basically, BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB-BT-RB-pWS/IV/HT-BT etc. Remember, if the first BT after CS ends crits, you can use that RB right away (while enraged) since there is no way you can keep it for the next CS phase.

Execute CS usage is just BT-CS-X-X-X-X-RB-BT-RB-RB (specially after you have no more CDs up).