Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    what's an optimal opener in regards to getting the most out of reck and bloodbath and RB stacks?
    BT+BR>HT if one RB stack>RB>Reck/SB>BT>BB/DR>CS>burst

That's a rough outline of what I do.

And I'm curious, what are some of the more geared, (490+) warriors, pulling on a raid dummy on 5 minutes of sustained damage? I'm doing about 64-5k and I'm 487. Given you're only self buffed with no potion popping/300 food/flasks.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2012-11-26 at 12:23 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    Our rage gain is balanced around certain buffs (I hate not having melee haste buff) so I wouldn't trust dummies a lot. Just go do Elegon LFR or something, and take a log and use WoL to look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Elegon seems liek a terrible example due to the number of sparks and how little you can affect it. I'd recommend Feng. But I'm about the same on a dummy as you are, as TG with ~484.

I would actually recommend Gara'jal and just stay in the normal realm the entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    I would actually recommend Gara'jal and just stay in the normal realm the entire fight.
    LFR Gara'jal is over too damn quickly. No second recklessness, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    BT+BR>HT if one RB stack>RB>Reck/SB>BT>BB/DR>CS>burst

That's a rough outline of what I do.

And I'm curious, what are some of the more geared, (490+) warriors, pulling on a raid dummy on 5 minutes of sustained damage? I'm doing about 64-5k and I'm 487. Given you're only self buffed with no potion popping/300 food/flasks.
    I'm getting 75k atm, total single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseby View Post
    I'm getting 75k atm, total single target.
    Weapons and ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oseby/advanced pretty geared, I am 486 myself w/ dual Elegions, idk what I'd do on dummy, don't have time to whack it or the inclination to.

Basic question regarding the rotation:
    At the start of the fight, my bloodthirst procs nothing (no bloodsurge, no raging blow), is it worth using wild strikes without the proc? Most of the time it just brings my rage so low Im not able to do much until BT is off CD again. This can happen mid fight too, no procs, pretty low on rage after a burst phase, dragon roar on CD, whats the best to do? Is it worth using Wild Strikes outside the bloodsurge buff at all? I can see it being used when pooling a lot of rage, but otherwise, whats the best to do?

Sounds a bit stupid, but it can be quite bothersome if you just never get those procs and just sit at a pretty low rage, nothing much to do.

Use shout and heroic throw in those bad RNG streaks, if it's fairly close to a CS window it's debatable to skip a GCD.
    Rabsies
    "Just play the game"

If there is no enrage, and you are not ragecapped or near it, it's mandatory to skip a gcd. I am not counting HT/Shout as a gcd filler of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Im doing around 69* to 71k, before I had 2 set bonus from t14, armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Yiris/simple

Not perfect but decent I quess, started playing warrior 1 month before MoP so still having slight problems with warrior(sigh).

I imagine the upgrade priority looks along the lines of this:
    Weapon>Trinket>Tier>Offset>Boots etc.

Given the items are heroic -- in that case, is it better to upgrade a 496 weapon rather than the Xuen trinket?
    [E] I did some math and the DPS gain from Scimitar trumps the Xuen trinket, but the Xuen trinket is closer to BiS for the trinket slot as the 496 Scimitar is 5th or 6th.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2012-11-27 at 06:29 PM.
    Rabsies
    "Just play the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    According to SimC and Requiel's spreadsheet, accounting for the new gem on Sha-touched weapons, as a human my "casual" BiS is actually N Jaws/ N Scimi. The heroic Elegion beats Scimi N by only a small margin on his static values spreadsheet, and my sword expertiese racial pushes Scimi N over H Elegion. Also keep in mind, if you want to progress in Heroics, you need the DPS etc to beat them in the first place, so don't be afraid to use valor on some weapon or trinket that is not BiS.

Plus, I have cooler swords than axes. >.> And don't forget any non hardcore guild with Agi melee DPS is unlikely to let you roll on the Claws of Shek'zeer.

Edit: H Ele to N Scimi is like 1200 DPS loss just off stat weights, unreforged.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-11-27 at 06:41 PM.

Well, I did the math and the weapon has about a 975 dps upgrade (P.S. I'm worgen), and the trinket has a 260.83 dps upgrade.

The weapon crushes the trinket, but that's short term, I could replace the weapon soon, and Xuen is 3rd BiS under the 5.1 trinket with no upgrades, I'd imagine with 484 it'd be better. But progressing on heroics I'll just go for the biggest DPS increase now, and cuss myself out if I replace it.
    Rabsies
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    According to SimC and Requiel's spreadsheet, accounting for the new gem on Sha-touched weapons, as a human my "casual" BiS is actually N Jaws/ N Scimi. The heroic Elegion beats Scimi N by only a small margin on his static values spreadsheet, and my sword expertiese racial pushes Scimi N over H Elegion. Also keep in mind, if you want to progress in Heroics, you need the DPS etc to beat them in the first place, so don't be afraid to use valor on some weapon or trinket that is not BiS.

Plus, I have cooler swords than axes. >.> And don't forget any non hardcore guild with Agi melee DPS is unlikely to let you roll on the Claws of Shek'zeer.

Edit: H Ele to N Scimi is like 1200 DPS loss just off stat weights, unreforged.
    How are Claws compared to the other SMF options?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Oixte of Paragon used or used a Heroic one, and they are only behind Kilrak and Scimitar heroic, but Requiel's spreadsheet has it down as having strength (? maybe it's compensated for somehow, because it actually has Agi) and I know that reg Scimi and Jaws beat normal Claws. I wouldn't recommend bringing it up unless there are absolutely 0 Agi melee in your group, period.

I know Oixte of Paragon used or used a Heroic one, and they are only behind Kilrak and Scimitar heroic, but Requiel's spreadsheet has it down as having strength (? maybe it's compensated for somehow, because it actually has Agi) and I know that reg Scimi and Jaws beat normal Claws. I wouldn't recommend bringing it up unless there are absolutely 0 Agi melee in your group, period.
    We have a Guardian druid in our 10 man team, other than that, no agi melee. So yeah, no competition at all really (monk healer's offspecc maybe but heh).

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Oixte of Paragon used or used a Heroic one, and they are only behind Kilrak and Scimitar heroic, but Requiel's spreadsheet has it down as having strength (? maybe it's compensated for somehow, because it actually has Agi)
    it says it has strength but it calculates it as agi

Thank you for this great guide! Well organized, thought-out, and love the icon/graphics. Definitely have this bookmarked for whenever I need to look something up.