Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Now Elegion dropped from LFR. But I have already 2 Shinkas (1 full upgraded) and both with dancing steel.
    So what to equip? to get Elegion with Dubious handaxe? Or let the 2 Shinkas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirush View Post
    Now Elegion dropped from LFR. But I have already 2 Shinkas (1 full upgraded) and both with dancing steel.
    So what to equip? to get Elegion with Dubious handaxe? Or let the 2 Shinkas?
    huh ? obviously you stay with the shinkas

Deleted
    I have a question if anyone is willing to answer it

Currently I am doing a very low amount of dps in raids(50k? Ilvl 473, xpertise hit capped etc) and I feel like its due to my rotation. Is HS above 80 rage the prefered rage dump over WS?Should I use WS or skip a GCD? When does one use WS if it is not Bloodsurge procced? I get rage starved I feel if I use WS. Is it acceptable to lose a GCD due to having a string of bad luck?

As someone with a badly geared warrior alt. I am trying to learn fury but the rotation won't stick.

Any tips for a complete furytard?

I understand it is along the lines of BT- X - X - BT - X - X, when nothing procs what do I do? When everything procs what do I do? What is the optimal burn right after a CS? I have read the guide over and over but it won't stick.

I find myself not able to fill every GCD even to the point of BT - nothing - nothing - BT - nothing - Heroic Strike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    The merits of glyph of recklessness have been covered more than once, including in this thread, and the general result is that while with gear not yet attainable it might be a dps increase, currently glyph of reck is usually a dps loss over not having a glyph at all. People blindly state "that it gives you better enrage uptime, therefore it must be a dps gain" but completely neglect the fact that our most powerful CDs to use in conjunction with recklessness last much less than 18 seconds, and that our rage dump window is also much shorter than 18 seconds. Having 30% crit rather than 50% crit means you get a lot less out of colossus smash (6 seconds) bloodbath (10 seconds) skull banner (10 seconds), and all the heroic strikes that you'll be rage-dumping with while these are up.

End result, don't use glyph of reck. Sim it yourself for proof.
    I cant approve your post. I've simed it an max. there is a DPS loss if you DON'T take the Glyph of Recklessness..

-Pirush

Deleted
    Armory? With my gear, 50,000 iterations:

Empty glyph slot: 97,646 dps
    Glyph of recklessness: 97,580 dps

That's not even including skull banner, which obviously favours unglyphed recklessnes over glyphed recklessness.

I need some help with trinkets.

I'm using Xuen + upgraded carbuncle since earlier. Today I got Lei shin's final orders. How does lei shin's compare to carbuncle/the new str/crit trinket in 5.1 (I'm an engineer so I hate on use trinkets >.<)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirush View Post
    I cant approve your post. I've simed it an max. there is a DPS loss if you DON'T take the Glyph of Recklessness..

-Pirush
    The glyph of recklessness, AT BEST, is dps neutral. At worst, it's a 100-200 dps loss. I'm betting that if you are seeing a slight dps gain, that means that you are most likely not using engineering as a profession.

Try adding this line to simcraft, to see for yourself. Just throw it under the line with recklessness.

actions+=/skull_banner,use_off_gcd=1,if=buff.recklessness.up

(Yes, for some reason skull banner is not being used on the default profile.)

Without engineering/skull banner, the glyph can be a 50-100 dps increase. However, using either engineering tinker/skull banner or both, like we are most likely to be doing, is a dps loss with the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorca View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I couldn't help but notice that Landsoul<vodka> and Sinnermighty<Blood Legion> are both now TG. Has something changed with the advent of item upgrades?
    Nothing changed, weapon availability matters.

noob question, what happens if I equip a 2H MH with a 1H as OH? cos i happen to have a good 2h and a good 1h

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zolakt View Post
    noob question, what happens if I equip a 2H MH with a 1H as OH? cos i happen to have a good 2h and a good 1h
    You get none of the bonuses and your dps will suck ^^

Currently I am doing a very low amount of dps in raids(50k? Ilvl 473, xpertise hit capped etc) and I feel like its due to my rotation. Is HS above 80 rage the prefered rage dump over WS?Should I use WS or skip a GCD? When does one use WS if it is not Bloodsurge procced? I get rage starved I feel if I use WS. Is it acceptable to lose a GCD due to having a string of bad luck?
    You almost never HS outside of a CS window, unless you're going to cap rage and the global is already occupied. WS is used when you're >85 rage and you have an empty global, the priority is basically HT>Shout>Bloodsurge WS>WS if >85R outside of a CS window, you only use RB charges up if you're anticipating having two before or on the CS window. You could also use it inside a CS window that's less than ideal (e.g. 2 RB, you BT, no BR is up, and it doesn't crit, then WS). Bad RNG happens, so skipping a global isn't going to kill you, especially when outside of CS all you're doing it twiddling your thumbs waiting around rage cap to dump it all in 6.5s.

I understand it is along the lines of BT- X - X - BT - X - X, when nothing procs what do I do? When everything procs what do I do? What is the optimal burn right after a CS? I have read the guide over and over but it won't stick.
    Along with the above post, the optimal ability usage during a CS is RB>RB>BT/BR if no crit>RB, with gear it's easier to have that happen consistently, but you should be able to do that every time if you're smart.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    What are the best Professions for DPS currently?

I am currently using BS and JC but I want to remain optimal as much as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    You almost never HS outside of a CS window, unless you're going to cap rage and the global is already occupied. WS is used when you're >85 rage and you have an empty global, the priority is basically HT>Shout>Bloodsurge WS>WS if >85R outside of a CS window, you only use RB charges up if you're anticipating having two before or on the CS window. You could also use it inside a CS window that's less than ideal (e.g. 2 RB, you BT, no BR is up, and it doesn't crit, then WS). Bad RNG happens, so skipping a global isn't going to kill you, especially when outside of CS all you're doing it twiddling your thumbs waiting around rage cap to dump it all in 6.5s.

Along with the above post, the optimal ability usage during a CS is RB>RB>BT/BR if no crit>RB, with gear it's easier to have that happen consistently, but you should be able to do that every time if you're smart.
    Thanks, I feel like i'm doing much better now. I am wondering if anyone has knows of an addon that has a small secondary rage bar. I am using NTK right now for enrage and RB but it can not show the rage bar itself to my knowledge. Does anyone know of a (light) addon which allows you to have a secondary rage bar(i'd like to keep my portrait on the top left, I really hate it when it is not)that allows you to make a second rage bar basically which you can move?

Also, I am currently also looking at new trinkets(I have darkmaster Gandling and the one from stormstout brewery), while I am 100% getting the one from The new Dominance offensive revered I am wondering what else should I get. The DMC looks nice but its really expensive, the chance of me getting a normal raid trinket outside of Mogushan vault is small but I can get one from LFR from HoF or Terrace.

So basically I have a chance for

489 Lei
    483 Darkmist Vortex

Does the Card outperform those 2?
    Last edited by mmocc8486db60e; 2012-12-13 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipsate View Post
    Thanks, I feel like i'm doing much better now. I am wondering if anyone has knows of an addon that has a small secondary rage bar. I am using NTK right now for enrage and RB but it can not show the rage bar itself to my knowledge. Does anyone know of a (light) addon which allows you to have a secondary rage bar(i'd like to keep my portrait on the top left, I really hate it when it is not)that allows you to make a second rage bar basically which you can move?

Also, I am currently also looking at new trinkets(I have darkmaster Gandling and the one from stormstout brewery), while I am 100% getting the one from The new Dominance offensive revered I am wondering what else should I get. The DMC looks nice but its really expensive, the chance of me getting a normal raid trinket outside of Mogushan vault is small but I can get one from LFR from HoF or Terrace.

So basically I have a chance for

489 Lei
    483 Darkmist Vortex

Does the Card outperform those 2?
    Vortex is trash. Both Lei and Xuen are great trinkets.

What are the best Professions for DPS currently?
    Engineering for the Synapse Springs, and BS, for the two extra prismatic sockets.

@Kipsate
    Here's a WeakAura I have with a dynamic rage bar that switches colors depending on your rage
    Code:
    de0OfaGiisUePGgLuP6uqeMfkUfPuTlsPmmk5yqzzsspdIY0OOUgPqBts4BKQACKsCobY9ivzFKs6GqKAHsfpKuGjkvI2Oa1hLkjNusuwPeEPKintjrStb9tsrgkerlfs6Punvj6QsIQVkvcNvQKAVk)fsnyKdtYILQEmunzj1Lj2mf5Zuy0Kkonk9APsz2ICBbSBH(nQgoLA5apxuth01LY2HO67qIXtQ05HW6jf1(v9Ww58aZRNxVY5zOcVBzNvZYcXmpxxnzYuwGlyZAXczAXYQIkWmheM(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(utoP3jmMtwmNSEXPtNojX6xC60PtV40PtNacSbINasnZjdGirMt9PMWCc7fsS(fV4fVyoGdvqzHwZZ4QKGyHyZBzbnopXbRZGdohcynmeWkNdrylZZqfSLN3IcYLiCUQb5ZT5Oia0CBbOGCWCTQ38wwqBZrraRFUGCjcNJKCueW8wwqBlaCjcT5OiG1p3MJIaGiSLfInVLf0TilCDM3YcABokcaIWwwNbNxlz85OQmKokWCDewdDGlSQ(ZrOjtMYcCHAhZs)5jUQELZBzbnEsLZRZCapjRCEGwcYUYbhCEllOJcYfW6NJNu58kNNzJgjzExG0OIALPjuhCEllOX5b6vW1zW5aXGLhlrylZvnGQxbMRQRzHS8OkHgcynmeqELdohk6cBazEzRxMdfDHbZJW5ouboPbSrzoKnGaCwnllSkYMZwphvLH0rbMdzdiGG5r48Uwf5r5uLQmzsKScQ5tOkgTKcmhf2AOolezwMNhBbkbSggciVqS51Sz7KcrPOlSsetW5Ai(CwCEC9dopphtBM1M(AtlZr(cXmBzn4g
    The card smashes the LFR Darkmist Vortex, it's even is better than the 509 version. Lei Shi still gets beat out by it, but not as significantly.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    puh.. I have again a question. I've simmed a few times and always dragon roar on 2nd place for damage. But ingame it's kind meele>execute>raging blow. I always hit DR after CS with all CDs right before BB expires.

-Pirush
    Last edited by mmocb2d46a2f26; 2012-12-14 at 11:17 AM.

Why would you use DR after CS? Read the tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Why would you use DR after CS? Read the tooltip.
    After the debuff is runs out..
    Last edited by mmocb2d46a2f26; 2012-12-14 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    You're reading the sim wrong. You're looking at the Damage per Execute Time chart, which tells you basically how hard a single cast of an ability hits. Don't confuse "damage per execute time" with the ability execute or anything like that, it just means (in the case of warriors at least) "damage per global cooldown". It's saying one execute hits harder than one dragon roar which hits harder than 1 raging blow and so on.

If you want to see what % of your overall damage each ability should be you look at the DPS% column of the Abilities table.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-14 at 07:20 PM.