Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    Good post above. Although on execute phase I'm still having dilemma whether I should be using RB stacks or just purely using execute, BT and CS

You should use RB outside of CS windows in execute phase, unless you can somehow sustain execute spam through berserker stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Good post above. Although on execute phase I'm still having dilemma whether I should be using RB stacks or just purely using execute, BT and CS
    RB is highest DPR, so you still use RB, but you won't worry as much about overwritting a RB stack.

Deleted
    Remember, if the first BT after CS ends crits, you can use that RB right away (while enraged) since there is no way you can keep it for the next CS phase.
    Just want to say something about this. I used to hit the first RB I get after a CS phase for the exact reasons you describe. However, I found that not hitting that RB and letting the RB stack to 2, and then clearing 1 stack each time BT crits and throw a Wild Strike in there is the perfect rage needed to not cap before a CS but still maintain above 80 rage.

So like. First RB crits after a CS phase. Letting it sit, hit a Wild Strike+Heroic Throw/Shout/Impending Vic(if you choose that). Next BT crits - 2 stacks. Hit RB then Wild Strike. If Wild Strike is procced, 2 Wild Strike+Heroic Strike is practically the same rage spent. You will be sitting above 80 rage when next BT comes up. If it crits you'll almost be capped, RB's 10 rage cost delays the capping for the next GCD which is Wild Strike.

The reason I do this is I maintain a high amount of rage and don't necesarily have to resort to low damage/no damage fillers like Shout/throw.

You spend the same amount of net rage whether you use the RB stack right away or wait for another. The point is that if you get unlucky and don't crit for two BT's in a row, you might be forced to use that RB without being enraged because the proc is running out, whereas if you use it right away you make sure you get it while you are enraged, this goes double for right after a CS where you used Bloodbath as you will likely have a couple of seconds left on it once CS ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Just want to say something about this. I used to hit the first RB I get after a CS phase for the exact reasons you describe. However, I found that not hitting that RB and letting the RB stack to 2, and then clearing 1 stack each time BT crits and throw a Wild Strike in there is the perfect rage needed to not cap before a CS but still maintain above 80 rage.

So like. First RB crits after a CS phase. Letting it sit, hit a Wild Strike+Heroic Throw/Shout/Impending Vic(if you choose that). Next BT crits - 2 stacks. Hit RB then Wild Strike. If Wild Strike is procced, 2 Wild Strike+Heroic Strike is practically the same rage spent. You will be sitting above 80 rage when next BT comes up. If it crits you'll almost be capped, RB's 10 rage cost delays the capping for the next GCD which is Wild Strike.

The reason I do this is I maintain a high amount of rage and don't necesarily have to resort to low damage/no damage fillers like Shout/throw.
    No that's wrong. You can keep on doing it but its suboptimal. The only time I'd recommend delaying the first RB out of a CS phase is if feather proced, since you'd still be enraged on the next free GCD even if the 2nd BT didn't crit and you'd have a few higher feather stacks.

is there a good rule of thumb for figuring out what situations where rage gain from zerker stance out places rage gain in battle stance? or just try it out case by case?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    is there a good rule of thumb for figuring out what situations where rage gain from zerker stance out places rage gain in battle stance? or just try it out case by case?
    Well since its percentage based it'll depend SLIGHTLY on your HP. If you're taking more than 100k in a burst of predictable damage (EG Dispelling ionization, stomp on tortos, dire call on horridon, etc) swap in and out of serker stance.

Otherwise it depends. If you have bubble healers like disc priests or hpallies or both, or a guard from a monk, you won't gain rage. Basically things like Rampage on Megara I switch to serker stance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    trinket question

how good is LFR spark of zandalar and LFR fabled feather of ji-kun vs darkmoon faire trinket and skullrender medallion?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    Any time you are taking ~2.5% of your health a second.

Jin'rokh: Ionization dispel + Lightning Storm
    Horridon: 1st Gate Blazing Sunlight + Dire Call + Bestial Cry
    Council: Kazra'jin Overload + Twisted Fate + Dark Power
    Tortos: I prefer D stance for stomps, so I do not have to refresh my shield the whole fight.
    Megan: Rampage
    Ji-Kun: Quills
    Durumu: Light Spectrum + Dark Parasite
    Primordius: Puddle Soaking + Pathogen Glands + Acidic Spines + Gas Bladder
    Dark Animus: Add Tanking + Interrupting Jolt
    Qon: Unleashed Flame Soaking + Windstorm + Fist Smash
    Twins: All P2 + Comet Stacks
    Shen: Thunderstruck + Crashing Thunder + Discharged Energy + Gale Winds
    Ra-den: Orb + Vita Soak + P2
    thanks! this is exactly what i was looking for. i recently swapped from a ret paladin to a warrior because of raid comp issues and getting the knack for rage management in fury has has been troublesome for me.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    thanks! this is exactly what i was looking for. i recently swapped from a ret paladin to a warrior because of raid comp issues and getting the knack for rage management in fury has has been troublesome for me.
    Honestly, it's like heroic leap for damage usage. If you can do it correctly, it's a DPS gain. But if you mess it up you'll lose more than you would have gained with perfect execution in most cases. It's good to practice, just be aware if it causes you to mess up other parts of your rotation on progression fights, it's probably better to NOT do it until you can handle it.

But since you should learn how to do it anyway since it is a DPS gain, I recommend this macro.

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:2] Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:3] Battle Stance

It's basically a 1 button press to switch back and forth between stances. Just don't use it to leave defensive stance, as it will put you in berserker stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so just a quick question to make sure I've got things sorted.
    At what Rage is it worth using WS/HS as a rage dump? As it stands I'm under the impression that you basically want to use either only if you're at 90+ rage. Is that correct? Also how many "rotations" away from CS should I save up my RB procs instead of using them as a filler?

Maybe it's just me but I'm feeling like my filler rotation is a little empty? I've currently got 19% crit so I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

Use WS if you are about to rage cap or if you are going to get rage-capped after your next BT. Use HS if you are about to get rage-capped in the middle of a GCD. You should keep 1 stack of RB up as long as its duration will last into the next CS, which usually means from the 2nd BT after CS ends. With 19% crit your rotation will feel empty. Remedy it by getting better itemized gear, even at blues only ilvl you can have more crit than that.

Please use this Thread for all future questions and theorycrafting:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warrior-Guide
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin