Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Build 16030 Nerfs

Divine Storm An area attack that consumes 3 charges of Holy Power to cause 135% - now 100% weapon damage as Holy damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

Mastery: Hand of Light Your Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm deal 17.0% - now 15.0% additional damage as Holy damage.

Wait..so we're one of the worst SIMing DPS there is currently, and they're still nerfing us? Another 2% damage lose on our mastery to pretty much everything we've got in the ol' arsenal..and our already rather clunky AOE setup having to rely on a seal being on, using a gutted cleave that lost it's true worth in it's secondary mechanic that it had in Cata and finishing it off with a now less appealing than ever finisher whirlwind...that was a skill they robbed us of at the end of Wrath and never replaced with something else in our rotation to fill that gap that it left us with, where our fun "waiting and having nothing to hit" part of our rotation spawned from that has plagued us since DS and CS began sharing a CD.

All in all, I'm "ecstatic" to say the least to see that once again they're nerfing actual constant damage output, and not shifting our retarded burst damage off our cooldowns and into these abilities that they continue to nerf and nerf and nerf in some vane hope of trying to bring some damage balance to a class that they're literally centering their damage tweeking choices on and around it's stupid level of strength it has when all it's cooldowns are blow..instead of fixing this heavy CD dependency that stems all the problems the class has as a DPS.

..But no, Blizz logic in a nutshell.."we made it this way, and if we change it they'll hate us, we can't change it even if it's a downright TERRIBLE design!!!" ..So in lieu of truly redesigning the class out of "derpmode" setup they have coined us into, we're now left to once again relive Tier-11 as a second coming of being HORRIBLE for anything and everything, other than when all our CDs are blown in both PvE and PvP. ..Inc benchwarmer status for ret. /S-I-G-H
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2012-08-30 at 11:55 PM.

Goddamit we didn't need a mastery hit. HASTE BANDWAGON GOOO.

/sigh

...My Shammy's looking better and better. Pity I'm a masochist. >_<
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

yeah, shame this is written in stone and has no chance of changing before MoP goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    yeah, shame this is written in stone and has no chance of changing before MoP goes live
    You must be new to ret. THis your first beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yea, isn't it? First beta watching rets for you ain't it? Nothing gets better for us, it only gets worse, I mean shit..you see all those AWESOME BUFFS we got all through beta testing? ...Oh, wait, that was a joke, damn..almost fooled myself there for a second into thinking ret got any buffs this whole beta..silly me.

Good job Blizzard. Buff the classes and specs that top the DPS meter, and nerf the ones who are at the bottom.

Mastery 210% Scaling now 185%

OR 2.1% HoL damage mastery for the original 1% mastery value down to 1.85% HoL

Basically Mastery rating in general took a -15% hit which translates to easily a 2-3% dps loss.

So the 17%-15% was not the only nerf, the rating as a whole is a nerf, including Blessing of Might.

IN SHORT MASTERY RATING IS WORTH -15% at 90 it now takes 488 Mastery for 1% Gain it was 425 rating.

Haste is now the clear and unrivaled winner. Until that is nerfed also.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-08-30 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Mastery 210% Scaling now 185%

OR 2.1% HoL damage mastery for the original 1% mastery value down to 1.85% HoL

Basically Mastery rating in general took a -15% hit which translates to easily a 2-3% dps loss.

So the 17%-15% was not the only nerf, the rating as a whole is a nerf, including Blessing of Might.

IN SHORT MASTERY RATING IS WORTH -15%

Haste is now the clear and unrivaled winner. Until that is nerfed also.
    Don't you just love this game? ..They base our class's worth on how good it is for 30 seconds every 3-5 minutes, and not on how much we suck the all unholy dick for those other minutes that we don't have our CDs pumping us up to the awesome level of being "a raidwide trinket that just randomly does this extra damage for a short period of time..but then when it goes on cooldown you're basically 9 1/3 manning the raid..and I won't even give a quote on what you'd be manning as a 25m with a ret..cause any sensible 25m won't even have one, cause ret is a joke.

so I am still confused now at lvl 90 will our stat prio be Haste>Mastery>Crit? with these changes to our mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverocean View Post
    so I am still confused now at lvl 90 will our stat prio be Haste>Mastery>Crit? with these changes to our mastery?
    Starting to look that way. ..Blizz has once more fed us a whole heaping pile of dirty dick to feast upon, and we get no other choice but to eat while they sit there and laugh at us.

Nothing like being one of the bottom 5 worst classes in the game for DPS, where the other 4 there at the bottom of the meter are all classes that can just pick a different spec to play so their DPS is worlds better. ..Its super great! I have one choice for DPS spec..and it's to suck horribly and get smacked with the nerf bat even when I'm down and out, bad and probably will be completely inviable for being in a raid come level 90, like we were at 85 in T11, when our mastery wasn't even a mastery, and was totally useless.

I'm already warming my bench seat and preparing to install a heated cushion , and some drink holders..maybe an umbrella and a mini-fridge, possibly a footrest too, cause man oh man, I'm no gonna be getting up off that baby to see any action EVER at this rate of sweet sweet mediocrity Blizz is forcing us ret paladins into.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 11:28 PM ----------

Updated first post with some SUPER SWEET SIMS, so everyone can see the greatness that is ret paladin DPS, that is FORCING Blizzard to continue to nerf us into a more "balanced" position in the line-up.
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2012-08-30 at 11:27 PM.

dear god, well it wouldn't be beta without breaking ret 3 weeks before release! 5.1 will fix it!

Even if the deviation is 10k below what it's supposed to be, it's still awful... this is bad. This is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeon View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 11:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Updated first post with some SUPER SWEET SIMS, so everyone can see the greatness that is ret paladin DPS, that is FORCING Blizzard to continue to nerf us into a more "balanced" position in the line-up.
    We got buffed somewhere! Last I saw that sim we were a full 50k behind Furies, but now it's only 40k! Rejoice!

/sarcasm

>_<

So... this thread is based upon simulated results and not actual parses?

Haven't we learned our lesson on that one, yet?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

no it's based on the fact a -15% scaling drop to what is normally 20% of our damage or simply a flat 3.5% dps drop.
    The op is using an old simc wtf u even post that for? the number should say 110k dps. Or a 4k drop from the current sim.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-08-30 at 11:45 PM.

Maybe one day when we get big and strong and grow up, We can top the meters...../sigh another wet dream

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

No, this is based on actual received nerfs, while other classes that are already outperforming us by leaps and bounds remain untouched or further buffed.

Simcraft, nuff said really. It is never accurate.

Deleted
    Someone has to be last on that list. Why not pala?(playing one myself)