Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    No. Prices on the gold AH needed to drop ages ago. To be honest, the gold AH shouldn't have even existed in the first place if you ask me.
    If they had provided an item only AH, then forced players to sell gold on Ebay it would've defeated the purpose of giving players a secure, scam free location to sell/buy their items. Blizzard can wash their hands of anyone who chooses not use their service and gets scammed.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2012-08-26 at 03:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If they had provided an item only AH, then forced players to sell gold on Ebay it would've defeated the purpose of giving players a secure, scam free location to sell/buy their items. Blizzard can wash their hands of anyone who chooses not use their service and gets scammed.
    That wasn't exactly what I meant. I mean the RMAH is fine, and that would be a place for people to sell gold at (since it is still necessary for your repairs and crafting). However, rather than the gold AH, I think they should have used an in-system item swapping area (similar to Pokemon and how you can trade online).

All the gold AH does is show that most players out there are incredibly greedy. I've seen marginally better items than what I have on both of my 60's on the AH for as high as tens of millions of gold. I would have much preffered to take items such as those and have a way to trade them, rather than selling to buy something else. Need a ring? I have that, do you have a sword I'm looking for? Let's trade!

Gold AH just needs to die in a big inferno-bathed fire.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

In 6 months, MOP will be cruising along, and Diablo III will still have lots of people playing it. The combination of MOP + Diablo III will make it almost impossible for competitors to do well, and Blizzard will remain THE premier gaming company. GW2 will be on its last legs and will become yet another niche game, just like Everquest and Rift and SWOTR. No reason for it do die, but after the initial surge of interest it too will drop below 1 million subscribers.

Diablo III will be the "break time" game when people need a breather from WOW, for whatever reason. MOP plus Diablo III is an awesome 1-2 combination of games, and it will be VERY hard for other companies to compete with this dynamic duo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully pvp!

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    In 6 months, MOP will be cruising along, and Diablo III will still have lots of people playing it. The combination of MOP + Diablo III will make it almost impossible for competitors to do well, and Blizzard will remain THE premier gaming company. GW2 will be on its last legs and will become yet another niche game, just like Everquest and Rift and SWOTR. No reason for it do die, but after the initial surge of interest it too will drop below 1 million subscribers.

Diablo III will be the "break time" game when people need a breather from WOW, for whatever reason. MOP plus Diablo III is an awesome 1-2 combination of games, and it will be VERY hard for other companies to compete with this dynamic duo.
    Also, Blizzard will be rocking out with Starcraft 2:HoS!

PvP Arenas will be out by then so it really shouldn't be much of a problem. Too bad the pvp will draw in a bunch of players who bought the game initially who will then realize that they're light years behind the players who stuck around and will quit again shortly after.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    prolly 3/4 of the player base won't give a shit anymore