• Not really

22 11.83%
  • a bit but nothing major

30 16.13%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How excited are you about Guild wars2?

So as we probaly all know under 24 hours to early start.
    So i would like to ask how excited are you, for about 30 days ago i was really excited but now, under 24 hour i feel it a bit, it is nothing major.

so how do you guys feel is it just me who is getting to cynical since i have tried pretty much all MMO's from DCUO - swtor or is it a common feeling?

10+ Year Old Account
    personally im excited as fuck...but lingering in the back of my mind is similar to what your feeling....that nauseating dread that the game may not live up to its hype and ultimately crash and burn...despite for me at least no evidence to support that. Everytime I have played gw2 at betas stress tests etc I have grown more and more loving the game. But I have that concern still for sure!

I have not played a MMO really in almost 3 years and I am very excited. I do not believe the game will fail at all, as I see it as the next milestone in the MMO arena just like UO,EQ and WoW were. This game is Offering many things I have wanted in a MMO sense I was 11 playing UO in 1997 and then 2 years later when EQ was released. WoW was the last MMO I played and I quit when it became the same game over and over, I can only handle so much rehash before it gets to dated for me.(My opinion)

Deleted
    im fucking buzzing for it , i wasnt excited for swtor or rift like i am guild wars , i really doubt its going to be a let down , loads of people have said it brings the magic back from all the stale mmo's around and in stress test i was impressed. Only thing im dreading learning is the weapon related skills

It is impossible for my body to be more ready.Just one sleep cycle away from playing the game I've waited half a decade for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    It is impossible for my body to be more ready.Just one sleep cycle away from playing the game I've waited half a decade for.
    This, been so long since it was revealed that they'd work on GW2. Can't believe it's less than 21 hours away.

Not that i'll be playing at launch time, gf>gw
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-08-24 at 10:17 AM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Pretty exited, this is a true 'next-gen' mmo, i'm curious to see what the combat is like.

(fingers crossed for it to run smoothly on my machine though...)
    Last edited by mmoc1b829edf9e; 2012-08-24 at 10:18 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stoked for it. Honestly cant belive we are this close to launch. Seems like the other day the NDA was still on it and I was watching totalbis talking about how he felt abOut the game play

Deleted
    I've been waiting 5yrs for this game and it's finally here. Even got a new ava to celebrate the occasion. Quaggan party! I've been MMOless since I quit Wow after patch 3.2 (just checked, that was in 2009 ) and I'm happy there's finally a MMO that's grabbed my attention like GW1 and Wow did when I first started playing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I've been waiting 5yrs for this game and it's finally here. Even got a new ava to celebrate the occasion. Quaggan party! I've been MMOless since I quit Wow after patch 3.2 (just checked, that was in 2009 ) and I'm happy there's finally a MMO that's grabbed my attention like GW1 and Wow did when I first started playing them.
    Why didn't I think of that before, best avatar ever
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Why didn't I think of that before, best avatar ever
    Stole it from the link account page: https://account.guildwars2.com/account/link
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-08-24 at 10:24 AM.

Just another game in a long line of games for me, so I'm not going through the roof. No matter how excited I've been in the past, I know that there won't be Angel choirs singing and golden light flowing from my screen once I can access it.

. I will login to reserve names, but after that it's off to WoW for some stuff that I want to finish and then RDR to try and beat the poker...UNLESS I login to GW2 and it's extremely stable, then I'll do those after a few hours of exploring what they've changed, what's new, what's old, how optimized it is and so on.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but can't say I'm spastic.

Deleted
    Do you know when you've been to the pub and on the walk home you really need the toilet. Every step you take closer to home seems to double your need to pee...when you finally get home it's indescribable torture and you can barely make it up the stairs...some odd, as yet, undiscovered law of physics means that it doesn't matter how far or how close the pub was - the torture and the "will I or wont I make it" level reaches the same summit as you're fumbling for the handle on the toilet door, with sweat pouring down your face.

I feel pretty much like that.

Deleted
    This, been so long since it was revealed that they'd work on GW2. Can't believe it's less than 21 hours away.

I have my significant other cooking for me that day xD usually thats my task but being a gamer aswell (who is eventually joining me in Tyria). Its awesome when your partner is into games aswell so they understand the little things like wanting to reserve a name etc.

Relationships first tho as you said

I'm doing a good job keeping my expectations in check. After playing a few different MMOs over the past decade, I've learned to not distort advertisements and hype into something more than the devs have promised. I'm basically looking forward to a new game to play some PvP with my friends with. Beyond that, I don't think I have the assumption that GW2 will replace all other MMOs I currently have installed.

Now, I'm OPEN to GW2 replacing all the other MMOs I have installed. I'm happy with that possibility if it occurs - and based on all the things I've seen it does seem to match very well with my interests and preferences. But if it doesn't, I just hope I get some fun out of my purchase before I get bored. I think I can honestly say I'd still be satisfied if that's all I got out of it.

In sum, I wish you had an option on your poll that was between "VERY" and "a little bit" excited. I'm pretty dang excited... but I also am not hinging all my gaming hopes on this game just yet.
    Last edited by Shlamorel; 2012-08-24 at 10:51 AM.

I'm very excited for the next couple of hours. I think gw2 will change my heart for mmos. Ive played in three stress test and its been awesome. Now the game is almost here. words really can't describe the feeling in my gut. I have a hunger for guildwars2. I don't plan to rush to level cap or anything. I'm going to take my time do quest and explore.

The hardest part for me will be what will my main character be? What race or profession shall i choose. I guess i got the next 20hours to think about it =)

woman that ill be playing at launch with>ur gf
    i kid, i kid!
    Seriously though my gf used to get bent on how much I game online. Then I got her to try wow and all that changed.
    Phallus: "I don't eat turkey spam. I'm a spam purist, an elitist if you will."

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very excited for this game.

it's the best MMO I've ever played.

Deleted
    On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is "I just bought the game because I had to spend the money somewhere" and 10 is "omgicannotsleep", I rank in on a six. I look forward to playing the game... casually.

Deleted
    "a bit but nothing major" tbh. I was more excited for SWTOR and it didnt do me any good, so I try to look on new games like there is a possibility of failure.
    I'm more excited for MoP, because I know it will deliver,
    this game? - I'm not sure of, in 3 months I will know the answer.